Maryland Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: BPofMD

Bud's New Car

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 07:39 PM
Blown284
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by firewood truck
you aren't just experiencing the typical poor customer service that VW dealerships are infamous for, you're getting the basic introduction for VW corporate policy for customer service which is basically " F-you, we got your money".

The pillar noise is a know issue along w/ some other bigger issues that VW doesn't want to officially recognize, VW is too busy blowing smoke up everyone's *** w/ their 'made in america' passat campaign. Check some of the VW forums, this isn't anything new, VW has been doing this since the early '80s when they built a U.S. spec'd golf in Westmorland, PA.

You should be VERY concerned about the raising rate of HPFP failures on the 2.0 TDi engines. There are accounts of customers being denied warranty repairs all over the country when those Bosch pumps fail, VW (corporate) is saying that the customers mis-fueled the vehicles ( putting gas in the tank instead of #2 diesel) even though they ( VW) are one a 5th revision of that fuel pump. It's getting close to a recall but for some reason they are only going after the Passat, the Golf and Jetta use the same components but they are not being addressed even though they are experiencing failures as well.

As far as Antwerpen VW goes, the place used to be called 'Wooten' VW, they were so notorious w/ shady business deals and **** poor customer service in the repair shop that they lost their franchise license. The only thing that changed was the name on the front of the building, the same managers were still there after it changed names.
Please don't scare me more than I already am with this new car LOL. I actually talked to my friend who is an attorney just in case I keep getting the run around. I know it seems very trivial and overboard for something minor but my philosophy is that if they are hiding and skirting something this minor... what are they hiding that might be major? I hope nothing but one never knows.

Monday we'll see how it goes. I'm hoping it will be a "Simple" fix and I'll get in and out in a jiffy. Never know but doesn't hurt to think positive.

Old 06-21-2012, 07:43 PM
dustybumpers
FTE Legend
They'll probably duct tape the doors shut with you in it. Won't make noise then!

On a serious note, I hope the best for you, and they get it resolved

Old 06-21-2012, 07:45 PM
Blown284
Senior User
Originally Posted by dustybumpers
They'll probably duct tape the doors shut with you in it. Won't make noise then!

On a serious note, I hope the best for you, and they get it resolved
Hey Bud! Are you back?

Yep, they might just duct tape me. The General Manager and Service Manager I'm sure hate me already since I've been in there quite a few times and they've flip flopped from "Yep, I hear the noise" to "No sir, you're the ONLY ONE who hears the noise". LOL.

Old 06-21-2012, 07:53 PM
dustybumpers
FTE Legend
Originally Posted by Blown284
Hey Bud! Are you back?

Yep, they might just duct tape me. The General Manager and Service Manager I'm sure hate me already since I've been in there quite a few times and they've flip flopped from "Yep, I hear the noise" to "No sir, you're the ONLY ONE who hears the noise". LOL.
I wish you luck. I went through that with an 03 f 350. Had the truck for a year and a half, it was back at the dealer 17 times, for a total of 101 days.

I finally took Ford to court, and made them buy the truck back ( I had paid cash for it)

I wound up loosing $6,500.

Also got barred from 2 Ford dealers for life..... But I plan to NEVER buy a new truck again.... ever, so that dosen't really bother me

Old 06-22-2012, 04:12 PM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,101 Likes on 1,001 Posts
Hey Bud! Are you back?

Just got back a few hours ago..... sill trying to catch up on mail, unloading the trailer etc. And WAY too many posts on here to "catch up" on!

Sounds like you are really getting the royal run around over there at the VW shop!! Good luck Monday.

Old 06-22-2012, 07:16 PM
firewood truck
Senior User
Please don't scare me more than I already am with this new car LOL. I actually talked to my friend who is an attorney just in case I keep getting the run around. I know it seems very trivial and overboard for something minor but my philosophy is that if they are hiding and skirting something this minor... what are they hiding that might be major? I hope nothing but one never knows.

Monday we'll see how it goes. I'm hoping it will be a "Simple" fix and I'll get in and out in a jiffy. Never know but doesn't hurt to think positive.
Sorry, I wasn't trying to scare ya! I leased a 2012 TDi Golf in February, as of last weekend I no longer have the car. In 4 months, the drivers seat cover started to separate at the seams, VW gave me the royal run around about fixing it under warranty. I took the car in for the 'courtesy' 3000 mile check up in which they were supposed to change the oil and some other things. They had the car for 2 days claiming that they were just backed up, I didn't believe them so I went over there and just walked into the service area. I saw my car in a bay with the hood up so I go over and I can see where the had the engine cover off along with the fuel pump.

I asked the tech what was going on, he tells me that he ( the tech) was told to check the pump for metal shavings, when he pulled the pump they found some small shavings inside. I asked the tech what caused it and he told me that the car was mis-fueled. I informed him that it was my car and that it had NEVER been misfueled, I had receipts to prove it. I was asked to leave the shop, so I go up to the customer service area and want some answers. I was not given an explanation about why they would even look inside of the pump when the car only had 4k on it and it was just getting an oil change.

The next day when I picked up the car I didn't see any indication on the repair order that an inspection was performed or that metal savings were found. I was never given an explanation about what they were going to do about it either, so I drove it from heritage vw and went and looked at a few cars at other dealerships, I settled on a new Mazda 3i Touring sedan. I took a $2300 loss on the whole deal but I really didn't care, the money lost was better than putting up w/ more BS from volkswagen.

I honestly hope that they fix your car without any grief and that it provides you w/plenty of good service, just be prepared for battle if you ever need any kind of warranty work done.

Old 11-11-2012, 09:49 PM
DSLPWRD
Posting Guru
Hey Bud. So I finally broke and got a new Jetta TDI. Thought seriously about getting the new Passat, but I got a great deal on this one. The VW revolution continues!

Attached Images  
Old 11-12-2012, 08:51 AM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,101 Likes on 1,001 Posts
Congrats Andrew!!!! Looks like a 3/4 scale of the Passat!

Old 11-12-2012, 07:45 PM
DSLPWRD
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by BPofMD
Congrats Andrew!!!! Looks like a 3/4 scale of the Passat!
Thanks and yea, that is about right. I seriously wanted the Passat, but the wife liked the Jetta better. Easier to bebop through traffic.

This thing is so much faster than my 2004. Hard to keep it under the speed limit. I got up to 44.7 MPG riding around today. Makes me want to go on a long trip to see how it is going to do. Made a few more pics today.

Attached Images