1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

the official OBS diesel off topic thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 10:34 PM
fordman67
Hotshot
Received 398 Likes on 269 Posts
Shepherds cloaks use buttons...why...cause a sheep can hear a zipper a mile away lol

What happens in the hills stays in the hills.

Whew I'm wore out! Our baby turned two Friday.we had the birthday extravaganza blowout shingding today...that is a terrible thing to prep for when she won't even rember. .

Old 10-19-2014, 10:39 PM
ReBilld
Hotshot
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fordman67
Shepherds cloaks use buttons...why...cause a sheep can hear a zipper a mile away lol

Whew I'm wore out! Our baby turned two Friday.we had the birthday extravaganza blowout shingding today...that is a terrible thing to prep for when she won't even rember. .
Hard to believe she is 2 already!

Old 10-19-2014, 10:58 PM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Received 3,564 Likes on 1,425 Posts
Originally Posted by fordman67

Happy Birthday to your daughter. I have been to more then one birthday party for a young child that seemed more for the adults then the child. Congrats!

Old 10-19-2014, 11:07 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts
How is your sister today Bill?

Aaron's sweet pea is 2 TWO??? wow

Old 10-19-2014, 11:12 PM
ReBilld
Hotshot
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by oldbird1965
How is your sister today Bill?
Not too ba-ah-ah-ah-ah-ad

Old 10-19-2014, 11:32 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts
, a little sore huh?

Old 10-19-2014, 11:58 PM
stainlessstroker95
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aaron that just reminded me of the joke "What does a gay horse eat" lol. Yeah Tim i think they alot off kubota. The case dealer i got mine off of, sells kubota too. The sales man keept pushing one of them. I just like the fact that Case make larger tractors too so the smaller ones would be quality too. And they have a parts ware house a couple hours away from there shop so they can get parts fast. And probabaly the number one reason is my father in law runs them on his farm and i might get shuned if i got a different color. Ok maybe not shuned, just wouldn let me use his shop lol.

Old 10-20-2014, 06:37 AM
fordman67
Hotshot
Received 398 Likes on 269 Posts
Time has deffinetly flown by. It was a good party with family and just a couple friends.

Heeeeyyyyy !!!

Steeper than a horsses face lol

Red tractor for the win!! What brands are actually built in the states still?
That would be my big decision issue honestly.made IN the u.s.a.!!!

Old 10-20-2014, 07:56 AM
DIYMechanic
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ReBilld
Thanks guys. I'm pretty excited about getting it, but trying not to get my hopes up too much. I only have a little over 2 acres right now. What I'm trying to buy is another 5 acres. That will give me a little over 7 acres, and that's about all I want. Once I fill 7 acres up with OBS parts trucks I should have enough!
That would be a very nice addition to your place, Bill. Good for you for trying your darnedest to get it. That kind of chance doesn't come around all that often. Best of luck in getting it.

Originally Posted by MOOSE_MACHINE
Trust me. You don't want one this bad. I asked my mother in law and wife's friend for a threesome. So far I think that was the worst. But there is many other stories about last night that I can't remember
That's gonna make Thanksgiving dinner a bot awkward this year, lol.

It was a busy weekend here too. Rainy, wet and cool, but I got a good bit done. Nothing fun on my truck really, just used it to tow down a couple big trees for a guy and then haul home some of the firewood home (still a lot more left to haul, too). Got my clutch pretty good and hot on one of them. It was smelling pretty nasty by the time the timber fell, but the way the tree was leaning toward the guy's house I didn't want to let out of it. I need to get a big winch on the truck and do this kind of stuff that way.... All's well that ends well, I guess. The truck did its job and doesn't seem to be hurt for doing it.

Old 10-20-2014, 09:32 AM
El Camino Man
Logistics Pro
Your gonna have a hard time finding a tractor made in the US. I think all of them have a Japanese named engine...

On a side note, finally got home from camping yesterday from, what was supposed to be, a relaxing weekend. Never did get the electrical figured out. Its between the water heater and inverter. We ran the water heater and fridge off propane and ran an extension cord in for the heater. We made it through the weekend fine. As a cherry on top, I blew a tire on the camper, literally, right outside the house. And of course you cant JUST blow a tire. It bent the rim, wrinkled the siding on the camper, and wrapped some electrical wires around the axle. Yay me. Heck, it even bent a part of the frame. It even managed to hurt my toe! But that was from kicking it lol.

Im almost happy to be home

Old 10-20-2014, 10:09 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
Originally Posted by El Camino Man
Your gonna have a hard time finding a tractor made in the US. I think all of them have a Japanese named engine...

On a side note, finally got home from camping yesterday from, what was supposed to be, a relaxing weekend. Never did get the electrical figured out. Its between the water heater and inverter. We ran the water heater and fridge off propane and ran an extension cord in for the heater. We made it through the weekend fine. As a cherry on top, I blew a tire on the camper, literally, right outside the house. And of course you cant JUST blow a tire. It bent the rim, wrinkled the siding on the camper, and wrapped some electrical wires around the axle. Yay me. Heck, it even bent a part of the frame. It even managed to hurt my toe! But that was from kicking it lol.

Yeah JP, welcome to the "fun" world of towing a trailer and RV living!! LOL I love towing my trailer and using it for camping, but there is only a time or two out the dozens of trips that were trouble free. It seems like it is ALWAYS something. And the blown tire thing....that's normal. It always does some sort of damage. What boggles my mind is that these companies still have not done something to build protection to keep this form happening, because it happens all the time.

Old 10-20-2014, 10:59 AM
madMatador78
Postmaster
Went to Aaron's this weekend, trans is done! Hopefully will put it in and have it running this week. Would like to drive it a little before the snow flies. Even came home with some extra goodies:

Ambassador trans by tombombadom, on Flickr

The trans on the right is the Borg Warner M-12 that Aaron rebuilt, the one on the left is a TH 400 out of a Jeep, it has an AMC bell housing. Also got a tail gate for the white beast, the one on mine is beat up and this one was practically rust free. It was a great trip. Needless to say the Scoobie was squating just a bit

Heres some pics of the carnage, makes sense why it wasnt working:

We found a chart on google that tells metal temp by color, we estimate that this seperater got to between 500 and 600 degrees.

This clutch is spose to be flat:
Untitled by tombombadom, on Flickr

The "Best of" collection:

Together again:

Ill make sure to throw up a vid or somthing when I get it on the road, she's gonna be a sweet cruiser!

Old 10-20-2014, 11:04 AM
madMatador78
Postmaster
Originally Posted by El Camino Man

Originally Posted by BBslider001
Yeah JP, welcome to the "fun" world of towing a trailer and RV living!! LOL I love towing my trailer and using it for camping, but there is only a time or two out the dozens of trips that were trouble free. It seems like it is ALWAYS something. And the blown tire thing....that's normal. It always does some sort of damage. What boggles my mind is that these companies still have not done something to build protection to keep this form happening, because it happens all the time.
Man that sounds terrible JP. Glad you guys had fun other wise. Thankfully you were not far from your house. And by the way, nice truck! Glad I got to stop by for a little while.

I've been pretty fortunate in my trailer adventures to have never blown a tire.

Old 10-20-2014, 12:07 PM
MOOSE_MACHINE
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Well Nate. I live beside my in laws and were all pretty close (not that close though lol) but all is good. And I'm supposed to go out for dinner with Julie tonight soooo, I guess the comment about me wanting to eat her waffle was taken the way I meant it and not how it sounds lol. I'm definatly going to comment about that one though. That's just funny right there.

It doesn't take a whole lot of uh oh to create a lot of carnage with a travel trailer. I know I've been lucky. I still prefer a in the box camper. But I like camping in some pretty remote places. If I see someone else I'm not far enough in the bush. Unfortunately the trailer is a lot more convenient with the kids but I do think a lift is in order for it. The part that makes it hard is what you can't bring. I still have the camper for hunting trips plus it's fully insulated for winter. Then I can still take a trailer with all the fun stuff in it

Old 10-20-2014, 01:26 PM
El Camino Man
Logistics Pro
Youd think theyd make wheel wells out of a semi-thick steel plate. Then the rubber would just bounce off. But im not an engineer... Hey Alex! I know where you can put your degree to work at!

Got mad at my USB cord yesterday too and broke it (it was a pile anyways). So now I can upload some pics!

Although it was a rough weekend, it suuuure was Purdy. This pic doesn't do the leaves justice!

Heres the Carnage

Quick Reply: the official OBS diesel off topic thread