1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

How Far????

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 07:52 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Yes, let's hear the Powerless Dave story.

Old 06-22-2012, 02:31 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Just checking in while I have Wi-Fi. In Dawson creek BC right now. Headed down through Jasper and Banff Nat parks. Probably won't check in again until I make it back across the border.

Old 06-22-2012, 02:48 PM
Truxx1956
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Good to hear from ya dude. Sounds like we missed a mess in PF but they've got it straightened out and are having a ball without us in Townsend. Post some more pics when you can. We all miss ya

Old 06-22-2012, 03:47 PM
BACAGrizz
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Where "Powerless Dave" came from.

OK. A little light reading until Jeff gets back across the border.

Back in 1983 I had a problem with drugs and alcohol and so I joined a 12 step group and there were several guys named Dave so, there was Harley Dave, Navy Dave, Dancing Dave, Crazy Dave, Just Plain Old Dave and me.

I didn't like introducing myself as an addict or alcoholic and so I introduced myself at meetings as being 'powerless over addiction'. One day a friend of mine was talking to someone else and mentioned Dave. The other guy said which Dave. Jim replied; "You know, Powerless Dave." It stuck.

For a while in Anchorage, so sponsees had no excuse for not calling me, I had a second listing in the phone book under Dave Powerless so it showed up in the book as Powerless Dave. A couple times I had people call me and ask if my last name was really Powerless.

No big surprise or scandal. No real interesting story. April 15th of 2012 I celebrated 29 years drug and alcohol free.

Old 06-22-2012, 04:25 PM
topmoo
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BACAGrizz
OK. A little light reading until Jeff gets back across the border.

Back in 1983 I had a problem with drugs and alcohol and so I joined a 12 step group and there were several guys named Dave so, there was Harley Dave, Navy Dave, Dancing Dave, Crazy Dave, Just Plain Old Dave and me.

I didn't like introducing myself as an addict or alcoholic and so I introduced myself at meetings as being 'powerless over addiction'. One day a friend of mine was talking to someone else and mentioned Dave. The other guy said which Dave. Jim replied; "You know, Powerless Dave." It stuck.

For a while in Anchorage, so sponsees had no excuse for not calling me, I had a second listing in the phone book under Dave Powerless so it showed up in the book as Powerless Dave. A couple times I had people call me and ask if my last name was really Powerless.

No big surprise or scandal. No real interesting story. April 15th of 2012 I celebrated 29 years drug and alcohol free.

More power to you! Congratulations! My wife just hit 8 years sober.

Old 06-22-2012, 08:28 PM
tinman52
Welder User

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts
Jeff, if you come down through Glacier Park/NW Montana, send me a PM....
Would like to meet up with ya!

Old 06-22-2012, 10:12 PM
Holehawgg
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As I said before, you're going right thru my backyard by the sounds of it. We live just an hour south of the US border With 3 different crossings all within an hour of Lethbridge. If your coming thru Lethbridge send me a PM and as long as I'm in the country I would be glad to meet up with you. From here its only about 3 hours on good roads to West Glacier where Tinman52 is at. Heading down that way myself on the 29th to Kalispell for the weekend.

Old 06-25-2012, 09:39 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by Holehawgg
As I said before, you're going right thru my backyard by the sounds of it. We live just an hour south of the US border With 3 different crossings all within an hour of Lethbridge. If your coming thru Lethbridge send me a PM and as long as I'm in the country I would be glad to meet up with you. From here its only about 3 hours on good roads to West Glacier where Tinman52 is at. Heading down that way myself on the 29th to Kalispell for the weekend.
Sorry, I crossed the border in Roosville this afternoon. Right now set up in a campground outside of Eureka, MT. Plan is to head down towards Glacier Nat. Park tomorrow and check it out for a few days. From there it is on to Yellowstone for a week or so and then Teton.... and who knows where else.
I'll be on the east side of Glacier in a day or two, so let me know if there's a chance we can meet somewhere. If the temps at home keep climbing, I might have to head back north for another month or two. Been sorta nice wearing a long sleeved shirt into the third week of June.

Old 06-25-2012, 10:15 PM
carnut122
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
Sorry, I crossed the border in Roosville this afternoon. Right now set up in a campground outside of Eureka, MT. Plan is to head down towards Glacier Nat. Park tomorrow and check it out for a few days. From there it is on to Yellowstone for a week or so and then Teton.... and who knows where else.
I'll be on the east side of Glacier in a day or two, so let me know if there's a chance we can meet somewhere. If the temps at home keep climbing, I might have to head back north for another month or two. Been sorta nice wearing a long sleeved shirt into the third week of June.
I sure wish you'd post some pictures! I'm still living vicariously through your trip, but I need some visuals. I just finished remodeling the master bedroom and now I'm deep into the dining room and kitchen. Somehow, I'd rather be where you're at. How was Banff (sp?).

Old 06-25-2012, 11:53 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by carnut122
I sure wish you'd post some pictures! I'm still living vicariously through your trip, but I need some visuals. I just finished remodeling the master bedroom and now I'm deep into the dining room and kitchen. Somehow, I'd rather be where you're at. How was Banff (sp?).
Banff, Jasper and kootenay Nat Parks are really beautiful places. Pics are coming, but they might wait until I get back home. My phone is too slow to load all of them and I have a dislike for commercial rv parks, so Wi-Fi ain't happening either.

Old 06-26-2012, 08:55 AM
homade
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jeff, when are you returning to the states, Garry

Old 06-26-2012, 09:31 AM
tinman52
Welder User

Originally Posted by homade
Jeff, when are you returning to the states, Garry
Believe it or not, Montana IS a state, LOL Jeff is in my area, hope to meet up with him in the next couple days.

Old 06-26-2012, 09:52 AM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another good man to meet with is MTFlat. Tim lives in Kelispell

Old 06-26-2012, 03:29 PM
gsato55
Senior User
Sounds like you're having the time of your life. Don't fret, she'll make it.

Glenn

F100

Old 06-27-2012, 08:32 PM
tinman52
Welder User

My son and I met up with Jeff this morning in a nearby town he was passing through...
I called up Tim (Mtflat) and he joined us for a while also. Great to get together with other FTE folks! Jeff had lots of good stories of his journey and we got to check out his truck and camper.....really makes me want a camper of my own.

I dream of taking a trip like this someday!

Here's a couple pics.....Tim had a meeting to get to, the big ugly dude on the left is me

Quick Reply: How Far????