1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Describe your dream truck!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 10:34 PM
TRENT310
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Crew cab long bed super duty with cloth split bench seats and vinyl floor, XL or XLT trim, Z1 white paint, diesel engine, driven front axle (as in 4x4), locking rear axle, max suspension, upfitter switches, 200A alternator, integrated brake controller. Oh wait, it looks like I've turned that dream into a reality.

I guess I will need a new goal. International TerraStar (I guess that's what the MXT/CXT/RXT series evolved into)... just like a F-550 but more medium-duty-esque instead of being a large pickup chassis (impacts serviceability in the way that it's whether or not everything is shoehorned in or laid out and easy to access). Reasonably affordable, same price range as the aforementioned F-550. MaxxForce 7 almost identical to the Powerstroke branded 6.4L which is a pre-DEF design. Flatbed or dry van body.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:40 PM
Kajtek1
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 10-11-2011, 11:24 PM
jc8825
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As far as semi-new, mine would be a 2000-2001 F-350 XL, regular cab, 4x4, 7.3 diesel, ZF6, manual transfer case, black with gray interior, vinyl bench seat, vinyl floor, crank windows, manual locks, etc.

Ideally, it would be a 1959 F-250, F29, 4x4, 292 V8, manual transmission, black, all original with no updates or modernization.

Old 10-12-2011, 02:48 AM
hotroddsl
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Kajtek1

Only Kaj! Only Kaj!

Old 10-12-2011, 02:52 AM
hotroddsl
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
See signature
b
e
l
o
w

Jim & fat Monty

Old 10-12-2011, 06:04 AM
m350
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would have to say, 06' F-350, 4x4, kingpin front axle(like on a 89'-91' F-350),manual hubs and transfer case, Cummins 12 Valve with around 400 HP,(maybe a 24 valve,,not as loud), TS Trans, selectable lockers front and rear, 4" lift with 35-37" tires,,,,oh and me about 20 years younger !!

Old 10-12-2011, 04:57 PM
Kajtek1
Postmaster
Originally Posted by hotroddsl
Only Kaj! Only Kaj!
Yeah babe. Can you picture that in your rear view mirror?

Old 10-12-2011, 05:18 PM
ken kenmnedy
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by barthel
The one in my driveway!

yea what he said

Old 10-12-2011, 05:21 PM
Fosters
Fleet Mechanic
Long bed, v10, DOHC heads (I know Ford has some somewhere off the various prototypes), but with TI-VCT, direct injection, and the new 6R140 tranny, with 4.30 gears. All black and 05-07 front end, no chrome. Either regular cab or crew cab, leaning towards regular, but I'm biased.

In the real world, a crew cab unimog, or a single rear axle/single wheel deuce and a half. Or the pickup version of the Hummer H1. Or an iceland ontrack excursion.

Dammit, I have automotive ADD.

Old 10-12-2011, 06:10 PM
2003 f-250
Senior User
I would want my truck based upon my experience with myoldest brothers old truck (2001 dodge cummins).

I would settle for a common rail, but would prefer a vp pump'd 24 valve 5.9 cummins running @ 700 wheel hp, cylinders o ringed, next bigger than stock charger, 100+ hp injecotrs, edge programmer so I can play or tow depending on my mood, a clutch that would hold the hp and still be able to drive on the road (reason he sold his truck was b/c he was tired of buying clutches......double disc clutches get expensive if you have to do it again!). behind this I'd want a manual 6sp, I believe it's a NV5600. I would stuff this into a 2003-2006 ford F350 cab and a half short bed, but I wouldn't turn down a reg cab long bed. Windows tinted to 30%. XLT interior, except I want a vinyl/rubber floor (NO CARPET!). I like the 8 hole aluminum ford rims, so I want those or atleast look alikes. Then I would have the old BFG mud terrains, but since they don't make them anymore I would have to settle for Cooper STT's. I would like silver color, but at this point I really wouldn't be too picky. BTW, I wouldn't want stacks in the short bed.....maybe dual 5" stacks if I have the reg cab long bed... but doubtful. Then I'd want a B&W gooseneck hitch and a B&W bumper with a cushion hitch. Next, I would want the frame painted instead of the crap that ford uses. Then, I think that I'd want the bed lined w/ rhino liner. I think that's about it....

Oh, I forgot manual hubs and 4x4 shifter on the floor.

One can always dream can't they??

Last edited by 2003 f-250; 10-12-2011 at 06:43 PM. Reason: bc i can??
Old 10-12-2011, 06:37 PM
Gordon-0
Senior User
i'll take a metallic grey 6.0 with a 6 speed and manual 4x4, manual hubs, extended cab, short bed, or long bed really, it doesnt matter.
05-07 chrome grille and 08+ towing mirrors. give me a step tailgate with the "superduty" embossed in.
grey cloth interior with 40-20-40 bench up front. (i like being able to take passengers)
since im a simple kinda guy, i want to keep my XL rubber floor, more durable, less cleaning, and i dont care about muddy boots

riding on 19.5 wheels and 265 19.5 traction tires.
give her a 2-4" lift and call it a day

thats about it really

of course im tempted to say i want a truck thats 15' tall to navigate around during the floody season around here, but i think that with some re-located breathers and baffles around the air intake, a nearly stock height truck will be OK

Old 10-12-2011, 06:44 PM
Gordon-0
Senior User
Originally Posted by 92f150I6
Rust free 79 F250 Ranger reg cab long bed. fuel injected 460 power, manual trans with over drive, 4X4, small lift with 35's on 16" wheels.
UGH, why did i read your post HAHA
i change my mind, i need another truck now.
79 F250 EC 4X4 Long Bed, swapped in V10 and 6 speed, 35-37s and minimum lift to clear

go ahead, have yours with the v10 too, its a dream lol

Old 10-12-2011, 06:50 PM
cobra11
Freshman User
brand new F350 king ranch 4X4 super cab dark blue

Old 10-12-2011, 07:01 PM
Old Reliable
Senior User
I edit my dream now: How about a fortune and garage big enough to have everything that I dream of?

Old 10-12-2011, 07:52 PM
Hybris
Posting Guru
Hybris's Dream Rig

Where to start...

F550 Crew Cab with the 200" wheelbase converted to 6x6 with a 6 speed transfer case not including neutral (6x6Crawl, 6x6Lo, 6x6hi, 6x4Crawl, 6x4lo, 6x4hi).

It would have to be powered by a engine of my own design in this case a 24L V12 QuadTurbo Muliti-Fuel diesel with a 12 speed dual clutch transmission and a split differentials all around (3.08 for cruising 4.56 for ripping out the road ).

I would have custom designed E-lockers that would act as a LSD in most cases with option of being forced into full lock if needed. The axles themselves would be special Dana Custom rated for 80,000lbs per an axle.

The suspension would be be SFA up front with dual coil-overs and in the back would normal leaf springs with 4 shocks per axle and a hydraulic piston that would contract and force the bed of the truck down all the way to the bump stops to aid in loading cargo in the bed and act as a load leveling system if need be.

The brakes would actually be mounted about 2 inches inside of the of the axle away from the tires so I could run a 25 inch brake rotor with dual 8 pot calipers and still run my 18 inch Black Titanium-Tungsten wheels.

The tires on said wheels would be Goodyear Duratrac N Load Rated, M+S + Severe Snow rated 405/85/18.

The body would be fairly normal save for twin carbon fiber snorkels running up the A-pillar, Dual 5 inch big rig style stacks (vertical muffler mainly) with dual exits that are mounted between the cab and the bed.
The space remaining would be used as a small cab accessible lock box that would serve also as the middle mounting point for a head ache rack that would have 5 Delta tech 250 driving lights on top with 2 more pointing into the bed in addition to the factory third brake light and cab lights.

The bed would be take up the rest of the rear of the truck so just guessing it would be probably a 10 foot bed with a hydraulically powered hidden fifth wheel hitch that when hidden is virtually invisible to the unsuspecting eye. Of course I would have the bed Line-X'ed heavily.

The bumpers would both be modified Ranch Hands Line-X'ed black with the Front bumper sporting a 25,000 lb front hitch receiver, a Model 100 DP Winch, two 80,000 lb 5 inch tow loops, 4 6 inch KC lights mounted in the bumper itself with another 5 Delta Tech 250 Fog Lights mounted just above the Winch housing.

The Rear bumper
would have again 4 6 inch KC lights in the bumper to act as reverse lights, two 80,000 lb 5 inch tow loops, and hidden behind the license plate another which like the one up front, and the bumper hitch would be a custom 50,000 lb pintle combo hitch with swappable ***** from 1 7/8" to 3"+.

The interior finally would actually be simple. Up front you have a F650 style dash with the needed overhead switches all done in carbon fiber with a full array of gauges on the A-pillar. Black cloth Captains chairs with a 4 point racing style harness, the back seats would be 40/Console/40 with the mentioned access to the lock box that is between the stacks and the front of the bed. A 10,000 watt 750amp inverter would be standard.

The radio if you could call it that would actually be more like a cockpit screen like a F-22 Raptor that would in addition to controlling the carefully tuned for sound quality 1000w 8 speaker sound system, would feature a forward scanning Infrared HUD or the Light amplification HUD, real time diagnostics for every possible system in the truck Fluids, Tires, Electrical, Trouble codes and possible fixes with links to sticky-ed FTE topics that apply to your problem, and you can store 10 custom tunes.

The tunes are for the most part your normal custom or boxed SCT, DP, Bulldog type tunes but you can also choose the Mr.Tuner feature which you just tell the computer what general idea of a tune you want max Economy or Power etc... and it will actively adjust all the possible setting to meet that idea and if one of the other 10 tunes will work best then it will automatically switch to that tune.

Now the last bit Protection since every Prius driving, hippy acting, "MAN"-protester will be literally gunning for you the doors have composite Ceramic plates impregnated with a unique Carbon Nano-tube that is filled with alternating Tungsten-Titanium Alloy molecules for added ballistic performance and weight savings. The windows are made out of Aluminum oxynitride "glass" with the same Nano-tube reinforcement save for the alternating metals inside the tubes and as a small bonus this tints the windows about 10% and gives them mild polarizing abilities. These alone should stop up to a .50 cal rifle round at 100 yards.

The frame features High Carbon steel with Filled Nano-tube reinforcement which offer lifetime corrosion resistance by the way which coupled with the full cab air bag system, a lack of crumple zones and the big *** bumpers will mean a 5 star crash test rating against everything short of a locomotive.

The dual 100 gallon diesel tanks featuring fire extinguishers along with the rest of the undercarriage are shielded by the same 2.5 inch composite ceramic plates in the doors now acting as skid plates.
Lastly all the advanced electronics are completely shielded against water, dust, and EMP.

The truck would be either Bright Race Red or Matte Black.

As everyone can tell I have spent many a long winter's day at the U-Haul where I work shoveling snow and dreaming of what I wish I had.

Now if only I could find someone willing to give me a government grant to build this thing...

By the way I think I found the bottom of the deep end.

Quick Reply: Describe your dream truck!