S. California Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Trailer storage

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 02:58 PM
barthel
Elder User
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Ruben,

I perused the Lomita Municipal Code. Here's a link.

Municode - Search

Mind you, I didn't dive neck deep in it but I did give it a good "looking over". Not only is there nothing there that would prevent you from parking a trailer in your driveway, there is also nothing that says you can't park it on the street in front of your house (which you can't do in Torrance). The only "can'ts" are that you cannot block the sidewalk (or the easment of where the sidewalk should go) and you cannot park it on a street with a "For Sale" sign on it.

Other than that, it looks like you're GTG!!!

Old 10-26-2011, 03:10 PM
VONxRUBENxLA
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by barthel
Ruben,

I perused the Lomita Municipal Code. Here's a link.

Municode - Search

Mind you, I didn't dive neck deep in it but I did give it a good "looking over". Not only is there nothing there that would prevent you from parking a trailer in your driveway, there is also nothing that says you can't park it on the street in front of your house (which you can't do in Torrance). The only "can'ts" are that you cannot block the sidewalk (or the easment of where the sidewalk should go) and you cannot park it on a street with a "For Sale" sign on it.

Other than that, it looks like you're GTG!!!
YOU ARE THE MAN!!

Old 10-26-2011, 03:43 PM
turbohunter
Postmaster
Good deal. 'cause I saw Santa Clarita and thought thats where you needed it.

Old 10-26-2011, 03:45 PM
VONxRUBENxLA
Elder User
Originally Posted by turbohunter
Good deal. 'cause I saw Santa Clarita and thought thats where you needed it.
no we were looking at one and the guy had it posted in south bay and said we could leave it at the storage its at right now for $120/month but it was in santa clarita

Old 10-26-2011, 04:12 PM
VONxRUBENxLA
Elder User
hey Jay is this the one where it should make it ok for me to park it?

Sec. 8-1.04. - Parking for certain purposes regulated.

(a)
Prohibited. No person shall park any type of motor vehicle and/or attached trailer upon a roadway, parkway, street, public right-of-way, or parking lot for the purpose of:

(1)
Displaying such vehicle for sale; or

(2)
Greasing or repairing such vehicle except repairs necessitated by an emergency; or

(3)
Being occupied or used as a dwelling unit.

(b)
Restriction on advertising. No person shall suspend, place or attach any advertising sign on the exterior of a vehicle parked upon a public street, but the foregoing shall not be deemed to apply to any sign painted directly upon or permanently affixed to the body or an integral part or fixture of a vehicle for permanent decor, identity or display, and which does not extend beyond the overall width or height of such vehicle.

(c)
Penalty. The violation of any provision of this section is declared to be an infraction and shall be punishable by a twenty-five dollar ($25.00) fine.

Pursuant to sections 22651(i) and 22651.3 of the Vehicle Code of the State of California, if any vehicle has been issued five (5) or more notices of violation for the same offense under this section and the owner or person in control of such vehicle has not responded, the vehicle may be impounded until that person furnishes to the impounding agency evidence of his or her identity and an address within this state at which he or she can be located and satisfactory evidence that bail has been deposited for all notices of parking violations issued for the vehicle.

The vehicle shall be released to the legal owner or person in control of the vehicle if that person pays the cost of towing and storing the vehicle and submits evidence of payment of outstanding fines for the infractions.

Old 10-26-2011, 04:17 PM
barthel
Elder User
One of them. There is another section about parking on front and side yards. Basically what it says is that you can't park a vehicle on your lawn.

It should be in the same section as the one you posted.

Old 10-26-2011, 04:20 PM
VONxRUBENxLA
Elder User
One of them. There is another section about parking on front and side yards. Basically what it says is that you can't park a vehicle on your lawn.

It should be in the same section as the one you posted.

yes i read that as well. so as long at you arent doing maintance posting it for sale or using it for living it could be in your driveway no matter what just as long as its not on your lawn

Old 10-26-2011, 04:23 PM
barthel
Elder User
That's the one. The only thing it doesn't cover is if you have an HOA where you live. As long as you're not under an HOA, you're good.

Old 10-26-2011, 04:26 PM
VONxRUBENxLA
Elder User
That's the one. The only thing it doesn't cover is if you have an HOA where you live. As long as you're not under an HOA, you're good.

no we dont have any HOA that i am aware of im sure if we did they would have let us know when we had a 55 caddy that didnt run or anything in the driveway for 4+ months

Old 10-26-2011, 04:27 PM
barthel
Elder User
Then you're GTG!