1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My lil' F250 Project.

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 07:34 PM
SlickYamaha
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JimCantu
Very nice truck!! I love the color and what you've done with it!!

Where did you get the black fill in on the SUPER DUTY on the tail gate. I was thinking of getting some Chrome fill in for the tail gate and some Black for the Front.
The letters came off ebay, there is a member selling them for liek $17
Ford F450 Super Duty Tailgate Letters Inserts Stickers | eBay

I emailed him and worked out a set of black letters and a set of chrome for $15 each. Im sure if you say you want the front letters and rear, he will cut you a break. I had a window visor put on my windshield today, so I had the guy put the letters on too, he is a good guy and only charged me $10, I would have paid double after I saw what he went through. not really hard for him, but with me not having a garage, I could just see them trying to be put on, blowing in the wind lol

The taillights and turn signals are both recon. I got them off ebay as well. I worked out $355 for both shipped. Only saved a few bucks, but a few here and a few there equals.
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Old 01-10-2012, 07:38 PM
SlickYamaha
Senior User
cell pic of the super duty letters...

Old 01-11-2012, 12:35 AM
JimCantu
Junior User
Thanks for the info! That's exactly what I was looking for! Looks great. I'm going with the chrome on black and black on chrome... I know, I'm so original....

Old 01-11-2012, 09:15 AM
SlickYamaha
Senior User
That should look good. Just email him and see if he will cut ya a deal for both.

Old 01-18-2012, 08:54 PM
SlickYamaha
Senior User
just a couple "during" photos...

Nothing special, just a spacer kit from ebay. I will probably go up to a 4" kit in a year or two, but i want to get bigger tires first, and these tires only have 3,000 miles on them. lol. This is just serving as a band aid until I am ready to move up. I was extremely surprised as to how much rust I already have under the truck, with only having 3,000 miles on it, no salt on the ground yet either... I guess it was bound to happen obviously, but seems to have rusted up too quick for my liking..

Both the front and rears measured 42 high, so its actually level from the factory

The 2.5 kit really only adds about 2 / 2.25

This is with just the fronts on, you can see just doing the front kit really throws things off

My wifes uncle let me use his heated garage during this 28 degree night lol... made life alot easier

Need to figure out something to do to the front end. Looks to stock for me. lol

Old 01-18-2012, 09:58 PM
xmontex4
Logistics Pro
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
I would put a black bull bar with some fog lights on the front if your looking to do something to it, I think it would flow nicely with your black rims and accents.

Old 01-18-2012, 10:27 PM
SlickYamaha
Senior User
Originally Posted by xmontex4
I would put a black bull bar with some fog lights on the front if your looking to do something to it, I think it would flow nicely with your black rims and accents.
I had thought about that as well, I like the black/chrome ones, not sure about lights just yet

Old 01-19-2012, 12:53 AM
jlmotox
Elder User
truck looks good! clean look!

Old 01-19-2012, 07:57 AM
snelldawg
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I had everything underneath sprayed (by spray bottle) with LPS3.
Guy I talked to said it's used on boats, etc. It's worth a shot to help prevent/delay the rust.

Old 01-19-2012, 08:19 AM
xmontex4
Logistics Pro
Don't even get me started on rust my bed roted out last year and I had to get it fixed and this spring im removing the bed and disassembling the front end to POR-15 and paint the underside of my truck

Old 01-19-2012, 09:03 AM
SlickYamaha
Senior User
Originally Posted by snelldawg
I had everything underneath sprayed (by spray bottle) with LPS3.
Guy I talked to said it's used on boats, etc. It's worth a shot to help prevent/delay the rust.
What about the rust that is already there? does it help to "lessen" it?

Old 01-19-2012, 09:38 AM
xmontex4
Logistics Pro
Oil will definitley slow it down from spreading, it wont stop it there really isn't a way to stop and reverse rust except for going down to bare metal and painting (correct me if im wrong) or doing something like POR 15 like I plan to for the under side or my truck anything that covers the metal and keeps it out of the air will stop it from rusting/continuing to rust.

Old 01-19-2012, 11:18 AM
snelldawg
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
LPS3 won't lessen the existing rust. Its more to protect it from starting. You have access to that shop, and if the rust is bothering you, you could spray the underside before the next storm/salting.

Old 01-19-2012, 01:08 PM
Quad Racer
Cargo Master
Received 137 Likes on 104 Posts
Your truck is shaping up nicely. I had a thought about the emblem on the tailgate. I know its sacreligious but that would look sweet black instead of blue. Ive seen a few threads on it.

I just sprayed oil under all the vehicles, even my trailers. Once it soaks in, it is amazing how well it works. Its only been on for a couple weeks but great so far. I didnt want to go to huge amounts of effort on a losing battle, so thats why I chose the oil. Plus I have noticed rust starting between the hood hinges and inner panel. I sprayed the oil in between all of the panels and up and above evry wheel well. I feel like I wound up with excellent coverage of the truck. I used WD40 for the bottom of the doors and door gaskets as well.

Old 02-23-2012, 06:48 PM
SlickYamaha
Senior User
Updated pics. Just added some new fog lights, backup lights, and backup camera. as well as Recon 60 light bar.

The backup lights are nice. Hella's, they are great as backup lights, but I wouldnt expect much more use out of them.

The offroad light bar is pretty sweet too, a buddy sold it to me for $100, the bar was custom, the lights are Hella 500 Driving lights. Not a bad deal since the lights are $40 each, and the bar is about $150-$200. They light output is more than Ill ever need.

The recon light bar, not much to say, it does its job. It worked perfectly when plugged into the trailer plug, but when we hard wired it it doesnt seem to work right. We tested the wires 3x over and still cant get it to work right. At first we couldnt get anything other than the running lights to work, then once we got that straightened out, the running lights wont come on... its getting a little silly now...

The backup camera is junk. I knew it would be when I got it, but I wanted something until i could save some pennies for a new in dash DVD and decent camera. For $35 it does its job, but it wont stay long. In fact, i may have to suck it up and get the in dash DVD and decent camera sooner than I thought. Its nice having if there when I need it, but having a junk camera just makes me want the nicer one even more LOL

... also installed some upfitter switches, (OEM, I didnt have them when i got my truck) pretty easy install. Nothing to speak of other than a great addition.

Some pics..

The offroad light bar on a buddies truck before we swapped to mine.

The light bar on mine

Backup lights and camera

Lights and recon bar turned on. This is when we had the running lights working and not the signals, lol. it looks like there are different light outputs, but its just the angle of the photo. The light over the bed is just the 3rd brake light, my wife had the door open.

Quick Reply: My lil' F250 Project.