6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

EXHAUST FLUID FAULT

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 07:22 AM
RZRCOWBOY
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I recieved my truck back Friday after dealer replaced Exhaust filter and sensors and somthing else in the exhaust system...dealer put just over 200 miles Friday and i put maybe 100 over the weekend no faults yet ...Dealer filled up the diesel tank and def tank for me at no charge and was very concerned about my problem also rotated tires and rebalaced tires to try and help with rear end shake at 40-45 mph that didnt go away I'll not worry about that though too many people have tried to get that taken care of to no avail. ..........I'll post back up if problem comes back.....Thanks for the great info on this forum.

Old 11-05-2013, 11:57 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by DemonRace6
...They replaced the EGR cooler but say there is still a clog somewhere in the exhaust so then need to put 200 miles on the truck to see if it breaks down again...
Reach out to me via PM, DemonRace6; I want to check out ways to help. In your message, please include your name, daytime phone number, mileage, VIN, and preferred servicing dealership.

Originally Posted by Hank, in or
...They ended up having to put a new DEF pump on and now all seems to be fine again...
Originally Posted by RZRCOWBOY
...dealer put just over 200 miles Friday and i put maybe 100 over the weekend no faults yet...
Great news, Hank, in or and RZRCOWBOY! I'm thrilled to hear that your dealerships took excellent care of you. If you need any assistance in the future, you know where to find me.

Crystal

Old 11-08-2013, 02:46 PM
DemonRace6
Hi!
Originally Posted by FordService
Reach out to me via PM, DemonRace6; I want to check out ways to help. In your message, please include your name, daytime phone number, mileage, VIN, and preferred servicing dealership.
My truck went in to the dealership Tuesday October 29th for the second time due to this exhaust fluid fault. The dealership put 200 miles on the truck and the fault came back. They replaced the EGR cooler and some other parts. Now they told me they need to replace the entire exhaust system. It should be in there place on Monday or Tuesday and I will hopefully get the truck back next week. I am losing so much money, I needed to drop off a $3000 trailer load last night. I tried to use my brother-in-law's Chevy 2500 but was squashing the truck way to much. How do they expect me to make my truck payment this month!?!?

Old 11-11-2013, 01:00 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
My truck went in to the dealership Tuesday October 29th for the second time due to this exhaust fluid fault. The dealership put 200 miles on the truck and the fault came back. They replaced the EGR cooler and some other parts. Now they told me they need to replace the entire exhaust system. It should be in there place on Monday or Tuesday and I will hopefully get the truck back next week...
Hi DemonRace6,

I checked out your case notes; your dealership and CSM are working hard on getting this resolved. Reach out to me if you need any additional assistance. I'm always just a PM away.

Crystal

Old 11-19-2013, 11:47 AM
DemonRace6
Hi!
Originally Posted by FordService
Hi DemonRace6,

I checked out your case notes; your dealership and CSM are working hard on getting this resolved. Reach out to me if you need any additional assistance. I'm always just a PM away.

Crystal
Thank you Crystal!

My dealership got the truck back to me last Wednesday, all cleaned up with a full tank of fuel. It has been working great so far.

I believe they replaced the entire exhaust system along with many parts for the DEF system. I did not record how many miles I had on the truck when it was towed in but I was told they put over 200 miles on it. It sounds like a lot but I am OK with that if it is what is needed to make sure the problem does not happen again.

I am very please with the customer service provided by Ford, thank you again Crystal!

Old 11-19-2013, 01:16 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Thank you Crystal!

My dealership got the truck back to me last Wednesday, all cleaned up with a full tank of fuel. It has been working great so far.

I believe they replaced the entire exhaust system along with many parts for the DEF system. I did not record how many miles I had on the truck when it was towed in but I was told they put over 200 miles on it. It sounds like a lot but I am OK with that if it is what is needed to make sure the problem does not happen again.

I am very please with the customer service provided by Ford, thank you again Crystal!
Fantastic news, DemonRace6! I'm so glad to hear that everything worked out.

Crystal

Old 12-02-2013, 11:57 AM
DemonRace6
Hi!
Not good. My wife called me this morning, my truck went into idle mode again. She said no warning, just straight into idle mode.

This is no good. I can't have a truck that is unreliable. That is the reason I traded in my old truck for a new one. I don't know if I am going to be able to keep this truck.

Old 01-07-2014, 10:15 AM
RZRCOWBOY
New User
Well I thought all was going to well after exhaust replacement but just before christmas got the exhaust fluid fault and count down to miles to 50 mph made it to the dealer and they made it go into regen for 45 min at 3500 rpm to burn out what is now a month old exhaust sytem and only 4200 miles on the truck.

Now yesterday same exhaust fluid fault message and this time it went to straight idle mode on the hiway and i was stuck for over 2 hours waiting on ford to get a tow truck to get me to the dealer truck now has 5090 miles this is the 5 time in 5000 miles so its time for me to get a new truck ...... lets see how this will play out.

I have been super nice to everyone at the dealer and at ford but now its time for ford to be nice to me!

venting over thanks.

Old 01-07-2014, 10:42 AM
marchare011
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RZRCOWBOY
Well I thought all was going to well after exhaust replacement but just before christmas got the exhaust fluid fault and count down to miles to 50 mph made it to the dealer and they made it go into regen for 45 min at 3500 rpm to burn out what is now a month old exhaust sytem and only 4200 miles on the truck.

Now yesterday same exhaust fluid fault message and this time it went to straight idle mode on the hiway and i was stuck for over 2 hours waiting on ford to get a tow truck to get me to the dealer truck now has 5090 miles this is the 5 time in 5000 miles so its time for me to get a new truck ...... lets see how this will play out.

I have been super nice to everyone at the dealer and at ford but now its time for ford to be nice to me!

venting over thanks.
Sorry to hear about your truck Cowboy. That sux!

Are you switching brands or dealers?

Old 01-07-2014, 11:07 AM
RZRCOWBOY
New User
Staying with ford for sure have had two many ford trucks to count just want a differant one ....theres always a bad one in every make and it was my time to get one I guess..... I just hope ford buys it back or allows me a heck of a good trade in amount on a new one.

Old 04-05-2014, 08:24 PM
huntingsidekick1
New User
2013 6.7 def fault

I have a 2013 f250 with the 6.7 and 2 weeks ago the def fault came on. Then restarted it and it went into a idle mode will not go over 5 mph but put it into park and it runs fine. I had a roll back take it to the dealer, they were stumped. They contacted ford for help, they had them put on a nox sensor. It didn`t even make it to the end of the test drive and did it again. They told me they are waiting to hear from ford motor co. I also like others on here added def but only held 1.5 gal after the fault first appeared. My truck has 9100 miles on it. If anyone has any input that I could pass along to the dealership PLEASE let me know, my family has had a camping trip planned for next weekend and no truck to pull the fifth wheel. Thanks for any help.

Old 04-05-2014, 09:44 PM
rtazz17
Fleet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by huntingsidekick1
I have a 2013 f250 with the 6.7 and 2 weeks ago the def fault came on. Then restarted it and it went into a idle mode will not go over 5 mph but put it into park and it runs fine. I had a roll back take it to the dealer, they were stumped. They contacted ford for help, they had them put on a nox sensor. It didn`t even make it to the end of the test drive and did it again. They told me they are waiting to hear from ford motor co. I also like others on here added def but only held 1.5 gal after the fault first appeared. My truck has 9100 miles on it. If anyone has any input that I could pass along to the dealership PLEASE let me know, my family has had a camping trip planned for next weekend and no truck to pull the fifth wheel. Thanks for any help.
I have not had this happen to me but most posts on this end up with a nox sensor replaced but you had that done". Maybe its the NOX sensor module? Ive read a few of those causing the fault as well.Good luck.Please post an update once your fixed for future posters with same problem

Old 04-07-2014, 01:52 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
I have a 2013 f250 with the 6.7 and 2 weeks ago the def fault came on. Then restarted it and it went into a idle mode will not go over 5 mph but put it into park and it runs fine. I had a roll back take it to the dealer, they were stumped...
Send me a PM with your info, huntingsidekick1; I want to see what I can do to help. In your message, be sure to include your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealership; I'll get to work on this.

Crystal

Old 04-07-2014, 03:19 PM
tolliewolly
Laughing Gas
Its going to have to have the EGR cooler cleaned. Been there and done that. Ford had a fit that we did that but it totally solved my problem. Never have I had a def fault again. Ford will try to blame it on fuel but they won't admit they have issues with the erg coking up carbon inside it real bad.
If you need any help pm me or post here. Been through all this and done it all. Bottom line is get your EGR cooler cleaned then your problems will disappear. Good Luck.

Old 04-07-2014, 06:11 PM
vloney
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Unfortunately, poor quality fuel most definately will coke one up.

Quick Reply: EXHAUST FLUID FAULT