1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My lil' F250 Project.

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 04:50 PM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,420 Likes on 1,014 Posts
That is a sharp looking box there.

I have the ford in box cable lock but not the box.

How durable is it?

Old 01-08-2012, 07:29 PM
SlickYamaha
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by senix
That is a sharp looking box there.

I have the ford in box cable lock but not the box.

How durable is it?
It seems pretty durable. You can get the bed box on either the left side or the right side just make sure you order the correct one for your needs

Old 01-08-2012, 07:52 PM
Quad Racer
Cargo Master
Received 138 Likes on 104 Posts
Originally Posted by SlickYamaha
I would PM you, but it might be useful to someone else in the future... whats the best way to apply these? i was going to do the soapy water method for sure, but just to make sure, just lightly apply, put the stickers on, and squeegee out right? How about longevity? I HATE putting stickers on my paint, windows are one thing, but paint, no way. So Im really scared to do this at all, how do they hold up over time? still good look to them?

I figure worst case scenario, in 2 years, i just buy another set and re apply over the first.. .

I took a small bowl and mixed a little dish soap with water. Just smear a little on the on the tailgate itself with your finger then put that letter on and adjust, do one at a time. Take your time positioning the sticker, you have several minutes to adjust the sticker,(until the soapy water dries up). Just lightly use your finger to squeagy out the soapy water once the sticker is set. If your too aggressive to get the soapy water out you'll just fight the sticker moving around, I did it plenty, you just have to feel it out as you go. Dont play with it too much. haha Once its where it needs to be LEAVE IT ALONE. Dont be all nervous thinking dang I have soapy water under my sticker it'll never stick. Wrong. It will be fine once it dries out. Mine (from ebay)came with two sets, so if you goof you should be safe.

Old 01-08-2012, 08:10 PM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
nwo that is a nifty case. is that a Ford item? or some other company. I want 2

Old 01-08-2012, 08:20 PM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
I would PM you, but it might be useful to someone else in the future... whats the best way to apply these? i was going to do the soapy water method for sure, but just to make sure, just lightly apply, put the stickers on, and squeegee out right? How about longevity? I HATE putting stickers on my paint, windows are one thing, but paint, no way. So Im really scared to do this at all, how do they hold up over time? still good look to them?

I figure worst case scenario, in 2 years, i just buy another set and re apply over the first.. .
Originally Posted by Quad Racer
I took a small bowl and mixed a little dish soap with water. Just smear a little on the on the tailgate itself with your finger then put that letter on and adjust, do one at a time. Take your time positioning the sticker, you have several minutes to adjust the sticker,(until the soapy water dries up). Just lightly use your finger to squeagy out the soapy water once the sticker is set. If your too aggressive to get the soapy water out you'll just fight the sticker moving around, I did it plenty, you just have to feel it out as you go. Dont play with it too much. haha Once its where it needs to be LEAVE IT ALONE. Dont be all nervous thinking dang I have soapy water under my sticker it'll never stick. Wrong. It will be fine once it dries out. Mine (from ebay)came with two sets, so if you goof you should be safe.
btw, many vinyl sticker places will tell you to use window cleaner, or a soapy water mixture in a spray bottle.

spray the crap out of the bedside...spray the sticker so it's saturated.

put the sticker where you want. use your finger to "squeegee" a corner so it won't slide down. Then use a flat scraper (credit card) to finish the job.

I've done several sets and they still look good yrs later

Old 01-09-2012, 02:58 PM
SlickYamaha
Senior User
Originally Posted by Tylus
nwo that is a nifty case. is that a Ford item? or some other company. I want 2
Made by undercover. You can buy either side. I may expand and get the other side later.

Amazon has them for about $178 (each), so if you look around, make sure you can get it cheaper than that.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:02 AM
xmontex4
Logistics Pro
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
How do you like that swing case? i just got a bed cover aand that eliminated my tool box that just had a bunch of studff i never use in it anyway but i still have little things like jumper cables and what not on my bed rolling around lol, i was thingking of getting one of those.

Old 01-10-2012, 01:26 PM
Sarge261
Logistics Pro
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
How do you like the Recon LED Tail lights. Did they come with the new flasher so they dont blink fast, and are they much brighter than the OEM ones. Im trying to find a nice set but no one local here has anything I can look at that is smoked like that. Everyone round here is running the chrome looking euro ones and I hate that look.

Sarge

Old 01-10-2012, 02:08 PM
SlickYamaha
Senior User
Originally Posted by Sarge261
How do you like the Recon LED Tail lights. Did they come with the new flasher so they dont blink fast, and are they much brighter than the OEM ones. Im trying to find a nice set but no one local here has anything I can look at that is smoked like that. Everyone round here is running the chrome looking euro ones and I hate that look.

Sarge
I love em. Crazy easy to install too. No screws, nothing. Just slide a screw driver in the corner of the mirror and push the tab and they come right out.
They have two lights. Which is hard to tell in the stock amber ones. But there are actually two bulbs. One does the lock the other does unlock, with the amber light it just looks like one.
I'll try to get a vid up later.

As for the box. I love that too. It holds so much. It's also lockable, and easily removable. So if your hauling something and need the room it come out in like 8 seconds.

Old 01-10-2012, 03:48 PM
SlickYamaha
Senior User
Here is a quick vid I just walked out and made, horrible quality, just wanted to show how they work a little. I will do more later once I get everything up and running.

2011 F250 Recon signals, quick vid - YouTube

Old 01-10-2012, 05:39 PM
Quad Racer
Cargo Master
Received 138 Likes on 104 Posts
Looking very good Jay. Like them boxes too. Very well done.

One more thing, Do you think your niehbors think your nuts walking around with the video camera and such. hahaha I have thought about that before when taking pictures of mine. I figure they think i'm crazy or they see how much I like my truck and leave it alone. haha.

Old 01-10-2012, 05:52 PM
SlickYamaha
Senior User
Originally Posted by Quad Racer
Looking very good Jay. Like them boxes too. Very well done.

One more thing, Do you think your niehbors think your nuts walking around with the video camera and such. hahaha I have thought about that before when taking pictures of mine. I figure they think i'm crazy or they see how much I like my truck and leave it alone. haha.
lol, yeah, the guy next door was talking to me yesterday, in my mind I was like "go inside, go inside" once he headed in, i was like snap snap snap... haha, i feel dumb taking pics of my truck just sitting there.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:03 PM
PA-Mark
Posting Guru

lol, yeah, the guy next door was talking to me yesterday, in my mind I was like "go inside, go inside" once he headed in, i was like snap snap snap... haha, i feel dumb taking pics of my truck just sitting there.
Hahahaha! just tell em its for the insurance company records...

Old 01-10-2012, 06:13 PM
Sarge261
Logistics Pro
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Thanks,

I was more interested in the tail lights then the mirror lights. Are your tail lights recons also...if not who are they from?

Looks good either way. I wanted to order my 06 in that color but I saw a black one in the show room when ordering mine and I couldnt resist.

Sarge

Old 01-10-2012, 06:57 PM
JimCantu
Junior User
Very nice truck!! I love the color and what you've done with it!!

Where did you get the black fill in on the SUPER DUTY on the tail gate. I was thinking of getting some Chrome fill in for the tail gate and some Black for the Front.

Quick Reply: My lil' F250 Project.