1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

confirmation

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 03:15 PM
Tushy
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
confirmation

hi all,
I live in the UK,own a 56 f100,but I have only a copy of the US title,need a prove of age,confirmation letter.would the club able to give me a prove here?or any help?thank you,Tushy

Old 12-16-2011, 04:14 PM
52 Merc
Hotshot
Received 2,450 Likes on 1,397 Posts
I guess I'm lost here. Not sure what you need exactly. You need some kind of proof that the vehicle in question was acutually built in 1956? The year code is included in the vehicle identification number. It's a one-year-only body style, so photographs could be beneficial. I suppose if you posted a picture and your vin we could decode it for you and provide a decode documention page from the Ford catalog if that would help. Let us know specifically how we can help.

Old 12-17-2011, 11:24 AM
dawolverine
Senior User
Tushy - I'm guessing you need some form of documentation to register your truck correctly with the DVLA?
You could try some of the UK clubs for help with this. The NSRA, AAC uk, AMVO etc. Often they can provide an official letter in support of the vehicle

Old 12-17-2011, 11:55 AM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 608 Likes on 378 Posts
If you don't have an Original of the title, you can request a duplicate from the issuing state. If you didn't transfer the title to your name, it will still have the old owner's name on it, unless you can get him to sign it over. Cost is usually about $15.

Old 12-21-2011, 04:15 PM
Tushy
Senior User
thanks

Thanks guys for the help.Tushy

Old 01-10-2012, 05:35 AM
Tushy
Senior User
Originally Posted by ALBUQ F-1
If you don't have an Original of the title, you can request a duplicate from the issuing state. If you didn't transfer the title to your name, it will still have the old owner's name on it, unless you can get him to sign it over. Cost is usually about $15.
Hi ,
could you tell me how to do it,I mean I'm in Uk ,or possible on online or just an email?The car is from California.somebody imported to UK and I bought it of him.but not registered here yet.thanks,Tushy

Old 01-10-2012, 07:01 AM
jim collins
Cargo Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You say it's imported from California,but is it a California title ? That information to everybody will help on what kind of advise you will recieve. Each state may treat it a little different on how they will help you get the paper work in place to help you title it in your country,good luck.__

Old 01-10-2012, 07:50 AM
raytasch
Believe Nothing

Received 244 Likes on 153 Posts
Originally Posted by 52 Merc
I guess I'm lost here. Not sure what you need exactly. You need some kind of proof that the vehicle in question was acutually built in 1956? The year code is included in the vehicle identification number. It's a one-year-only body style, so photographs could be beneficial. I suppose if you posted a picture and your vin we could decode it for you and provide a decode documention page from the Ford catalog if that would help. Let us know specifically how we can help.
What he said. The information you need is on the title. Verify the number on the title matches that of the data plate of the vehicle. We call this the VIN or vehicle identification number.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:10 AM
Tushy
Senior User
Hi Guys,

on the top of the paper,State of California,Certificate of title,and the registered owner name and his Californian address.The vehicle Id number is same with my Vin tag number.and I've got the licence plate what is same with a plate number on the title.if need a Vehicle Id Number I can send it.thanks Guys,Regards,Tushy

Old 01-10-2012, 09:30 AM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 608 Likes on 378 Posts
If he signed it over to you, that's all there is. Some older Calif. titles I don't think even had to be signed over?

Old 01-10-2012, 10:38 AM
dawolverine
Senior User
When it was imported it must have had a title handed over/signed over as usually it won't be let on the ship without it (unless of course it wasn't declared and was hidden inside a container or something!). If you have the importation documents, you can get a letter issued from one of the clubs over here regarding the exact model and year etc of your vehicle. That should be enough to satisfy the dvla, though they may wish to inspect the vehicle to check the vin stamped into the frame rail and data plates matches up with your documentation.

I think you should try contacting someone like Maurice Takoor from the uk NSRA - he can probably help advise you on the full process (or if he can't help he will certainly know someone that can) His website is Home - MisteR Tee's wheel nut emporium

Old 01-10-2012, 10:44 AM
dawolverine
Senior User
Just a thought as well - did you check if import duty etc was paid when the previous owner imported it? If it hasn't been/wasn't paid, you will have a bill coming your way when you try to register it.....

Old 01-10-2012, 12:02 PM
old_dan
Fleet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Just a thought, but a California title has a "date first sold" field in the title. Since it's an official document, it seems like you may have what you need. The only other thing that I can think of to back that up would be a printout of a VIN decoder that details what each digit indicates. I've seen the decoders, but I'm not sure if anybody here has one that is possibly a scan of one from an original Ford manual....more or less a letterhead document for the authorities in the UK to reference when they look at your VIN.

You might also contact the Ford V8 Foundation to see if they'll write you a letter....I'm thinking that if you send a picture of your data plate, they'd decode it for you and write it up on letterhead so you have some kind of official indication of the year of manufacture for your truck: http://www.fordv8foundation.org/index.html

Dan

Old 01-11-2012, 12:57 AM
52 Merc
Hotshot
Received 2,450 Likes on 1,397 Posts
I live in the UK,own a 56 f100,but I have only a copy of the US title
Let me make sure I'm clear. Are you saying you don't have the actual certificate of title, but only a photocopy of the title? If that's the case, I'd be doing my best to get in touch with the guy you gave money to and have him give you the paperwork you're entitled and/or find out why he didn't deliver the papers with the truck. I know that may be difficult from 10,000 miles away, but if that's the case, you're in a sticky wicket.

Old 01-11-2012, 02:49 AM
Tushy
Senior User
Originally Posted by dawolverine
When it was imported it must have had a title handed over/signed over as usually it won't be let on the ship without it (unless of course it wasn't declared and was hidden inside a container or something!). If you have the importation documents, you can get a letter issued from one of the clubs over here regarding the exact model and year etc of your vehicle. That should be enough to satisfy the dvla, though they may wish to inspect the vehicle to check the vin stamped into the frame rail and data plates matches up with your documentation.

I think you should try contacting someone like Maurice Takoor from the uk NSRA - he can probably help advise you on the full process (or if he can't help he will certainly know someone that can) His website is Home - MisteR Tee's wheel nut emporium
hi,thanks for advice,I sent an email to Mr.Tee,will see.Tushy

Quick Reply: confirmation