Georgia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: ChiefM SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to March Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 10:26 AM
Grubbworm
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by koolchange
Yep a little. It was a Father/Son project so we did what little we know how to do. Remove rust not too bad most of it topical. The worst was inside the cab where a hole was in the floorpan behind the seat (old slider window leaked for years). I taught the 16 year old fun with fiberglass to patch. Rattle can sprayed the rest of the floor pan with bed liner. Changed the interior color from Yeller to rattle can white. Replaced rear slider window & Front Glass. Recovered bench seat with upholstery kit from LMC. Removed 10,000 pound Tailgate and bought a flimsy aftermarket. New Rancho Shocks, New Firestone 16.5 rubber. New stock manifolds, stainless to Magnaflows and tipped. Chrome Radiator Shroud. Shelby Blue on topside down to styleside molding and Ford Hi Performance White below.

That's not all, but I see everyone's eyes glazing with boredom.
You should post some pictures in your garage. Or get a photobucket account and post some pictures here.

Old 03-09-2012, 11:04 AM
koolchange
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep I have a few pix of when we were doing the project. I found this site after we did all of this. I will get my boy to post some up after he figures out how.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:44 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Having a good weekend? Let's watch some NASCAR!

Old 03-11-2012, 11:16 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Still cold and overcast in Kosovo, went to the gym worked out. Race will not be on here to 8pm. Probably won't see the whole race.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:23 AM
koolchange
Senior User
Tony Wins

So Chief, perhaps this will make you feel a little better about the race. I TIVO the races so I can skip commercials, and do things like change the oil on the Dentside, cut the grass, admire my Peach Tree's in full bloom. I had not moved the race to the top of the Que, and I ended up with 5 hours of Pawn Stars.

Tony wins (the first of many this year) and all I have to show for it is 5 hours of Chumley with that permanent Stupid look on his face.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:49 AM
Grubbworm
Cargo Master
5 hours of Chumley .

Way to go Chumlee!!!

Old 03-12-2012, 12:31 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
I had not moved the race to the top of the Que, and I ended up with 5 hours of Pawn Stars.

Tony wins (the first of many this year) and all I have to show for it is 5 hours of Chumley with that permanent Stupid look on his face.
AFN tries to please everyone but none of the shows I really like. American restoration, chop, cut, rebuild, Search and restore. I like storage wars too.

My roommate saw me watching Pawn Stars on the internet the other night. He also hates Chumley and says there is no way he is that dumb in real life.

After Desert Storm I said I would never complain about mowing the grass again and I haven't. I miss the nice weather you are having there in Georgia. It has snowed up to our arm pits here. Had flurries this morning.

I did end up staying up for the entire race. I root for JR, National Guard Car!!!! I got to drive the show car one time in Atlanta, OMG that thing is BADD!!

Old 03-12-2012, 12:47 PM
koolchange
Senior User
Fantastic, I am glad you got the chance to see the race. You sound like my Step Son, after his 2nd tour he lost all desire to go to the beach or ever to see another grain of sand. Now he just came home from AFG and he is not thrilled about Mountains either.

10/4 on the Jr Fan. I was a Senior Fan, but just can't get behind Little E. I am a HUGE fan of the National Guard though.

I hear you on the Snow. I meet my Snow Quotient when I visit our warehouses in MN. Not bad at all this year though.

Chief, I rest sound at night due to Commitment of you and the Men & Women that are with you. Please extend my thanks to them.

Old 03-13-2012, 07:23 AM
Grubbworm
Cargo Master
I hope everyone is having a Terrific Tuesday.

Old 03-13-2012, 07:39 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
I love the beach, Thats where I proposed to my wife and where we went on our honeymoon. It's the first trip in the winnebago , after I get it fixed up.

The mountins did not bother me in AFG, I am an Warrant Officer and run a motorpool. I did not have to walk them.

No thanks needed, I really love my job, well other than being away from home.

Old 03-13-2012, 08:17 AM
koolchange
Senior User
Great Tuesday so far, even with the rain coming sideways. Lake Lanier is filling up. I see hooked fish in the future. I am just Psychic that way

Old 03-13-2012, 08:33 AM
Grubbworm
Cargo Master
Great Tuesday so far, even with the rain coming sideways. Lake Lanier is filling up. I see hooked fish in the future. I am just Psychic that way
We are in the planning stages of camping and trout fishing around the fourth of July. Not sure yet where we will go, maybe Bear Creek (Ellijay). We will possibly be taking one or more of the grand-kids. Our camping/fishing friends are also going and will probably bring some of their grand-kids also. If you (or anyone else) might be interested, just let me know and I will get back to you with more information (when I have some).

Old 03-13-2012, 09:12 AM
koolchange
Senior User
Sounds like a good time. We do a big Birthday party every year for my Mother (75 this year) & my son (17 this year). May not be able to do the entire event, but once you nail it down perhaps meet you fine folks & say hi.

Old 03-13-2012, 09:22 AM
Grubbworm
Cargo Master
Sounds like a good time. We do a big Birthday party every year for my Mother (75 this year) & my son (17 this year). May not be able to do the entire event, but once you nail it down perhaps meet you fine folks & say hi.
Sure, I'll pass the location and such along once we nail it down. My daughters birthday is on the fourth of July as well, and our anniversary is on the fifth.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:19 AM
koolchange
Senior User
Yep. Mom always says that the entire Nation Celebrates.

Quick Reply: Welcome to March Chat Thread