1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

the official OBS diesel off topic thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 04:45 PM
MOOSE_MACHINE
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I enjoy working on those old mechanical engines. There just so darn simple. I've some work to do on the allis chalmers 8010 to do. But it seems to take time to get the parts in nowadays.

Old 05-26-2015, 05:35 PM
fordman67
Hotshot
Received 401 Likes on 270 Posts
Originally Posted by cowmilker08
A teen from church just bought an 86 f250 with the 6.9
He couldn't get it started so I went and helped him yesterday.
It has an air intrusion problem and about 15 other things wrong with that I could see.
I wish he would've asked me to look at it with him, I would have told him to walk away from it.
Oh well, I guess I get refamiliarize myself with the old dinosaur!
Ugg...try to stop before stitches are needed.....from banging your head against a wall.
BTW if you are looking for a livestock trailer there is one on 31 just south of kokomo that I passed yesterday on the way through...

Old 05-26-2015, 10:31 PM
ReBilld
Hotshot
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by liftnw8z
So, here's the finished product from my weekend lighting project. The night shot's not real great...but, you get the idea. The light is REALLY bright now - much improved.
Got her lookin good Bill!

Originally Posted by MOOSE_MACHINE
Pop in and dash I see lol
Well, you know......spring is here and I am busy working around the place. Been pretty busy lately. Don't have anything in the shop at the moment, but have a couple small jobs waiting and one big project for a guy. I gotta pull the body off his '79 Jeep CJ5 and fix a rusted frame, replace fuel and brake lines, clean the underside of the body and repaint the engine bay. I wanna get some stuff caught up around the house before that big project hits.

Old 05-26-2015, 10:56 PM
MOOSE_MACHINE
Postmaster
How's it goin Bill. I have been noticing a lot of flat fenders coming out now that the weather has been good. Them thing are cool. I almost bought a cj-7 but in the end I decided it was to rusted out.

Old 05-27-2015, 09:23 AM
cowmilker08
Postmaster
Originally Posted by fordman67
Ugg...try to stop before stitches are needed.....from banging your head against a wall.
BTW if you are looking for a livestock trailer there is one on 31 just south of kokomo that I passed yesterday on the way through...
Did you get a phone number or anything?
I did buy an old horse/stock trailer because it was cheap, but I might just fix it and flip it if something better comes along. It needs all new wheel bearings, wiring for the lights, a new latch for the storage compartment, and a coat of paint. I bought it down by Anderson so it hasn't seen much salt, but the paint is all faded and chalky.

Old 05-27-2015, 03:10 PM
El Camino Man
Logistics Pro
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gotta love them old Jeeps. My gfs dad was working on a late 70s CJ-5 that had spent most of its life in a barn. It looked amazing! I told my gfs dad to ask the guy if he would trade a diesel truck for it lol. He decided to keep it for sentimental reasons

Old 05-27-2015, 04:49 PM
fordman67
Hotshot
Received 401 Likes on 270 Posts
Sorry Phil. I didn't @80+ mph I was way behind!

Old 05-27-2015, 04:56 PM
MOOSE_MACHINE
Postmaster
We had a bit of a scare today in the house. I went to lay down for a nap and my wife came running into the room, she calmly asks where the fire extinguisher is, my reply is by the dryer where it always is WHY? Oh the outlet by the coffee maker is sparking. Awwww chit. I get up and start turning off breakers till it stops. She coated the kitchen in a nice layer of fire extinguisher dust. Anyway all is fine. The tile has some black on it and the breaker panel is very poorly marked lol.

Old 05-27-2015, 05:06 PM
ReBilld
Hotshot
That could have been bad Nick. Glad it wasn't.

Old 05-27-2015, 07:18 PM
tshrager
Lead Driver
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
We had a bit of a scare today in the house. I went to lay down for a nap and my wife came running into the room, she calmly asks where the fire extinguisher is, my reply is by the dryer where it always is WHY? Oh the outlet by the coffee maker is sparking. Awwww chit. I get up and start turning off breakers till it stops. She coated the kitchen in a nice layer of fire extinguisher dust. Anyway all is fine. The tile has some black on it and the breaker panel is very poorly marked lol.
There's always the main!

Glad you guys are all good, that could have been scary. How old is your house?

I still haven't put the cover on when I installed my new panel. I should probably take care of that!

Old 05-27-2015, 08:36 PM
MOOSE_MACHINE
Postmaster
Originally Posted by tshrager
There's always the main! Glad you guys are all good, that could have been scary. How old is your house? I still haven't put the cover on when I installed my new panel. I should probably take care of that!
the house was built in 1980. But the kitchen was completely gutted and renoed in 2001. All is well though. Except the mess but that's my wife's problem

Old 05-28-2015, 05:53 AM
DIYMechanic
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That could have been ugly, Nick. I'm glad nothing got out of hand. Any idea what happened?

Old 05-28-2015, 06:01 AM
MOOSE_MACHINE
Postmaster
Originally Posted by DIYMechanic
That could have been ugly, Nick. I'm glad nothing got out of hand. Any idea what happened?
yeah the 2 hot terminals started arching inside the receptacle. I'm glad I was home to shut the breaker off cause I don't think my wife would have thought about it. All in all it was a pretty crappy day yesterday. My a/c isn't fixed either. The I/c pipe is in the way of the high pressure line so will couldn't just swap it out. I guess they are going to deal with it friday. Hopefully it's easy from there.

Old 05-28-2015, 06:09 AM
DIYMechanic
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yeah the 2 hot terminals started arching inside the receptacle. I'm glad I was home to shut the breaker off cause I don't think my wife would have thought about it. All in all it was a pretty crappy day yesterday. My a/c isn't fixed either. The I/c pipe is in the way of the high pressure line so will couldn't just swap it out. I guess they are going to deal with it friday. Hopefully it's easy from there.
I had a dryer outlet do that one time. Smelled something hot and went down to the basement to investigate, I could see the glowing reflected off the back of the dryer and the white wall before I even got close. That's a scary moment, for sure.

You'll have to show the wife the main breaker and tell her that if there is ever anything wrong electrically in the house, that's the one to throw. One flip and it all goes out. I need to do the same thing at home and remind my wife as well. I don't know if she would think of it or not, if push came to shove.

Old 05-28-2015, 08:13 AM
MOOSE_MACHINE
Postmaster
That's a good idea nate. I'll have to do that

Quick Reply: the official OBS diesel off topic thread