Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-2015 Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-22-2012, 11:21 PM
Posting Guru

Andrew010 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Andrew010 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
LMFAO!!

My apologies to the OP for the hijack.

4.5" lift - Tinted Windows - Line X - Truxedo Tonneau Cover - Ride Rites - Wireless Air - Traction Bars - S&B Intake - Deleted - H&S Tuned with 5" Straight Pipe
Old 05-23-2012, 12:11 AM
Senior User

mrjc has a good reputation on FTE.mrjc has a good reputation on FTE.mrjc has a good reputation on FTE.
Heres a link to the lubricity study of different brands http://www.natbiogroup.com/docs/educ...%20results.pdf. I run a mix of 2oz of Stanadyne performance formula and 2oz of Stanadyne lubricity formula per 15 gallons of Diesel. Based on a wear scar rating of 520 for diesel fuel, this mix would provide a tank of fuel, a scar rating of around 480. I "borrowed" this mixture from a OP on another site who did the math based on the spicer test. From everything I have digested on the subject of fuel lubricity and the Bosch pump in our trucks, I have concluded the pump needs needs added lubricty and costs a couple of pennies per gallon extra. Bosch recommends Stanadyne products so I feel good about the product.
1995 F150 XLT 5.0L - Sold
Old 05-23-2012, 01:15 AM
Sailor

Sailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputation
I use Stanadyne performance formula at every fillup. 4oz / 15 gals .... on the bottle.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:32 AM
Senior User

Lastwagen is starting off with a positive reputation.
I mix half Lucas fuel treatment and half PS Diesel Kleen and add 3oz per 10gal at every fill-up.

"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him."
~ James D. Miles
Old 05-23-2012, 07:40 AM
Posting Guru

Tuxedo Scorpion is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I use water. Much cheaper and readily available.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:07 AM
Posting Guru

Andrew010 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Andrew010 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxedo Scorpion View Post
I heard Ford actually recommends this, so they can cheap out of warranty repairs.....
Old 05-23-2012, 08:34 AM
not a white truck

SavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputation
SavageNFS SavageNFS
...and that's when the fight started...
Andre '11 F-250 6.7L, CCSB, FX4, Lariat Ultimate, not a white truck, 20" XD Badlands (-12 offset) w/35x12.5x20 Toyo Open Country MT, 5100 Bilsteins, 7100 Bilstein SS, Firestone Airbags w/AirLift Wireless, B&W, H&S MM, aFe CAI, aFe 4" delete pipe SS, 5" SS MBRP muffler/exhaust, LineX, Roll-N-Lock, Recon stuff - 2012 Becker 25' Aluminum Enclosed Trailer (hauling a Canned Ham, a PoPo and 3 Honduh's)-2011 Pinnacle 34RLTS
Old 05-23-2012, 11:55 AM
Sailor

Sailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputation
Talking Smart Azz Alert !!

Quote:
There is always at least one SA in the crowd

Good Job Tux......
Old 05-23-2012, 11:58 AM
Sailor

Talking Smart A ..... Alert . again!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageNFS View Post
...and that's when the fight started...
I must correct myself There are 2 SA's in the crowd
Old 05-23-2012, 12:16 PM
Posting Guru

Tuxedo Scorpion is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Actually, ive gotten away from diesel altogether. I just fill up with a hose now. Waaay cheaper.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:17 PM
not a white truck

SavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputation
SavageNFS SavageNFS
I was going to say...

Glad you recognize my true potential
Andre '11 F-250 6.7L, CCSB, FX4, Lariat Ultimate, not a white truck, 20" XD Badlands (-12 offset) w/35x12.5x20 Toyo Open Country MT, 5100 Bilsteins, 7100 Bilstein SS, Firestone Airbags w/AirLift Wireless, B&W, H&S MM, aFe CAI, aFe 4" delete pipe SS, 5" SS MBRP muffler/exhaust, LineX, Roll-N-Lock, Recon stuff - 2012 Becker 25' Aluminum Enclosed Trailer (hauling a Canned Ham, a PoPo and 3 Honduh's)-2011 Pinnacle 34RLTS
Old 05-23-2012, 02:02 PM
Sailor

Quote:
Actually, ive gotten away from diesel altogether. I just fill up with a hose now. Waaay cheaper.
If you do the "math"........ Pure, absolutely pure water will run in the diesel like a charm. The slightest hint of diesel fuel, and the system will implode
Old 05-23-2012, 02:03 PM
Sailor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageNFS View Post
I was going to say...

Glad you recognize my true potential
Of course I do ...... Oh great One
Old 05-23-2012, 02:05 PM
Sailor

Lightbulb Green????

BTW Tux......... is that hose Green in color
Old 05-23-2012, 04:07 PM
Junior User

bigtwinharley is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks Guys for all the input on the Cetane. Talked to the Diesel mechanic at the local shop and he said you dont really need to run Cetane in the truck at all. But he told me it is a good ideal to run some thru it about once a month if that would make you feel better about it to clean the system out some. But he did go on to say if you choose to put Cetane in it use the Motorcraft. So that is what I will use that way it will fall back on them if problems come up.

Hope this helps others as well.
Old 05-23-2012, 04:07 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
2011, 64, 67, boost, booster, cetane, diesel, egr, f350, ford, fuel, imploding, oklahoma, pump, run