1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Early Eighties Bullnose Ford Truck

Off topic: Help! Anyone in the Tyler, TX area??

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 03:22 PM
Anafiel
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Off topic: Help! Anyone in the Tyler, TX area??

My wife has an Internet friend from one of her forums, and she has asked me to reach out to you guys to see if there is any help for her friend.

Her friend lives in Tyler, TX, and has a 2005 Honda Civic LX. They had the car looked at, at Firestone, and they told them that it needed a new timing belt. They quoted $600.00 for the job. My wife's friend, hoping to save some money, had the job quoted at Pepboys. They quoted half that cost, at $300.00 for the timing belt.

$2,000.00 later, and a car that still doesn't run, and a new loan to pay for it that they really can't afford, they need help.

Is there anyone in the area that can do a sanity check for these kids? They are in their mid 20's, and don't know the first thing about cars, and he's working three jobs to try to support their family. He needs the car for work. One of his jobs requires some delivery work, using his own vehicle.

I'm not asking anyone to actually do the remaining work (unless you can), but just to check what's been done, to see if it was ACTUALLY done, reasonable labor, and maybe direct them to a trustworthy mechanic to have the car finished/fixed.

Anyone?? I'll give you contact info in a PM if you can help.

Thanks!!

Old 10-14-2012, 06:11 PM
Anafiel
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did I mention that she's got a '68 Torino sitting off to the side?