1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 11-21-2014, 12:47 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Steering and Suspension Guides
Print Wikipost

BEST AROUND 4 INCH LIFT KIT

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 03:16 PM
Furian
You Keep What You Kill
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BMWM1
I can get the 4 inch icon kit delivered for 1,450.Thats just the front though I could block rear higher until I can afford the rear leaf springs.

I think my factory leaf springs are worn out now
That's a good way to go. You can always upgrade the rear leaf springs when the budget allows. The Icon 4" lift kit below comes with 4" rear blocks, which you can always sell at a later date.

Icon Vehicle Dynamics 4 Inch Lift System - 2000-2004 F250/F350 4wd - Icon Veh. Dynamics - 2000-2004 F250/F350 SRW 4wd

Old 05-31-2012, 03:26 PM
Hotpocket
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SuperDutyScaler
a four inch kit only gives u a three inch block, your stock is 2 1/2" for a F250.
I believe the factory f250 block is 1 3/4in

Old 05-31-2012, 03:30 PM
BMWM1
Tuned
Originally Posted by Hotpocket
I believe the factory f250 block is 1 3/4in
They used several different blocks not sure why but I have a 4 inch now that a aftermarket.
I can get the bds 4 inch in front and 6 inch leaf for rear for around $1,500

Old 05-31-2012, 03:47 PM
Furian
You Keep What You Kill
They used several different blocks not sure why but I have a 4 inch now that a aftermarket.
I can get the bds 4 inch in front and 6 inch leaf for rear for around $1,500
That may be a less expensive option... the spring packs look better than the average lift kit.

Old 05-31-2012, 10:37 PM
BMWM1
Tuned
Originally Posted by Furian
That may be a less expensive option... the spring packs look better than the average lift kit.
I definetly would like the icons the most but the others seem like a decent compromise i havnt rulled out the icons good chance I could pull it off

Old 06-01-2012, 06:51 AM
Furian
You Keep What You Kill
I definetly would like the icons the most but the others seem like a decent compromise i havnt rulled out the icons good chance I could pull it off
Select the lift kit that is best for you... and post pics so we can enjoy!

Old 06-01-2012, 09:45 AM
Ginther
Laughing Gas
Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts
I just installed ProComp 2" leveling springs (#22210) in the front of my 2004. It raised it about 3+ inches.

I also installed a ProComp add-a-leaf in the rear (#13128) that raised the rear about 1.5 inches.

I also installed new Rancho RS7000MT shocks all around.

The add-a-leaf made the rear too stiff. It felt like someone was kicking the back of my seat over bumps. I didn't like them at all. They probably would be ok if you had a heavy tool box, big bumper or something. All I have is a bedrug liner and fiberglass bed cover.

The add-a-leafs had to go. My stock rear block was just under 2" thick. I pulled the add-a-leafs and the stock block, and installed a 4" block, which made for a 2" lift overall.

The rear is about an inch higher than the front now, which is cool with me. I dont like the reverse rake look, or what some call "level" where the front looks higher than the rear.

When my budget allows, I plan to get a set of 35x12.50/18 wheel/tire combo.

Name:  Lift001.jpg
Views: 11909
Size:  336.0 KB

Name:  Lift002.jpg
Views: 11911
Size:  320.4 KB
Before :

Name:  Oct2008.jpg
Views: 11771
Size:  314.7 KB

Old 06-01-2012, 09:59 AM
drey04
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Ginther
The add-a-leaf made the rear too stiff
Looks good! I hear ya on the add-a-leaf. I put tuffcountry 2" AAL in my truck and they were stiff as hell for about 2 weeks then once they got broken in a bit they were better.

Old 06-01-2012, 11:08 AM
Rancho Suspension
Former Vendor
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Looks sharp.

Originally Posted by Ginther
I just installed ProComp 2" leveling springs (#22210) in the front of my 2004. It raised it about 3+ inches.

I also installed a ProComp add-a-leaf in the rear (#13128) that raised the rear about 1.5 inches.

I also installed new Rancho RS7000MT shocks all around.

The add-a-leaf made the rear too stiff. It felt like someone was kicking the back of my seat over bumps. I didn't like them at all. They probably would be ok if you had a heavy tool box, big bumper or something. All I have is a bedrug liner and fiberglass bed cover.

The add-a-leafs had to go. My stock rear block was just under 2" thick. I pulled the add-a-leafs and the stock block, and installed a 4" block, which made for a 2" lift overall.

The rear is about an inch higher than the front now, which is cool with me. I dont like the reverse rake look, or what some call "level" where the front looks higher than the rear.

When my budget allows, I plan to get a set of 35x12.50/18 wheel/tire combo.

Before :

Old 06-01-2012, 01:28 PM
BMWM1
Tuned
I think there is a safety issue when using blocks mini packs etc especially when hauling and towing that needs to be taken in account for.

Old 06-01-2012, 01:56 PM
HuntsDucks70
Senior User
i know most everyone on here says to go with the icon lift, this even comes from people of non lifted trucks, which is amazing in itself.

i can tell you from real world experience that:
-my inferior 6" superlift rides alot nicer than the icons my cousin has on his rig.
-he is running what most say to run, icon springs (total system purchased from icon) with the bilstein 5100s all around. "he" even nick named his truck iconstiff. he and all who ride in both our rigs will admit my truck rides better.
-if i were going to jump my truck on a regular basis, i would say the icons would fit the bill, but as a DD, the superlift springs ride better, even with my ranchos bolted up.
-and the flex off road is great!

make no mistake, i am not trying to sway you one way or another, just wanted you to hear from someone that gets to experience both on a regular basis (we switch off for our hunting and fishing trips)

good luck sir!

Old 06-01-2012, 02:23 PM
BMWM1
Tuned
Originally Posted by HuntsDucks70
i know most everyone on here says to go with the icon lift, this even comes from people of non lifted trucks, which is amazing in itself.

i can tell you from real world experience that:
-my inferior 6" superlift rides alot nicer than the icons my cousin has on his rig.
-he is running what most say to run, icon springs (total system purchased from icon) with the bilstein 5100s all around. "he" even nick named his truck iconstiff. he and all who ride in both our rigs will admit my truck rides better.
-if i were going to jump my truck on a regular basis, i would say the icons would fit the bill, but as a DD, the superlift springs ride better, even with my ranchos bolted up.
-and the flex off road is great!

make no mistake, i am not trying to sway you one way or another, just wanted you to hear from someone that gets to experience both on a regular basis (we switch off for our hunting and fishing trips)

good luck sir!
Thank you I appreciate your input and find it very helpful. Im not jumping trucks at all really cant afford the damage it causes any ways. My most important part of this is the sturdiness of the unit.I want it to handle things I wont do to it but in case it does happen it will be there. Has to be safe and dont want to go more then 4 inches.

Old 06-01-2012, 02:41 PM
snelldawg
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
BDS, CST and Zone....have you looked at them too?

Old 06-01-2012, 02:42 PM
lukeg
Senior User
I used a set of precision metal fab 3'' shackles and hangers with my 6'' leaf. Very well built and installed very easily. Different sizes available. Would maintain your factory ride.

Front Lift Shackles and Drop Brackets - Precision Metal Fab

Old 06-01-2012, 05:02 PM
HuntsDucks70
Senior User
Thank you I appreciate your input and find it very helpful. Im not jumping trucks at all really cant afford the damage it causes any ways. My most important part of this is the sturdiness of the unit.I want it to handle things I wont do to it but in case it does happen it will be there. Has to be safe and dont want to go more then 4 inches.
my truck is not a street queen by any means and the superlift springs have not let me down. i romp on my truck, puts some big smiles on my 3 kids faces.

i also would like to add that they do not compare in ride quality to the 6" fabtech coilover conversion i installed onto my brothers 2011 6.7 4x4, that thing is plush, almost seems too smooth for a 1 ton truck! if money allowed, i would do the conversion, but i dont have the money my bro has, hope this info is helpful.

let me know if you any specific questions and i will do my best to answer them.

Quick Reply: BEST AROUND 4 INCH LIFT KIT