Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


Expedition & Navigator 1997 - 2002 and 2003 - 2006 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator SPONSORED BY:

Reply
 
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #61  
Old 11-16-2012, 11:06 AM
alloro alloro is online now
Post Fiend
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: 0,0,1
Posts: 9,586
alloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljstreng View Post
The dealer said that the "right front height sensor is binding."
Unless a second one was added in later models, to the best of my knowledge there is only one height sensor for the front and it's behind the driver's front wheel. Based on that I would think the problem is with the air solenoid or air the shock for the front right.
__________________
To thank someone, click the left red "Add to Reputation" button
right of the word "permalink" top right of the poster's message.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 11-16-2012, 12:36 PM
Moto Mel's Avatar
Moto Mel Moto Mel is offline
Postmaster
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chesapeake, Va.
Posts: 4,574
Moto Mel has a great reputation on FTE.Moto Mel has a great reputation on FTE.Moto Mel has a great reputation on FTE.Moto Mel has a great reputation on FTE.Moto Mel has a great reputation on FTE.
Where are you in Va.? I have a spare that you can borrow to test with if you are in the H.R. area. It's a 20 minute job including removing the wheel. Send me an email or PM. through the forum if you want.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 01-12-2013, 11:55 AM
caverjoe's Avatar
caverjoe caverjoe is offline
Posting Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Harrisonville Missouri
Posts: 1,178
caverjoe has a very good reputation on FTE.caverjoe has a very good reputation on FTE.caverjoe has a very good reputation on FTE.
I know this is an old thread but I am thinking about the conversion so I was reading up.
As for the height sensors my 03 nav has 1 front right and 1 left and one in the rear.
__________________
JOE
2014 6.7 CCSB F250 LARIAT 4X4 30k MILES
E99 F250 Lariat 4x4 EC, AE, 315k miles, 4in turbo back 6637 "
T-500, RedHead
2003 Navigator Ultimate (Stock)
all men are created equal' Then a few become MARINES'"
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 01-12-2013, 04:29 PM
rowekmr rowekmr is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 447
rowekmr is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.rowekmr is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Yes it has 3, 2 in front and one in rear. I just had the 2 in the front replaced. They were sticking not sure if that was the main problem but the dealership tech showed me that one was stuck and the other one didn't move smoothly. My truck had chronic problems with the front either going all the way down or not coming up. I guess I should have joined this thread earlier and replaced all of mines with conventional springs/shocks because I spent 1.9K changing compressor, 2 ride sensors and 2 front air spring solenoids. I have heard that if you replace the air suspension on the 03-06 you can not stop the air suspension warning light from the dash though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverjoe View Post
I know this is an old thread but I am thinking about the conversion so I was reading up.
As for the height sensors my 03 nav has 1 front right and 1 left and one in the rear.
__________________
03 Excursion Ltd 6.0L ARP studs/HG, blue spring mod, 6.4L Banjo bolts, K&N CAI, turbo back exhaust, coolant filter, IDP tunes, SCT Livewire
07 F250 King Ranch 6.0L SB (for sale)
96 Regal 258 Commodore
08 Jayco 31 BHDS G2
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 01-12-2013, 05:09 PM
caverjoe's Avatar
caverjoe caverjoe is offline
Posting Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Harrisonville Missouri
Posts: 1,178
caverjoe has a very good reputation on FTE.caverjoe has a very good reputation on FTE.caverjoe has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowekmr View Post
Yes it has 3, 2 in front and one in rear. I just had the 2 in the front replaced. They were sticking not sure if that was the main problem but the dealership tech showed me that one was stuck and the other one didn't move smoothly. My truck had chronic problems with the front either going all the way down or not coming up. I guess I should have joined this thread earlier and replaced all of mines with conventional springs/shocks because I spent 1.9K changing compressor, 2 ride sensors and 2 front air spring solenoids. I have heard that if you replace the air suspension on the 03-06 you can not stop the air suspension warning light from the dash though.
That sucks about the light. I will let you know I ordered a set of struts off ebay. Seemed like a good price $419 shipped for all four. It says it has instructions on how to eliminate the warning message. We will see. If not it is just a matter of hitting the reset everytime it is driven. That will be irritating.
here is a link to the ebay auction. It says they are Strutmasters
http://www.ebay.com/itm/03-06-LINCOL...81056945994%26
__________________
JOE
2014 6.7 CCSB F250 LARIAT 4X4 30k MILES
E99 F250 Lariat 4x4 EC, AE, 315k miles, 4in turbo back 6637 "
T-500, RedHead
2003 Navigator Ultimate (Stock)
all men are created equal' Then a few become MARINES'"
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 01-12-2013, 05:22 PM
rowekmr rowekmr is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 447
rowekmr is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.rowekmr is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Yeah I have seen those and the ones from Suncore, Arnott and American Air Suspension. The ones you got are the most affordable so I like that. Let me know how they turn out. I was thinking of selling mines so didn't want to have to explain about the Air Suspension light being on but from what I paid I could have just lowered the price. I have to admit I love the air suspension when it works because I tow trailers and my truck is always level even with an interior load. I was thinking about getting a diesel but I might just keep it a little while longer after I sunk in all that money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverjoe View Post
That sucks about the light. I will let you know I ordered a set of struts off ebay. Seemed like a good price $419 shipped for all four. It says it has instructions on how to eliminate the warning message. We will see. If not it is just a matter of hitting the reset everytime it is driven. That will be irritating.
here is a link to the ebay auction. It says they are Strutmasters
03 06 Lincoln Navigator Air Suspension Conversion Kit | eBay
__________________
03 Excursion Ltd 6.0L ARP studs/HG, blue spring mod, 6.4L Banjo bolts, K&N CAI, turbo back exhaust, coolant filter, IDP tunes, SCT Livewire
07 F250 King Ranch 6.0L SB (for sale)
96 Regal 258 Commodore
08 Jayco 31 BHDS G2
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 01-12-2013, 05:47 PM
caverjoe's Avatar
caverjoe caverjoe is offline
Posting Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Harrisonville Missouri
Posts: 1,178
caverjoe has a very good reputation on FTE.caverjoe has a very good reputation on FTE.caverjoe has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowekmr View Post
Yeah I have seen those and the ones from Suncore, Arnott and American Air Suspension. The ones you got are the most affordable so I like that. Let me know how they turn out. I was thinking of selling mines so didn't want to have to explain about the Air Suspension light being on but from what I paid I could have just lowered the price. I have to admit I love the air suspension when it works because I tow trailers and my truck is always level even with an interior load. I was thinking about getting a diesel but I might just keep it a little while longer after I sunk in all that money!
Strutmasters claims to be the only ones with Eibach springs and american air suspension says the ones they sell have Eibach springs so I am thinking most of these things must come from the same place. The ones I bought claim to be american made with a full lifetime warranty so I figured I would give em a try at about $300 less than some of the other places mentioned.
__________________
JOE
2014 6.7 CCSB F250 LARIAT 4X4 30k MILES
E99 F250 Lariat 4x4 EC, AE, 315k miles, 4in turbo back 6637 "
T-500, RedHead
2003 Navigator Ultimate (Stock)
all men are created equal' Then a few become MARINES'"
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 01-13-2013, 05:03 PM
gofastbobby gofastbobby is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2
gofastbobby is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have an '05 Eddie Bauer Expedition with air suspension. I bought the truck with 80,000 miles on it two years ago. It now has 110,000 miles on it. I drive mainly in the city and the pump runs alot. The bags and lines don't leak. I have replaced the pump once due to it being worn out. Last week the rear went flat to the bump stops, it just stopped pumping air into the rear. The front still worked. I ordered the Monroe rear kit to replace the airbags. Installed it, now the front doesn't pump up. So I ordered the front kit. Haven't got the kit yet.

I am interested in seeing the directions of how to get the check suspension warning turned off.

I drive the truck every day and need it to be reliable above anything else. That helped me make the decision to switch to coil springs. I'll snap a few pictures and show the ride height difference once I install the front this week.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 01-13-2013, 07:20 PM
caverjoe's Avatar
caverjoe caverjoe is offline
Posting Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Harrisonville Missouri
Posts: 1,178
caverjoe has a very good reputation on FTE.caverjoe has a very good reputation on FTE.caverjoe has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gofastbobby View Post
I have an '05 Eddie Bauer Expedition with air suspension. I bought the truck with 80,000 miles on it two years ago. It now has 110,000 miles on it. I drive mainly in the city and the pump runs alot. The bags and lines don't leak. I have replaced the pump once due to it being worn out. Last week the rear went flat to the bump stops, it just stopped pumping air into the rear. The front still worked. I ordered the Monroe rear kit to replace the airbags. Installed it, now the front doesn't pump up. So I ordered the front kit. Haven't got the kit yet.

I am interested in seeing the directions of how to get the check suspension warning turned off.

I drive the truck every day and need it to be reliable above anything else. That helped me make the decision to switch to coil springs. I'll snap a few pictures and show the ride height difference once I install the front this week.
I have the same reason. My wife drives it daily with my kids in there so pretty much a given. Now there will be no more worries. My coils are supposed to be here before the end of the week. I will try and remember to snap so before and after pics. There are plenty of how toos so I dont think any write up I can do would make it any easier.
__________________
JOE
2014 6.7 CCSB F250 LARIAT 4X4 30k MILES
E99 F250 Lariat 4x4 EC, AE, 315k miles, 4in turbo back 6637 "
T-500, RedHead
2003 Navigator Ultimate (Stock)
all men are created equal' Then a few become MARINES'"
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 01-19-2013, 12:40 PM
gofastbobby gofastbobby is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2
gofastbobby is starting off with a positive reputation.
so the work is done now. Here's before:

Click the image to open in full size.

and now with the Monroe Conversion kit completed.

Click the image to open in full size.

It may ride a bit higher now, I cant tell much of a ride quality difference, probably because I needed shocks before the conversion. All in all, Im happy with the swap. definitely worth it in my eyes. I just wish I would've done it right away rather than waste money on a pump.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 01-19-2013, 02:08 PM
5.4T's Avatar
5.4T 5.4T is offline
Elder User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 725
5.4T has a very good reputation on FTE.5.4T has a very good reputation on FTE.5.4T has a very good reputation on FTE.
well 1 Year and couple of months later, Mines still works but the compressor is starting to sound like an air tool again.Do you really have to replace the Bushing so often?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 01-19-2013, 09:44 PM
caverjoe's Avatar
caverjoe caverjoe is offline
Posting Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Harrisonville Missouri
Posts: 1,178
caverjoe has a very good reputation on FTE.caverjoe has a very good reputation on FTE.caverjoe has a very good reputation on FTE.
Well I just finished the conversion on my wifes nav a couple of days ago, and she thinks it rides better now than it did when the air susp.... was working correctly. I dont really drive it enough to know. I am just glad it is done and I dont have to worry about figuring out what is going to go out next. I got the strutmasters premium off ebay for $419 shipped for all four. They claimed the box had been opened and they could not sell them for full price. They said they still had the full lifetime warranty. After I got my $307.50 back for the ride height sensor I just bought it turned out to be a killer deal in my opinion.
thats my .02
OUT
__________________
JOE
2014 6.7 CCSB F250 LARIAT 4X4 30k MILES
E99 F250 Lariat 4x4 EC, AE, 315k miles, 4in turbo back 6637 "
T-500, RedHead
2003 Navigator Ultimate (Stock)
all men are created equal' Then a few become MARINES'"
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 01-22-2013, 06:52 PM
rowekmr rowekmr is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 447
rowekmr is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.rowekmr is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I was told by the dealership and one of the suppliers of the conventional coil/shock systems that there isn't a way to turn it off. If you find something out please post it because today it was 3F here and the front wouldn't rise and I am tired of this system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gofastbobby View Post
I am interested in seeing the directions of how to get the check suspension warning turned off.
__________________
03 Excursion Ltd 6.0L ARP studs/HG, blue spring mod, 6.4L Banjo bolts, K&N CAI, turbo back exhaust, coolant filter, IDP tunes, SCT Livewire
07 F250 King Ranch 6.0L SB (for sale)
96 Regal 258 Commodore
08 Jayco 31 BHDS G2
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 01-22-2013, 07:43 PM
5.4T's Avatar
5.4T 5.4T is offline
Elder User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 725
5.4T has a very good reputation on FTE.5.4T has a very good reputation on FTE.5.4T has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverjoe View Post
Well I just finished the conversion on my wifes nav a couple of days ago, and she thinks it rides better now than it did when the air susp.... was working correctly. I dont really drive it enough to know. I am just glad it is done and I dont have to worry about figuring out what is going to go out next. I got the strutmasters premium off ebay for $419 shipped for all four. They claimed the box had been opened and they could not sell them for full price. They said they still had the full lifetime warranty. After I got my $307.50 back for the ride height sensor I just bought it turned out to be a killer deal in my opinion.
thats my .02
OUT
Trust me if you would have got those air shocks brand new , You would have notice the decrease in ride comfort, Air rides always better!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 01-22-2013, 07:51 PM
alloro alloro is online now
Post Fiend
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: 0,0,1
Posts: 9,586
alloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowekmr View Post
I was told by the dealership and one of the suppliers of the conventional coil/shock systems that there isn't a way to turn it off.
I guess they never thought of pulling out the cluster and removing the check suspension bulb!
__________________
To thank someone, click the left red "Add to Reputation" button
right of the word "permalink" top right of the poster's message.
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:51 PM
 
 
 
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
diesel conv FORD-or-Die 1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 2 01-22-2013 09:14 AM
Remote Start jez 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 10 11-18-2012 09:47 PM
hpop ? bigbadwolfe 1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 19 08-02-2007 12:34 PM
What would you pick? 385seriesHemi General Automotive Discussion 22 11-30-2006 03:28 PM
I would shoot it, but... bjoern Small Block V8 (221, 260, 289, 5.0/302, 5.8/351W) 1 12-16-2002 06:29 PM


Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Expedition & Navigator

Tags
2000, air, coil, coilovers, conversion, converting, expedition, ford, forum, forums, lincoln, napa, navigator, spring, suspension

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


Participate In The Forums

Create new posts and participate in discussions. It's free!

Sign Up »





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 AC1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Statement - Jobs
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.

vbulletin Admin Backup