June Chat/All Topic Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 05:22 AM
DRRXR
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good Morning Everyone

Have a great Saturday.

Oh I will be headed over to one of the lakes in your state later on this yr. Towing a 5th wheel any recomendations on where to camp out?

Dang I need to go back to bed lol

Any particular lake or spot

thanks

Old 06-02-2012, 09:33 AM
jgoodman6891
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At some point your going to have to think about moving up to a PowerStroke and get away from those non-turbocharged oil burners.
That is a great idea. Then he could give away that 6.9/t-19 to somebody who wanted to put it in.....say a 79 Bronco or something.
I beat he's got a truck or two he'd love to throw in on a deal like that.

If I could run across a halfass decent deal with one I would snag it. Then again I like the simplicity of the IDI. Plus after hauling 10k+ twice & how she ran out, Im honestly happy with a wore out 6.9. A built PSD might get me in trouble one way or another.

Had a 78 Bronco for a while & actually miss it. There was way to much work needed to make it decent & to few of them around here. Stripped it for a few parts & sold the rest. Made out pretty good in the end.

Honestly the 2 trucks Im wanting to build, my '77 F100 on a 250/350 srw 2wd frame with a diesel & a supercab (74-79) 4x4 dually diesel, manual & the dump bed my 85 has. Or instead of building off my 1ton frame, just get a 2ton bob truck.

Jeff is the one up in AK right? If so his truck is pictured in a magazine. True Blue Trucks, fall ford fest pictures.

Old 06-02-2012, 09:49 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Morning gents, looks like it's going to be a typical weekend full of honey-dos. Oh well, at least it's nice and cool out there. Feels great for the 2nd of June.
Originally Posted by DRRXR
Oh I will be headed over to one of the lakes in your state later on this yr. Towing a 5th wheel any recomendations on where to camp out?
Do you have a lake/area in mind or open to ideas? There are allot of lakes with camping across the state. Do you want to swim?
Originally Posted by jgoodman6891
Im honestly happy with a wore out 6.9. A built PSD might get me in trouble one way or another.
You've been talking to Scott again. A "slightly modified" won't get you in trouble...but it will get you there faster
Originally Posted by jgoodman6891
Jeff is the one up in AK right? If so his truck is pictured in a magazine. True Blue Trucks, fall ford fest pictures.
Yip, though the last post he made in his "North to Alaska" thread I think he said he was in BC at the moment. It's not the first time his truck has been in a magazine. Seems like early last year or the year before it was in another magazine for trucks that cruised "the dragon"; a very curvy highway in East Tennessee.

Old 06-02-2012, 10:02 AM
jgoodman6891
Elder User
You've been talking to Scott again. A "slightly modified" won't get you in trouble...but it will get you there faster
Speed..... Im the one everyone calls an A-hole because I dont go fast enough for them. The one mile stretch of I40 I have to travel, 55mph. 62 if there is traffic. Around town, fast enough to enjoy the view. Until someone else starts putting diesel in my tank, Im going the speed I want to.

Old 06-02-2012, 11:10 AM
DRRXR
Post Fiend
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by zhilton
Morning gents. Do you have a lake/area in mind or open to ideas? There are allot of lakes with camping across the state. Do you want to swim?

Well swimiming is okay, but fishing is beter. Some place we can pull a 5th wheel into. Do a little fishing, not far from some nice attractions etc...

I looked around but figured I would ask the experts.

Old 06-02-2012, 03:18 PM
BigAlsPSD
Post Fiend
Well swimiming is okay, but fishing is beter. Some place we can pull a 5th wheel into. Do a little fishing, not far from some nice attractions etc...

I looked around but figured I would ask the experts.
What kind of attractions? Any idea on what part of the state? Plenty of good fishing, well for Arkansas, not quite like those Texas lakes I've been too, ie Falcon and Fork.

Old 06-02-2012, 04:24 PM
DRRXR
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by BigAlsPSD
What kind of attractions? Any idea on what part of the state? Plenty of good fishing, well for Arkansas, not quite like those Texas lakes I've been too, ie Falcon and Fork.
We dont really care where so long as its nice and theres some good fishing.

As far as attractions, heck I dont know just something to do when we dont fish. Tour around what have you.

If your looking for good fresh water fishing Lake Amstad is a good one in Texas. However the drought has hurt most of the lakes here.

Old 06-02-2012, 08:22 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Does it run well?
Oh yeah. Runs great. It was the daily driver, then became the vacation vehicle. Now we have one that does both. Just don't need 4 vehicles for two drivers.

Old 06-02-2012, 08:24 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

As far as attractions, heck I dont know just something to do when we dont fish. Tour around what have you.

If your looking for good fresh water fishing Lake Amstad is a good one in Texas. However the drought has hurt most of the lakes here.
If you like trout and fly fishing then JFK park on Greers ferry lake is a great place. If the attractions are important I'd try any of the big three lakes down around hot springs.

Old 06-02-2012, 08:32 PM
DRRXR
Post Fiend
Thanks Scott
I will look into those

Old 06-03-2012, 12:40 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Originally Posted by cookie88
If you like trout and fly fishing then JFK park on Greers ferry lake is a great place. If the attractions are important I'd try any of the big three lakes down around hot springs.
I'm going to secound JFK park at Greer's Ferry...on the north side of Heber Springs. There are actually two parks by the dam. Dam Site which is on the lake side, and JFK which is on the discharge/Little Red River below the dam. You can fish on either side, just depends what your wanting to get on the hook.

Old 06-03-2012, 01:05 AM
BigAlsPSD
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by cookie88
Oh yeah. Runs great. It was the daily driver, then became the vacation vehicle. Now we have one that does both. Just don't need 4 vehicles for two drivers.
Sounds like me, if I got another I would be up to 6 vehicles, 1 5th wheel, 1 bass boat, a flat bottom. And some other smaller toys. Sounds ridiculous when I think about it.

Old 06-03-2012, 01:39 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Sounds ridiculous when I think about it.
How about when you see the insurance premium summary that list everything you have insured. We dropped the insurance on the Ranchero years ago since it hasn't moved in 10 years...but everything else is covered. Wonder how many you have to have to qualify for a fleet discount?

Old 06-03-2012, 02:32 AM
jgoodman6891
Elder User
Wonder how many you have to have to qualify for a fleet discount?
If Progressive hasnt changed in a year or so the limit for "normal/run of the mill" insurance is 4 trucks/cars.

Old 06-03-2012, 09:15 AM
Will P.
Senior User

There are four lakes in the Hot Springs area. Lake Catherine, Lake Ouachita, Lake DeGray, and Lake Greeson. There are numerous campsites around these lakes and a lot of them will accommodate a large camper. The state park campsites are nice.

Here are some links you might find useful:

Fishing Regulations
AGFC | Fishing and Boating

Arkansas State Parks
State Parks - Arkansas State Parks - Arkansas Tourism - State Park

Hot Springs
Hot Springs, Hot Springs Arkansas, Hot Springs AR

I hope this helps.

Quick Reply: June Chat/All Topic Thread