Nevada Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:67 Olfthfl

Nevada Happy New Year! - January 2012

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 11:34 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Sorry Mat, but that is in the supporters only section. I'll see what I can do.

Hi Donna! Got your computer back?

Old 01-09-2012, 05:51 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,160 Likes on 1,689 Posts
Good Monday Morning everyone.......

Old 01-09-2012, 05:52 AM
jarod17
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good morning everyone. Sorry I have been away. Fridge went out, not sleeping well, and poor internet connection. At least the truck is still running.

Donna, I use system mechanic pro on my computer. Here is my experience though. No anti-virus program is going to catch all virus' and mal-ware. I am setting up an old computer solely for anti-virus and mal-ware scanning. For some reason anti-virus programs do not play well together Also periodically download and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner (only active for 10 days) to hunt the really nasty ones. I posted the link before. If anyone wants, I can post it again.

Well, Good night everyone.

Old 01-09-2012, 08:56 AM
R1_Demon
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No worries, Bruce. I was just curious.

Well, I get to shoot the BCS National Championship viewing party today for ESPN. That will definitely be something different. I don't exactly even know what I'm shooting. LOL So, I'm going to meet up with them this afternoon before the shoot and try and go over a few things prior.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Sorry to hear about the issues, Jeff. I hope it all gets worked out soon!

Old 01-09-2012, 09:06 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by jarod17
Good morning everyone. Sorry I have been away. Fridge went out, not sleeping well, and poor internet connection. At least the truck is still running.

Donna, I use system mechanic pro on my computer. Here is my experience though. No anti-virus program is going to catch all virus' and mal-ware. I am setting up an old computer solely for anti-virus and mal-ware scanning. For some reason anti-virus programs do not play well together Also periodically download and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner (only active for 10 days) to hunt the really nasty ones. I posted the link before. If anyone wants, I can post it again.

Well, Good night everyone.
We had been using Avast or Iolo anti-virus & I liked both of them, but we need to renew it. I've never heard of the Microsoft Safety Scanner. Is it free? I'd love to check it out. Please post the link.
Thanks Jeff!

Old 01-09-2012, 09:21 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Goodmorning all,

I hope everyones Monday turns out good!
It's pretty good for me so far because the kids go back to school today from Christmas/Winter break.
WOOHOO! Freedom!!!!

Bruce - Yes, I got the puter back, but there's no antivirus on it yet. I'm going to go ahead & say... I'm back. Let's just hope that this dinosaur holds up until we get antivirus on the laptop. LOL! Thank you Bruce for taking over while my puter was down. You've done an awesome job! Any problems I should be aware of? (probably not - we have a totally awesome group here!)

Hiya Mat!
Hiya Gerry!

Old 01-09-2012, 12:12 PM
R1_Demon
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey there Donna,

I'm really sorry to hear of all the issues you had to go through with your computer. That sure is a pain. All because people think it's funny and/or they are trying to screw someone over. It's just sad.

Well, hopefully you are back for good. Bruce did an excellent job, as usual, but we definitely missed you as well.

My week is going to be a full one. I shoot for ESPN today/tonight. I then drive down to San Diego EARLY tomorrow morning for a testing session at 8 am and then this Friday through Sunday we are driving down to Bisbee/Tombstone/Sierra Vista, Arizona to do some paranormal investigating with our paranormal team. So, we're really excited and it's going to be a heck of a weekend! Can't wait!

Old 01-09-2012, 03:13 PM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Thanks Mat! I'm glad to be back.
Hey, you guys should come to Virginia City to do some paranormal investigating & take me with you! I love that stuff & would love to learn more about it.
Have fun tonight at your ESPN event & be safe driving down to San Diego.

Old 01-09-2012, 07:25 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by 67 Olfthfl
Thanks Mat! I'm glad to be back.
Hey, you guys should come to Virginia City to do some paranormal investigating & take me with you! I love that stuff & would love to learn more about it.
Have fun tonight at your ESPN event & be safe driving down to San Diego.

Yes! Virginia City would be prime for that sort of thing. There are some old mining claims there that bring the legality of current ownership of private properties into question.
Plus, there are so many old mineshafts that permeate the town that there are often sink holes that appear. Ghosts of miners trapped inside the mines and in the old hotels. Quite a few stories that originate in the old saloon/gambling halls.

Old 01-10-2012, 05:29 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,160 Likes on 1,689 Posts
Good Tuesday Morning Everyone..............howdy Donna & Bruce & Mat

Old 01-10-2012, 08:11 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 222 Likes on 181 Posts
Good morning to my Nevada buds, happy Tuesday!

Old 01-10-2012, 08:39 AM
Jakebrake
< Samantha...my Co-Pilot

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up

Good morning Nevada!
Well it has been an interesting time since my last post in the December BS thread. I was on my way out of town on Jan. 2 to go hunting and I got as far south as Walker Lake and the trusty old 6.0 truck died on the road. I coasted to where I could pull off the road and checked what I could and it would not start. Pulled the codes and got the P2290 and P2291 code...the dreaded High Pressure Oil Circuit failure codes. Did not have any cell service at that spot so I sat in the truck until NHP came by...He got on the radio and called AAA for a tow. Truck and trailer were both towed back to Fallon (arriving back in town about 4:30 pm)...trailer to the house and truck to a friends repair shop. Between trying to find time to get it inside the shop (it is a very busy shop...and he is one of the few that I would want to work on it) and look at it, the diagnosis, and waiting for parts, there was a lapse of a few days so I called the vacation off. I told my friend to not hurrry because I wanted to get some other things done to it also while they had the turbo, intake manifold, valve covers, and all the other stuff on top of the motor removed. It turns out that the STC fitting on the HPOP failed (all you 6.0 fans will know what I am talking about...a known issue with the motor) and in the process of tracking that down they found some other minor leaks in the high pressure oil system also. Going to also have them change the oil cooler along with the screen, and install new standpipes, dummy plugs, orings, and such. Also going to install an upgraded EGR cooler that I ordered from Neal Technologies in Mesa, Arizona. I hope to have it back the end of this week or the start of next. Anyway, the funny thing is that in the process of dodging traffic and getting the truck loaded on top of the tow rig and the trailer hooked up I forgot about my dogs inside the cab. They got to ride back without anyone else and that was a little different for them. They were so happy to get out of that truck and pee and poop! I'm just glad I did not get further down the road and have to get towed to a spot where I would have been stuck with the dogs in a motel room and have my truck at the mercy of a mechanic I don't know. Thats my story and I'm sticking too it! As far as the repair goes, it was all stuff I planned to do later this year...just get to do it sooner now.
Hope everyone is off to a good new year! Donna, thanks for the reminder!

Old 01-10-2012, 08:50 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 222 Likes on 181 Posts
Ken, sorry to hear about the truck troubles. I may be doing the same in the future. I've been looking around for an upgraded EGR cooler, I'll have to take a look at theirs.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:08 AM
Jakebrake
< Samantha...my Co-Pilot

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Thanks Pat, much appreciated. It turns out that I missed a great hunting trip judging by the pictures my buddies emailed me. They rolled one Polaris Ranger, but killed a bunch of chukar and quail in retalliation! I got to eat a $170 dollars worth of California non-resident 2 day hunting permits, and my trailers was full with 30 gallons of diesel for the truck, and 20 gallons of gas for my new 2012 Ranger that was going on it's first "real" hunting trip. Well I unloaded the trailer and now I have some food and beer to enjoy with all the football playoffs. And I didn't have to wash any dirty hunting clothes or clean anything up...cause I didn't go! LOL. It's not the end of the world...there will be other trips. I'm actually kind of excited to get thes upgrades done to my truck! Have a good one.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:23 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Goodmorning Bruce, Ken, Mat, Gerry, Pat, & visitors,

I hope you all have a Terrific Tuesday!
Ken - Your Welcome & sorry about your vehicle problems. Glad to see you found & made it to this month. The more the merrier, right?

Pat- You got vehicle problems too or just planning an upgrade?

Well, I ended yesterday pissed off. Apparently when I took my laptop in to get fixed, they deleted all of my windows icons (except 4) & now I have to take it back in so they can put them all back. Since they know how to find them somewhere in the computer! I can't even go on the internet because they deleted my Verizon icon. GRR!!! I was going to download AVG FREE (antivirus) & well, you get the picture. So, back to the repair shop it goes.

Quick Reply: Nevada Happy New Year! - January 2012