Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

VA's January GTG (get together) Official Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 12:16 PM
Fleetsuper
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry I couldn't make it

I was really looking forward to meeting up with the folks attending, but had an issue with my son I had to drop everything and take care of.
<O</O<O</O
My son was at our beach house enjoying some time off with two of his closest friends. One of these friends is in the Army and has done two tours, one in Iraq and one in Afghanistan. Some time on Thursday his buddy had a PTSD incident and got totally out of control and started in on his wife and my son tried to protect her and calm his friend down only to then get 100% of his buddies ire. Couldn't calm him down, tried a few times to fake call the cops, it got very violent to the point where the guy's wife was begging my son to call the cops. My son did and when that happened the guy left and my son locked him out until the cops got there, by that time my son's friend had calmed down to a point. The cops calmed him down further, my son and his wife lied about the attack on his wife or he would have been locked up right away, and my son refused to press charges so it wouldn't tarnish is military record, he is still active duty. My son had a long talk with his wife and they agreed to leave the next morning, but they were my son's ride home so I had to come down and give him our car and wait until my wife came down on Saturday, by that time the event was over.

<O</OI'm sorry I missed it and will try again for the next one. It's hard being a parent sometimes and no matter how old they get they still sometimes need mom or dad.<O</O<O</O

Old 01-29-2012, 12:47 PM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,251 Likes on 1,708 Posts
OMG, Mike, that is a terrible series of events, i hope everything works itself out, sorry to hear that Gerry

Old 01-29-2012, 01:53 PM
Dave804
Postmaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Commend your son for what he did Mike. Hope all heals up well.

Guys, is this restaurant the one under the bridge almost, on the south side of the span? We'd stop there heading up to Jersey for diner. They'll flat put you on some munch.

Old 01-29-2012, 02:30 PM
MCDavis
Hotshot
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Mike...I commend your son. I hope he heals up quickly and that his buddy is releived of that nasty disorder.

Dave..wrong river. You're thinking of the Rappahanock. This place is on the north bank of the Potomac...about 1 mile west of the bridge.

Old 01-29-2012, 05:33 PM
archtaan
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Fleetsuper
I was really looking forward to meeting up with the folks attending, but had an issue with my son I had to drop everything and take care of.
<O</O<O</O
My son was at our beach house enjoying some time off with two of his closest friends. One of these friends is in the Army and has done two tours, one in Iraq and one in Afghanistan. Some time on Thursday his buddy had a PTSD incident and got totally out of control and started in on his wife and my son tried to protect her and calm his friend down only to then get 100% of his buddies ire. Couldn't calm him down, tried a few times to fake call the cops, it got very violent to the point where the guy's wife was begging my son to call the cops. My son did and when that happened the guy left and my son locked him out until the cops got there, by that time my son's friend had calmed down to a point. The cops calmed him down further, my son and his wife lied about the attack on his wife or he would have been locked up right away, and my son refused to press charges so it wouldn't tarnish is military record, he is still active duty. My son had a long talk with his wife and they agreed to leave the next morning, but they were my son's ride home so I had to come down and give him our car and wait until my wife came down on Saturday, by that time the event was over.

<O</OI'm sorry I missed it and will try again for the next one. It's hard being a parent sometimes and no matter how old they get they still sometimes need mom or dad.<O</O<O</O
You did the right thing by taking care of your family. There will always be more GTG's in the future, but the impressions we make on our children never go away.

Old 01-29-2012, 05:56 PM
dustybumpers
FTE Legend
Mike, remember That family comes first. I would have been there just as you were.

I lost bunches of sleep raising 4 boys, and it was worth it.

Old 01-30-2012, 11:45 AM
afonda
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
DYNO ...

Hey guys... any word on a local event where we can dyno out our trucks?

i am mostly stock except for the intake and exhaust. (no tuner or injectors upgraded yet), but i still think i have lower power than i should have.

Thanks,
Andy

Old 01-30-2012, 11:46 AM
fire240
FTE Legend
Received 247 Likes on 239 Posts
Afternoon Bobbie and Andy.

Old 01-30-2012, 11:48 AM
MCDavis
Hotshot
Hi Andy. Where abouts are you in VA?

As for a dyno day...well they aren't cheap. I'm sure we can find you a shop though that you could take your truck to and see what she'll make.

Old 01-30-2012, 11:50 AM
dustybumpers
FTE Legend
He lives near you Chandler..... King George.......

Old 01-30-2012, 11:55 AM
MCDavis
Hotshot
Ahhh I've been to that courthouse...against my will. Stupid heavy right foot.

Trying to think of a perf. shop in the Fredericksburg/Stafford area.

Old 01-30-2012, 02:55 PM
afonda
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Need to update my profile

I'm near Broad Run / Gainesville Va.

Old 02-01-2012, 06:20 PM
2TonHog
Senior User
I'm not sure if he can accommodate the big trucks, but my tuner JJ is in Woodbine Maryland and runs a Ford-centric business there. Mostly Mustangs, Lightnings and Harley trucks, but he tunes the diesels too. I've trusted him for years. He had a GTG for his customers this summer and I'm guessing 30-40 vehicles packed his property.

I'm sure he'd be happy to set up a dyno event. Let me ask if he can accommodate the larger trucks.

Old 02-01-2012, 10:04 PM
archtaan
Post Fiend
That would be cool. I love dyno time! Is it a Mustang or Dynojet?