Australia Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: ChunderDownUnder

Riffraff's Coming to AUS

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 04:49 AM
SSSimon
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can supervise someone putting up-pipes in their vehicle, tell them how to remove the RH inner guard, reach the manifold bolt with a 10mm socket on 2 extension arms, and use of a ratchet spanner. How to lye across the engine and wrestle the baby's butt onto the back of the turbo whilst getting the pin to align with the hole in the turbo outlet and at the same time tightening the bolt on the clampy thingy which you're also holding tight.
Yes, hours of fun and laughter to be had with up-pipes!

I would like someone to supervise me greasing up the front hub bearings though, so I'm sure I can provide plenty of laughs there while someone explains to me what I should be doing as things turn to custard doing that!

Old 02-21-2012, 05:06 AM
ChunderDownUnder
Cargo Master

Originally Posted by SSSimon
I can supervise someone putting up-pipes in their vehicle, tell them how to remove the RH inner guard, reach the manifold bolt with a 10mm socket on 2 extension arms, and use of a ratchet spanner. How to lye across the engine and wrestle the baby's butt onto the back of the turbo whilst getting the pin to align with the hole in the turbo outlet and at the same time tightening the bolt on the clampy thingy which you're also holding tight.
Yes, hours of fun and laughter to be had with up-pipes!

I would like someone to supervise me greasing up the front hub bearings though, so I'm sure I can provide plenty of laughs there while someone explains to me what I should be doing as things turn to custard doing that!
You got the O ring kit for the hubs. Cause i was thinking of doing the same
http://www.guzzle7pt3.com/allube.php

Old 02-22-2012, 02:51 AM
SSSimon
Posting Guru
Brian, if you're ordering the o-ring kit - order 2 and I'll go you halves in the freight/postage.

Old 02-22-2012, 02:56 AM
Nkelly
Farkall User

Those vacuum front hubs are a pain in the ****,got bogged bigtime on the farm the other week cuz i was losing vacuum for the hubs

Gunna f88k em off and put ARB or something else in..

Old 02-22-2012, 04:37 AM
SSSimon
Posting Guru
Bryan, air leaks in your suspension, air leaks in your hubs, the HVAC works on the same air pressure as well you know.
While you're getting rid of your air-pressure hubs you may as well go the whole hog and put steel springs in your suspension!

Old 02-22-2012, 11:59 AM
Nkelly
Farkall User

Bryan, air leaks in your suspension, air leaks in your hubs, the HVAC works on the same air pressure as well you know.
While you're getting rid of your air-pressure hubs you may as well go the whole hog and put steel springs in your suspension!
Exactly wot im doing,putting my pro comp supension back on,maybe heaps rougher but its reliable.

Old 02-23-2012, 04:12 AM
SSSimon
Posting Guru
Bryan, presumably you just have to insert coil springs in place of the air bags. At least you'll be off leaves!
You might be able to salvage a fair bit of your air-control gear if you can get those helper-bags which fit inside the coils. You'd virtually run the same system, but the bags would just be for firming the ride up on the tarmac or getting a little bit more clearance off the tarmac.
A foot in each camp so to speak but not exactly AC/DC

Old 02-23-2012, 12:12 PM
Nkelly
Farkall User

I would love too put coils all round,but wot a head f**k trying to find the right coils then try and adapt them too my suspension..

Good idea simon,but f**k it im over suspensions,procomp going back on.

Old 02-24-2012, 12:13 AM
Riffraff Diesel
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts
Tickets are purchased, we are locked in so let's make this good, :-)

Old 02-24-2012, 03:47 AM
ChunderDownUnder
Cargo Master

1. Bryan & Lyn (Nkelly)
2. Simon (SSSimon)
3. Geoff (Ratkat)
4. Rod (Loaf4000)

and another 3 trucks (non FTE members)

Old 02-24-2012, 12:13 PM
Nkelly
Farkall User

Originally Posted by ChunderDownUnder
1. Bryan & Lyn (Nkelly)
2. Simon (SSSimon)
3. Geoff (Ratkat)
4. Rod (Loaf4000)

and another 3 trucks (non FTE members)
Ahh rods coming the man who introduced me too CARLTON FUSION , many CF's too be consumed

Old 02-25-2012, 10:34 PM
ChunderDownUnder
Cargo Master

just a reminder, if you want your parts here by the time Clay is here you better get it ordered.

Old 02-27-2012, 03:36 AM
SSSimon
Posting Guru
Hey Clay, if I order one of the John Woods 4r100 valve body will you be able to bring it over for the wrench session? Obviously you'd be able to take my stock one back as the core.
Does the fact that the Aussie trucks have the PTO transmission complicate the valve body swap?

Old 02-27-2012, 10:10 AM
Riffraff Diesel
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts
Hey Clay, if I order one of the John Woods 4r100 valve body will you be able to bring it over for the wrench session? Obviously you'd be able to take my stock one back as the core.
Does the fact that the Aussie trucks have the PTO transmission complicate the valve body swap?
Valve Body will be the same, but I can't really take that kind of stuff through customs.

Old 02-28-2012, 03:17 AM
SSSimon
Posting Guru
OK will order the JW valve body tonight ozzie time!

Now any recommendation on what's the best ATF to go and buy a 20lL drum of?

Also, funny thing happened to me in my truck in SYDNEY on the w/e. The HVAC got stuck on demist! Anyway, as we all know it is air-pressure actuated. I popped the hood and wiggled the air line off the pump. The pump started and a pushed the airline back on. Then checked the HVAC and it was working fine again. Somehow it got temporarily stuck on demist and pulling the air line freed it up.

HAVE NOW ORDERED THE JW R4100 SHIFT BODY FROM RR. I also ordered the overboost regulator kit. Funnily enough on the way to Sydney towing the boat up a hill the CEL came on - I'd say it was an over boost situation. Soon after on a flat bit of road the CEL went out.

Couldn't order the front hub seal kit from the Diesel O Ring site due to having a non US/Canada shipping address

Also note to Brian - can we also arrange someone to be in charge of taking photos of the wrench sessions. It would be good to get a few tech write ups with photos of the actual event with special guest Clay, and of a few a the session that we do.

Last edited by SSSimon; 02-28-2012 at 03:57 AM. Reason: Added order details

Quick Reply: Riffraff's Coming to AUS