Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Old Green Ford Project

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 01:53 PM
blue924.9
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey not to high jack the thread but how does your power lumbar support work? mine inflates but the only reason it deflates is a slow leak, is this normal or is something broke?

Old 04-04-2013, 02:08 PM
Intimnasc
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bob Gervais
Looking good!

Thanks for sharing the throttle body idea. I bypassed that feature on mine because the tubes are leaking. Never thought of pipe tapping them!
If you do use a drill press and a vice made to hold it steady. You only have about .100 tolerance all the way around leaving about .050 when finished. That's plenty for what we are doing but a small mistake would make the water jackets useless or at the worst ruin the throttle body. I repair CNC machines for a living so all the necessary equipment is in my repair shop at work.

Originally Posted by dixie460
Hell that truck's comin along nice. Good choice on the seats, and I like the covers too. I was thinking of doing my headliner (old one was nasty) that way but it wouldn't really match anything. I'd come by with a case of beer but I'm "just a bit" further south of you.

What did that rear bumper run you? I was thinking of replacing mine with one that I could flush-mount some floodlights into. Sucks when you need to reverse down a narrow trail with swamp on either side and you can't see cause the factory reverse light fail miserably...
They make that same bumper with lights in it for a little more. Mine was 500 bucks with the 2" receiver that bolts to the hitch box. That thing is a BEAST so have 3-4 friends with you when you do it and it comes with all brand new grade 8 bolts. You can't live that far south I SCUBA dive the Texas Clipper out of South Padre and the Flower Gardens out of Galveston.

Originally Posted by blue924.9
hey not to high jack the thread but how does your power lumbar support work? mine inflates but the only reason it deflates is a slow leak, is this normal or is something broke?
I never hooked up the lumbar in those seats since the wiring was not present in my truck and the wiring is routed under the carpet/vinyl. I plan on redoing the carpet and relocating my amp under the console next year and that's when I'll hook up the seats and have them reupholstered. I believe they are supposed to hold pressure till you relieve it but not sure. I am going to build a hidden compartment under my console and raise the console about 4" or so to mount the amp under it. The console is too low as it sits anyways.

Old 04-04-2013, 02:31 PM
BiGGreen350
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...frameswap.html

mine is the same color but a 97 350,
yours turned out pretty sharp, would look better with some bigger suspension and up a little higher
i love the look of extended cab in this body style, hope to build one someday.
anyways put a link of my build thread truck is recently finished as of a couple weeks check it out ya might like it
good choice with going to the v8 too

Old 04-04-2013, 04:36 PM
Bob Gervais
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Intimnasc
If you do use a drill press and a vice made to hold it steady. You only have about .100 tolerance all the way around leaving about .050 when finished. That's plenty for what we are doing but a small mistake would make the water jackets useless or at the worst ruin the throttle body. I repair CNC machines for a living so all the necessary equipment is in my repair shop at work.

I've got a nice old manual Bridgeport in my shop at work, oughta do the job nicely! Thanks for the tips.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:30 PM
Intimnasc
Senior User
Originally Posted by BiGGreen350
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...frameswap.html

mine is the same color but a 97 350,
yours turned out pretty sharp, would look better with some bigger suspension and up a little higher
i love the look of extended cab in this body style, hope to build one someday.
anyways put a link of my build thread truck is recently finished as of a couple weeks check it out ya might like it
good choice with going to the v8 too

I'm not a big lift kinda guy. I like the tires to fill the wheel wells and I'd prefer it to sit level but don't want to mess with the ride a lot as its pretty smooth the way it is. I'd like to get a 4 wheel drive someday and do all the lifts and all to it.

Old 04-09-2013, 02:50 PM
Intimnasc
Senior User
My heads got here today, WOOT. I am pulling the 4.9 out Saturday and starting on the truck engine bay. I'll get the new motor finished out next week and probably drop her in in a couple of weeks.

Nicely boxed but surprised being aluminum they didn't have any packing on them.

Man they look sharp I can't wait to bolt em on and get my custom tune.

They also saved me a ton over the Ford Racing Heads. These came with guide plates and studs already mounted and with the Summit price march guarantee they cost me 865.

Old 04-21-2013, 02:05 PM
Intimnasc
Senior User
Well I got the engine bay cleaned out after 6 cans of Easy Off oven cleaner and 2 wire brushes and covered head to toe in grease for 2 days. I can't believe how much crap accumulates in 20 years, I clean my engine bay regularly. Painted inside the engine bay and am almost done putting the wiring harness back in. I plan on putting the motor back together in a few days and if the world turns perfectly maybe start dropping it in this weekend. I have all new tie rod ends, a new power steering gear box, and a piman arm coming this week. All are Moog except for the gear box obviously.

Old 04-21-2013, 03:09 PM
Country705
Elder User
You are a inspiration to me. I have a 1994 F150 supercab 4x4 that I would love to do this to.
I will deffinately be keeping up with your progress!

Old 05-05-2013, 03:04 PM
Intimnasc
Senior User
OK ite been a while again and there is only a little progress. I started putting the motor together and found the E-Street heads will not work with a roller cam. The valves and springs will not handle the ramp rates so they are in the mail back to Summit and the new heads are on order. Below is a few shots of where I am at on the block. Still working on the transmission to engine bay wiring harnesss so any wiring gurus out there please give me a PM.

Actually the delay was welcomed the old lady was on my rear for the yard and getting the garden planted. It also has allowed me to get ahead of the curve on the money again (the truck was starting to win).

Old 05-05-2013, 03:17 PM
Sapphire Blue_95
Senior User
Just found this thread and I really like what all your doing with it!

Old 05-06-2013, 04:36 AM
Intimnasc
Senior User
Originally Posted by Sapphire Blue_95
Just found this thread and I really like what all your doing with it!

And I thank you sir.

Old 06-20-2013, 05:43 AM
Intimnasc
Senior User
Motor is in and running quite well. Cleared all the trouble codes and got all the wiring straightened out. I'm scheduled to put it on the Dyno the first week in July and have my custom tune wrote. Heres the pictures for anyone still interested.

I know I still need to do some looming and straightening but everything is there and I did the Smog delete with the Ford Racing delete pulley.

And I have to pay a little respect to the old six, she did what was needed and I'm finding a new home for her.

Old 06-20-2013, 08:22 PM
Bob Gervais
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Which heads did you end up going with?

Old 06-21-2013, 02:01 AM
TexasGuy001
Hotshot
Received 205 Likes on 165 Posts
The new paint looks great. What color green is it?

Old 06-21-2013, 05:33 AM
Intimnasc
Senior User
Originally Posted by Bob Gervais
Which heads did you end up going with?
I believe they were the Edelbrock 60225. There was 2 sets in that range to choose from the other had really big intake valves and I just really didn't need that.

Originally Posted by TexasGuy001
The new paint looks great. What color green is it?
The truck is painted in PPg paint and the green is a dark emerald green metallic I believe.

I put the exhaust on today and that reall got her quieted down. Been running around the neighborhood with the shortes, Y pipe and 3" cat. Now I have my Gibson 3" exhaust to the muffler then it splits to two 21/2" pipes out the rear. Ill get pics of that soon and maybe a sound clip.

Quick Reply: The Old Green Ford Project