Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > Ford vs The Competition
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-11-2011, 10:39 PM
Posting Guru

640 CI Aluminum FORD has a great reputation on FTE.640 CI Aluminum FORD has a great reputation on FTE.640 CI Aluminum FORD has a great reputation on FTE.640 CI Aluminum FORD has a great reputation on FTE.
F-150 Ecoboost Rips Tundra 5.7L a new one in Tug o War (Video)

I know Tug's don't prove anything about trucks...But I thought some of you Ecoboost owners might get a laugh outta this clip.

FORD F-150 VS TOYOTA TUNDRA - YouTube
Old 12-12-2011, 05:41 AM

tseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputation
Thanks for posting sir. I wonder how they were both geared.
2010 Ford Focus
2004 Expedition XLT 4x2

FTE Guidelines
Old 12-12-2011, 06:25 AM
Elder User

TheWhiteBeast is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Tundras are geared towards people that should probably really be driving a car, but have a inferiority complex.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:01 PM
Posting Guru

Deluxe05 has a great reputation on FTE.Deluxe05 has a great reputation on FTE.Deluxe05 has a great reputation on FTE.Deluxe05 has a great reputation on FTE.
Unlike countless other _____ vs. _____ bumper pull videos, I will give them credit for swapping the trucks/ends. That at least quiets the "that side of the road had waaayyy more ice/snow on it" complaints.

Having said that, it is always nice seeing a Ford doing well.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:18 PM
Posting Guru

flixden has a good reputation on FTE.flixden has a good reputation on FTE.flixden has a good reputation on FTE.
It shows that the F-150 had the better tires for the conditions there, not much more ...
Good to watch anyway though.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:39 PM
Posting Guru

stephen.osborne1 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.stephen.osborne1 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
The Ford also weighs quite a bit more, giving it in edge in traction in a setup like this. All the power in the world doesn't mean squat if you can't get it to the ground.
1977 F-100 Custom 2wd Flareside 300 I6, AOD
2000 Honda Shadow Sabre
2010 F-150 FX4 SCREW 6.5', Ingot Silver, ARE Z series shell, 2" AS Leveling Kit
Old 12-12-2011, 06:42 PM
Resident smarta$$

D8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to beholdD8chumley is a splendid one to behold
tim.burke.167
Thats great!!!!
"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein
Old 12-12-2011, 06:52 PM
Elder User

Big Bad has a good reputation on FTE.Big Bad has a good reputation on FTE.
The Tundra now probably has a tweaked frame.

Man, those Tundras are as hideous as ever.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:08 PM
Senior User

Brandon150 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Brandon150 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bad View Post
The Tundra now probably has a tweaked frame.

Man, those Tundras are as hideous as ever.
Yea and have you seen a regular cab model?! Lol
Old 12-12-2011, 08:44 PM
Senior User

NotMyHusbandsF150 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
www.facebook.com/melodysablan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon150 View Post
Agreed. Ugly as hell.

AND LOVED this clip. Right after I bought my truck, my best friend bought a brand new Tundra... and we love to give each other hell. This is going on her FB page.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:59 PM

tseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputation
Quote:
One of co-workers has a regular cab short bed Tundra and I think it's sweet. He hunts and the truck lives in the woods. It has all kinds of goodies hanging from it's underneath like packed mud, bushes, weeds and such. This truck is anything but babied, in fact it's abused and keeps coming back for more.

IMHO, the Tundra is a great truck, watch out for the next generation. I'd proudly own one in a minute before I'd own anything else.

I enjoyed the video but it only proves that two idiots were dumb enough to hook up their trucks to each other.
2010 Ford Focus
2004 Expedition XLT 4x2

FTE Guidelines
Old 12-12-2011, 10:20 PM
Junior User

SRT is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhiteBeast View Post
Tundras are geared towards people that should probably really be driving a car, but have a inferiority complex.
Well said!!!
Old 12-13-2011, 12:25 AM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tseekins View Post
IMHO, the Tundra is a great truck, watch out for the next generation. I'd proudly own one in a minute before I'd own anything else.
IMHO, the Tundra is a colossal POS even discounting the wet-noodle it has for a frame and the pathetically under built tailgates. I too have a friend with a Tundra, a 2008 DC 5.7 2WD with the TRD (an appropriate acronym to suit the truck's malodorous appearing exterior) package. EDIT: It's the TSS package.

At 75,000 miles:
-bad air injection pump (nearly a $3000 repair and causes the truck to enter a limp mode making it UNSAFE to drive)
-bad a/c compressor
-piston slap
-torque converter shudder
-trans or shift schedule issue that results in feeling every single downshift coming to a stop, and the occasional dramatic bang.

The Toyota dealer has NO ANSWER for the transmission issues.

That's just the quantifiable malfunctions. There's things like interior trim quality which is absolutely atrocious, (silver panel in the center of the dash missing large chunks of paint around the radio), leather seats showing premature signs of wear, etc. This truck is NOT abused, it's simply lacking in durability right down to the design/engineering level.

The Tundra has a long way to go to catch up to it's domestic rivals as an overall truck, much less the F150. A complete redesign or extreme MCE is required to do so.

The Tundra's do have a sweet engine (5.7), but even that has been trumped by several of the newer offerings. There's NO WAY I would buy a Tundra when it is pretty much the least competitive (and durable) full-size offering out there at the moment.

I don't even need to think twice before saying I would take a 6.2 Silverado/Sierra, 5.0 F150, EB F150, 6.2 F150, or a 2009+ Hemi Ram over a Tundra. All are superior trucks.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:35 AM
Elder User

Quote:
Yeah I have, I think the double cab Tundra is by far the worst looking truck currently offered by any manufacturer. The Tundra works best (appearance wise) as a reg cab or crew max, IMO. I wouldn't call any of them even remotely attractive though, it's kind of like arguing who's hottest out of Kathy Bates, Rosie O'Donnell and Roseanne Barr.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:23 AM
Elder User

Pool Runner has a very good reputation on FTE.Pool Runner has a very good reputation on FTE.Pool Runner has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bad View Post
I don't even need to think twice before saying I would take a 6.2 Silverado/Sierra, 5.0 F150, EB F150, 6.2 F150, or a 2009+ Hemi Ram over a Tundra. All are superior trucks.
Big Bad you forgot one other truck, well.... at least I would probably even take a 5.6 Titan over the disgusting Tundra. But at that point I would start haulingcrap with my wifes Subaru

2013 Subaru Outback, 2.5i, Limited
Old 12-13-2011, 11:23 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > Ford vs The Competition

Tags
150, 2011, 38, 57, beat, comparison, ecoboost, f150, ford, raptor, roush, tug, tundra, verses, war