2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CelticDevilDog's 05 F150 Build thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 08:53 PM
Coskid
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bobbie, I know you have a buckstop bumper coming did they do it in the tan color or will it be black? If black what do you plan to do about the lower trim section on the truck?

Old 03-28-2012, 08:54 PM
Coskid
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Gundown64
Alrighty, thanks guys. Seems I missed it by one trim level.

You should get yours color matched to the lower trim color with Line-X or just paint them yourself with some black trim paint from Advance like I did to mine.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:48 PM
CelticDevilDog
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It will be black. I'm going to either linex the tan panels or maybe plastidip them but the tan will be going away.

Old 03-28-2012, 10:19 PM
Coskid
Postmaster
Line X looks real smooth along the bottom of these trucks I will dig up a picture I have of another white truck like yours that has many of the same mods for you.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:35 AM
DieselBeast01
Posting Guru
I've thought about doing away with all of my tan panels, but I think it would look even cooler if I got some ranchhand style bumpers painted to match them.

Old 03-29-2012, 08:13 AM
Coskid
Postmaster
I am not a fan of the Ranchhand Bumpers but that is my taste. I think the buckstop she ordered could of been done in a tan color but the black looks so smooth.

Old 03-29-2012, 08:24 AM
Coskid
Postmaster
Found the truck I was looking for. I have a before and after shot of his truck with the mods he did. Similar bumper and painted the lower trim.

Old 03-29-2012, 11:01 AM
Gundown64
Senior User
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MCDavis
King Ranch only wheels. 18".
FYI Explorer is 5 lug.
Ah, I see. Like I said, I'm not sure I've even seen those before. Maybe I have, they just don't look familiar, lol.
I figured there might be a lug difference as well so that makes sense.

Originally Posted by Coskid
You should get yours color matched to the lower trim color with Line-X or just paint them yourself with some black trim paint from Advance like I did to mine.
I wanted to get them Line-X but they wanted like $300+ to do four little fenders. I was like I don't think so especially considering they wanted $400 for the bed. Not sure how it was only $100 cheaper considering the area that needs to be done.

I've painted them myself before, but they are already looking bad again. I would paint them again myself, but if I did I would want them matched to the bottom trim and I doubt I could find spray paint in that color. Because of that, I've thought of getting some collision repair or similar store to do them as they do repainting all the time.

Old 03-29-2012, 11:46 AM
MCDavis
Hotshot
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Gundown64
I wanted to get them Line-X but they wanted like $300+ to do four little fenders. I was like I don't think so especially considering they wanted $400 for the bed. Not sure how it was only $100 cheaper considering the area that needs to be done.
It's all about prep. Honestly, it's probably easier for them to mask off the area around the bed, etc than it is the fenders.

Old 03-29-2012, 11:55 AM
Gundown64
Senior User
Originally Posted by MCDavis
It's all about prep. Honestly, it's probably easier for them to mask off the area around the bed, etc than it is the fenders.
That was with them taken off and me just handing them the fenders.

Found out a lot of good info on how to do it myself from this thread:
http://www.f150online.com/forums/app...ruck-pics.html
Already found the exact paint I need so I am going to pick some up and do it myself when I get time.

Old 03-29-2012, 12:47 PM
Coskid
Postmaster
Yeah I can't imagine putting lineX on flares being much more the $100-$150 if you are taking the flares off and bringing them in by themselves. Have you called back to ask again and make sure they understood you would be removing the flares and bringing them in only?

Old 03-29-2012, 01:15 PM
Gundown64
Senior User
Yeah I can't imagine putting lineX on flares being much more the $100-$150 if you are taking the flares off and bringing them in by themselves. Have you called back to ask again and make sure they understood you would be removing the flares and bringing them in only?
Yea, I thought maybe $150 at the most. But no, I haven't fooled with them. Here's the deal. The guys who run the Line-X here do a great job, only problem is they are WAY overpriced! For example, before I got my rims and tires put on, I got a quote from them because I like their work. They wanted like $250 for the leveling kit alone because they claimed they were a pain and took all day. They wanted another hundred or so for mounting the rims and tires and they did not even balance there. They were going to send me to a BigO tire down the road which would cost me about $60 they said. I thought that sounded kind of ridiculous so I got some more quotes and found a shop that was really good and they did everything for right around $200. That included the leveling kit, which they completed in under an hour, and mount and balance of the rims and tires. So basically I saved like $250 by going somewhere else.

To make a long story short, they do excellent work, but they are way overpriced compared to other places. Only problem is nobody else does Line-X around here so if I did want Line-X, they are my only option. I think I am just going to paint them myself like i said in my post above this. Looks like I can get it done for less than $50.

Old 03-29-2012, 07:55 PM
CelticDevilDog
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by DieselBeast01
I've thought about doing away with all of my tan panels, but I think it would look even cooler if I got some ranchhand style bumpers painted to match them.
I am just not a fan of the tan color.

I am not a fan of the Ranchhand Bumpers but that is my taste. I think the buckstop she ordered could of been done in a tan color but the black looks so smooth.
The buckstop would come in the tan they call it sahara or something like that.

Found the truck I was looking for. I have a before and after shot of his truck with the mods he did. Similar bumper and painted the lower trim.

Now THIS is what I'm talking about. I'm going to get really close to this when I'm done. Maybe even better.

Old 03-29-2012, 08:43 PM
Coskid
Postmaster
Yeah i do like this truck he has bushwacker flares, the front bumper, I think its a pro comp 6" lift with mud grapplers. he did a nice job on his truck.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:13 PM
CelticDevilDog
Posting Guru
So I got a good bit of news for my truck today. We had a magnaflow cat-back exhaust put on it just before Christmas and it was already starting to rust. So my husband took it back to the shop that installed it basically asking WTF and they we're shocked to see the state it was in. They are going to stand behind the work and call up magnaflow for replacement parts. It should be stainless steel and certainly should not have rusted as quick as it did. So I won't have to rip it out and replace it down the road!! Yay!!

Quick Reply: CelticDevilDog's 05 F150 Build thread