Originally Posted by 67nukeford
Baja, got a link to it?
here ya go

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...home-made.html

Old 09-11-2015, 03:50 PM
bajafishnut
Cargo Master
Received 43 Likes on 25 Posts
Thttps://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1389504-hood-lock-home-made.html?highlight=hood+lock+home+made

this might be the same as above..

Being simple, and living without expectations, (at least not grand ones), I just went to the search window at the top of the page, and typed in Hood Lock, Home Made... and clicked on search.. wallah! or Viola, however you spell it.... good luck, and I bet you can build it in an hour, and the time to make a trip to WalMart for the lock..

Baja

Old 09-22-2015, 08:05 AM
TeachNlive4ever
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Good day Mr. Silver,
I'm going to build one of your derusting contraptions. A little more heavy duty, I'll take pics as I go.
My question is this, I have plans to drop the spindles in, but I dont believe I've seen or read where you did that. Will the molecular spliting derusting process damage the spindle, where the bearings and rotor attach?

Old 09-22-2015, 09:01 AM
HIO Silver
Post Fiend
Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts
Spindles dwere derusted using the process and treated with POR.

The process only removes rust. Clean steel is unaffected.

Old 09-22-2015, 01:01 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 222 Likes on 181 Posts
Originally Posted by TeachNlive4ever
Good day Mr. Silver,
I'm going to build one of your derusting contraptions. A little more heavy duty, I'll take pics as I go.
My question is this, I have plans to drop the spindles in, but I dont believe I've seen or read where you did that. Will the molecular spliting derusting process damage the spindle, where the bearings and rotor attach?
Originally Posted by HIO Silver
Spindles dwere derusted using the process and treated with POR.

The process only removes rust. Clean steel is unaffected.
I'm glad he asked about this, I've been thinking about doing my spindles also!

Old 09-24-2015, 07:35 AM
TeachNlive4ever
Cargo Master

1 sheet of 4x8 OSB

1-5/8" screws hold the OSB to the carcus<br/> 10 mill poly, 16 #3 stirups and the #5 rebar will suspend the parts.<br/> Just parts I picked up off my job site.

#8 3" screws hold the carcus togrther

Old 09-25-2015, 02:32 AM
GaryKip
Logistics Pro
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Wow teach, that ought to be strong enough to dip both heads at once. But I understand, you have to use what you have. Or can get.

Old 09-25-2015, 08:44 AM
bajafishnut
Cargo Master
Received 43 Likes on 25 Posts
Over the TOP amigo... We are in Granbury now, and I would love to see your construction sometime. I am really busy for a few more days, but will free up Mon. 5 Oct... most chores done by then...

Baja

Old 09-25-2015, 09:27 AM
blue04.5
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks like concrete forms other than the osb, and you could use that if you line it with plastic makes the concrete look like glass. Nice dunk tank.

Good morning HIO. I hope all is right with you on this fine Friday.

Old 10-09-2015, 09:34 AM
Aaron-71
Logistics Pro
Question(s) for you HIO...

1) How difficult was the E-street EFI to set up?
2) How well does it work?

I'm considering it for my 351W build because I want my engine to be completely "turn-key". It's not that I don't like working on carbs, I just don't think I'll always have time for it (but I always want to be able to drive my ride!).

Old 10-09-2015, 10:31 AM
HIO Silver
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Aaron-71
Question(s) for you HIO...

1) How difficult was the E-street EFI to set up?
2) How well does it work?

I'm considering it for my 351W build because I want my engine to be completely "turn-key". It's not that I don't like working on carbs, I just don't think I'll always have time for it (but I always want to be able to drive my ride!).

1. Super easy. The only issue I had was the Bluetooth addresses weren't paired and all that needed to be done was to program the correct numbers. Otherwise, plug and play!

Just a note on the throttle body, the fuel system is set up for a GM where the fuel inlet and fuel line from the tank is on the passenger side. You can swap positions since Ford's fuel line is on the driver side.

2. Runs great. I just cycle the ignition twice to prime the fuel pressure and she roars life.... cold start, driveability, and restarts are excellent. Combined with the five-speed the LBB is up to 18 mpg.

Old 10-09-2015, 04:30 PM
Aaron-71
Logistics Pro
1. Super easy. The only issue I had was the Bluetooth addresses weren't paired and all that needed to be done was to program the correct numbers. Otherwise, plug and play!

Just a note on the throttle body, the fuel system is set up for a GM where the fuel inlet and fuel line from the tank is on the passenger side. You can swap positions since Ford's fuel line is on the driver side.

2. Runs great. I just cycle the ignition twice to prime the fuel pressure and she roars life.... cold start, driveability, and restarts are excellent. Combined with the five-speed the LBB is up to 18 mpg.
That's fantastic news. 18 mpg is fairly high on these old rigs.

I've seen some comments on the tablet having poor battery life or not working correctly. Any comments on that?

Also, do you have any comments on the whole tech-side of things? Possibly a software update or something of that nature that caused you to have any down-time with your EFI system?

I'm just thinking back to Windows XP... it was the greatest system ever... until Microsoft stopped all support/tech systems for it. Wondering if this E-Street EFI will be the same way (long or short term solution?)

Old 10-09-2015, 04:54 PM
TeachNlive4ever
Cargo Master
Speak clearly into the micro-phone with your comments please. You may continue... LOL

Old 10-09-2015, 05:08 PM
HIO Silver
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Aaron-71
That's fantastic news. 18 mpg is fairly high on these old rigs.

I've seen some comments on the tablet having poor battery life or not working correctly. Any comments on that?

Also, do you have any comments on the whole tech-side of things? Possibly a software update or something of that nature that caused you to have any down-time with your EFI system?

I'm just thinking back to Windows XP... it was the greatest system ever... until Microsoft stopped all support/tech systems for it. Wondering if this E-Street EFI will be the same way (long or short term solution?)
On an FE, anything better than 15 mpg is fantastic in my book.

Edelbrock's site provides for software updates. The tablet comes with cables and you just hook up, log in, and click away.

Yeah, the tablet's battery life could be better but the system comes with a cigarette... erra.. "power port" plug plus a suction cup bracket for the windshield. While the tablet is a neat interface, it is not required while operating the vehicle although it does provide useful information such as RPM, battery voltage, fan on/off indicators, and coolant temperature. The ECU does not rely on the tablet...the tablet is simply the interface to the ECU. Just like your computer monitor and the CPU... Any changes changes you would like to customize like the fan on/off temps goes through the tablet..... The tablet also 'saves" your money because of money you don't have to spend for gauges. The only additional gauge you would need is for oil pressure. That's it.

I chose the Edelbrock system because they're unlikely to go out of business or be taken over like Holley just did with MSD. They're website is cool and current as is their tech support in terms of reliability and accessibility. I have met Vic and Cammie Edelbrock (Coronado Speedfest) and their name is their brand and heritage and believe they are, and will continue to be, a stalwart of the automotive aftermarket.

Old 10-09-2015, 05:32 PM
Aaron-71
Logistics Pro
On an FE, anything better than 15 mpg is fantastic in my book.

Edelbrock's site provides for software updates. The tablet comes with cables and you just hook up, log in, and click away.

Yeah, the tablet's battery life could be better but the system comes with a cigarette... erra.. "power port" plug plus a suction cup bracket for the windshield. While the tablet is a neat interface, it is not required while operating the vehicle although it does provide useful information such as RPM, battery voltage, fan on/off indicators, and coolant temperature. The ECU does not rely on the tablet...the tablet is simply the interface to the ECU. Just like your computer monitor and the CPU... Any changes changes you would like to customize like the fan on/off temps goes through the tablet..... The tablet also 'saves" your money because of money you don't have to spend for gauges. The only additional gauge you would need is for oil pressure. That's it.

I chose the Edelbrock system because they're unlikely to go out of business or be taken over like Holley just did with MSD. They're website is cool and current as is their tech support in terms of reliability and accessibility. I have met Vic and Cammie Edelbrock (Coronado Speedfest) and their name is their brand and heritage and believe they are, and will continue to be, a stalwart of the automotive aftermarket.
Great info, as always, HIO.

Quick Reply: HIO Silver's Lo-Buck Bumpside Build