the official OBS diesel off topic thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 10:19 PM
fordman67
Hotshot
Received 398 Likes on 269 Posts
U ever get Roy into that drivers seat?

Glenn,sssaaawweettt deal!

I like the sound of that.the sellers must be confident in the rig. Enjoy the ride!!

Old 11-02-2015, 10:39 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by fordman67
U ever get Roy into that drivers seat?

Glenn,sssaaawweettt deal!

I like the sound of that.the sellers must be confident in the rig. Enjoy the ride!!
Yeah he's been driving it a bit. He still hasn't been to the track yet though. I need to get his truck to the track and dial in the 1-2 shift and converer lock. It feels good enough on the street to cut a 1.7-1.8 60'. I think I can draw out first and maybe lock the converter in first and probably get him into the 1.6 range. I'm hoping my truck will do 1.5 60s when I am able to spray it and 1.6s on fuel.

Old 11-03-2015, 06:31 AM
DIYMechanic
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ReBilld

Nick, sorry to hear about your dog. I feel your pain brother. The day I was leaving to pull my 5er down to NC to start the new job, my dog laid down and died as I was packing the stuff in the camper. I took him up on the hill behind my house beside the little cemetery my Dad is buried in, and buried him close to my Dad. He was 14 years old and hadn't been doing well. It was ironic that he died literally minutes before I was getting ready to leave. Made for a rough 5 hour drive.
Man, that picture though.....

That's funny stuff right there.

Originally Posted by oldbird1965
New prices are insane! I don't think I would ever buy a new one even though I would like to. Its like looking at these trucks, after awhile you get a feel for what is good and what is bad. We have been looking at a different camper for three years now. I've been impatient and wanted to buy but thank God my wife holds me back. She kept saying that we will know it when we see it. The one I'm getting was used two months out of the year and stored indoors the other ten months. The guy I'm buying it from bought it two years ago to live in while their home was being built and he also has a poll barn he stored it in. I might get it and have nothing but problems but right now I don't think that will happen. Mobile Suites, called Doubletree in 08 and now called DRV is a top of the line 5er. We toured their factory in Indiana and I was impressed with their workmanship. Some of their new rigs sell for 150K, insane! We got lucky by waiting for 'the one', I hope! If it is as good as it seems to be, I know I could sell it down here to some snow bird and make some good money. There is a DRV dealer here in town that wants the sky for his 5ers. I especially like them because they have 3 1/2" walls and I'm hoping that the ac blowing and outside noise will be a lot less and make for a happier wife. You have to make a commitment to USE it or it is a waste of money. So many people have said to me, oh, that's looks like so much fun! Yes it is but its also a lot of work. We started out with a tent, van camper, pickup camper, 20' Winnebago motorhome, small 5er then the Travel Supreme. Oh, another important reason for us not buying new is the formaldehyde smell in the new campers. That would make my wife sick! I probably didn't answer your questions very well but everybody's situation is different.
Congratulations, Glenn! I'm happy to hear you found one. Good luck with the return trip.

Originally Posted by strokin'_tatsch
Congrats on the new 5er Glenn! I have some good news myself. Side work has been hitting pretty good this week. I'll be able to buy my new injectors and turbo for the OBS very soon now. engine and BTS going in as soon as my HPs, injectors, and turbo show up.
Awe shoot! It's on now! Good for you Travis. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Old 11-03-2015, 08:33 AM
RÖENTGEEP
FOREIGN GURU

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by cowmilker08
What we'd rather like to see is you AND Glenn at RRE next summer!
Ohh, that would be great, to know many of the members in this forum personally and say hello AMIGOS. That is in my "wish list" Its like a dream.

Originally Posted by oldbird1965
Third time better be a charm Phil!

Well, I made the 1200 mile trip in two days and I'm sitting in the 5er now. These people plugged it in and told me to spend the night here, nice! Even gave me their wireless access code. I'll take some pictures tomorrow and be on my way! Anxious to see how it pulls and I'm taking my time getting home!!
WOW! congrats Glenn, that, what was your dream, now its a reallity. I hope you got what you wanted, and that you have a safe trip to your home. Im anxious to see the pics OK?

Old 11-03-2015, 09:04 AM
madMatador78
Postmaster
That is awesome Glenn, Cant wait to see pictures!

Old 11-03-2015, 10:49 AM
fordman67
Hotshot
Received 398 Likes on 269 Posts
Thomas ....where that three rig pic at? Man...slack in...

Old 11-03-2015, 11:20 AM
madMatador78
Postmaster
Originally Posted by fordman67
Thomas ....where that three rig pic at? Man...slack in...

I have yet to take delivery. lol. But as a teaser I'll throw a pic up. lol.

Old 11-03-2015, 11:51 AM
tshrager
Lead Driver
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by madMatador78
I have yet to take delivery. lol. But as a teaser I'll throw a pic up. lol.

So you don't have the money to put into great white, but you're buying another truck!!?? Lord have mercy. Lol

Old 11-03-2015, 11:54 AM
El Camino Man
Logistics Pro
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aww yea! Gotta love a bull nose. Looks like it needs dog dishes too lol

I picked up some axles from a fellow FTEer on the very east side of WV. We were within an hour of Baltimore so we figured what the heck. Got some fresh shrimp and oysters too!

The same guy who I got the axles off of had a 12v Excursion with a manual in it. I had to apologize for drooling on it. (before anyone gets upset, it was a V10, not a PSD)

Old 11-03-2015, 11:54 AM
madMatador78
Postmaster
Originally Posted by tshrager
So you don't have the money to put into great white, but you're buying another truck!!?? Lord have mercy. Lol
Hard to say no when they put you on the easy installment plan. lol. That was the only way it happened.

Old 11-03-2015, 11:55 AM
El Camino Man
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by tshrager
Welcome to my world lol

Old 11-03-2015, 12:28 PM
madMatador78
Postmaster
I actually owned that truck once, he told me he would offer it to me first if he ever wanted to sell it. He kept his promise. Loved that truck. It has the blue interior that I love. Aaron is already re considering our friendship over the interior. lol.

Old 11-03-2015, 01:55 PM
lee00
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by madMatador78
I actually owned that truck once, he told me he would offer it to me first if he ever wanted to sell it. He kept his promise. Loved that truck. It has the blue interior that I love. Aaron is already re considering our friendship over the interior. lol.

It looks clean from that angle...

Old 11-03-2015, 02:03 PM
madMatador78
Postmaster
It is pretty clean for being a Wisconsin truck, age considered.

Old 11-03-2015, 07:05 PM
tshrager
Lead Driver
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Man oh man Thomas. I know you like the bull noses and I get the sentimental value of owning it before, but the thought of neglect on great white is killing me. I just hope you're not bummed if great white isn't pulling that TT come spring. Ok. I've said my peace. Again. It's your money. Lol

Quick Reply: the official OBS diesel off topic thread