Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-10-2012, 09:35 AM
Junior User

nstubbert is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have been experiencing my windows and radio not working more often since the outside temperature has increased. I live in Maine and only experienced the problem a few times from November to May. Now that the days are getting warmer the problem is occurring more frequently. It really stinks to get into a 90 degree vehicle and not be able to roll down the windows. Is there anybody who experiences an increased frequency with this problem when the temperature increases? If so, what would cause this problem to occur more often when it's warm?
Old 06-11-2012, 01:12 PM
Senior User

luxury is starting off with a positive reputation.
Take a look at this thread: http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/75...ml#post7790815
Old 06-20-2012, 08:26 PM
Junior User

HOME WORKS is starting off with a positive reputation.
OK, good news is I got my instrument cluster back yesterday and installed. Only drove to the store and back (5 miles) but everything works. And only cost $235.00
Probably won't be driving it again until the weekend to really get to check it out but I'll let you know if all is good.
2003 Eddie Bauer, 6.0 Banks Six Gun, MBRP 4" turbo-back with cat.,Zoodad air mod, Pillar mount AutoMeter Cobalt boost & egt gauges, Nitto NT420S 305/50R20 tires on 20x10 American Eagle 114's, matching tint front windows, 2005 grill, XM radio
Old 07-01-2012, 10:44 AM
New User

JIMBOEX is starting off with a positive reputation.
Power window and radio problem

I just had my cluster repaired on thursday and everything is working great.The tech said there were some solder problems and he also replaced the power saver relay all for $200.00.
Old 07-01-2012, 12:58 PM
is a BAAAD MAN

Jmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputation
What does it involve to remove the instrument cluster? I have this problem and have followed this thread but too lazy to look back to see where it is
Old 07-01-2012, 04:45 PM
Elder User

bgalaxy67 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Has anyone checked the ground in the wire loom ? It is on the drivers side behind the 2nd row seatbelt. When I pulled everything to put sound deadner in the truck, I did not hook it back up and had lost power to a great number of things.
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/69...reo-build.html
Old 07-01-2012, 06:40 PM
Post Fiend

Snowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalaxy67 View Post
Has anyone checked the ground in the wire loom ? It is on the drivers side behind the 2nd row seatbelt. When I pulled everything to put sound deadner in the truck, I did not hook it back up and had lost power to a great number of things.

Grounds are normally a good place to start looking. Is this ground on the inside (center) of the truck by the latch, or is it by the pillar where the actual seat belt and its ratchet mechanism is? I'd like to check mine if its not a huge ordeal.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:25 PM
Freshman User

travs66 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
inkd_uppp
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMBOEX View Post
I just had my cluster repaired on thursday and everything is working great.The tech said there were some solder problems and he also replaced the power saver relay all for $200.00.
If it is just solder problems can the cluster be pulled and a heat gun used to "re-solder"? Much like can be done with the circuit board of a PS3.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:13 PM
Elder User

bgalaxy67 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowseeker View Post
Grounds are normally a good place to start looking. Is this ground on the inside (center) of the truck by the latch, or is it by the pillar where the actual seat belt and its ratchet mechanism is? I'd like to check mine if its not a huge ordeal.
It's on the c pillar close to the 3rd row pocket. I happen to have my interior pulled right now, so i will snap a pic of it tonight.
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/69...reo-build.html
Old 08-19-2012, 09:11 PM
Senior User

shaferz is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMBOEX View Post
Can you post info on the shop that did this for you? I need the same fix!

Thanks!
Old 08-24-2012, 05:40 PM
Junior User

So you think this problem is due to a faulty ground? I am still experiencing problems with mine, but I have learned to live with it. If it is just a bad ground can you post some pictures on here for all of us to see where and how to fix it? Thanks in advance.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:26 AM
Post Fiend

Snowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputation
It seems to be different causes for different people. I still haven't had the problem return with mine since I removed and played with the under dash relays (mainly the "delayed accessory relay").
Old 08-26-2012, 08:24 AM
Junior User

I removed all of the relays and cleaned them off and put them back and still the problem persists. I wish somebody could come up with a solution to this problem.
Old 08-26-2012, 03:05 PM
New User

Gazoo is starting off with a positive reputation.
Replaced everything but the cluster-no luck

I have an '03 with a 7.3. I have had the same problem for two years. I am leaning toward a delay relay in the cluster. I would like to hear back fron the two guys that changed thier clusters.

My problem, specifically, the windows, radio, map/reading lights (on sides, not dome) and the glove box light all stop working. Mine come back on whenever; from 30 seconds to 10 minutes. After two years there is no pattern and this has happened 500 times. Warm/cold, accel/decel, headlights on/off; no pattern can be detected.

All my grounds, that I can find, are clean and tight. The only strange/different thing with my truck is the battery light comes on and off recently and a volt meter shows 13.1v at idle. So, I am getting a false error message when the light is on.

There are 10,000 posts, on numerous sites, on this problem and I cannot believe nobody has a conclusive fix. I am going to change my cluster with a junkyard one and see if that works. I can do that for free (have one on the shelf)and in less than 30 minutes. I will let you know. My problem happens more than once a day.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:24 PM
Junior User

Please keep us posted on your progress with changing out the cluster. Can you take some photos and post them for all of us to see who aren't very mechanically inclined? Thanks
Old 08-29-2012, 01:24 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs

Tags
2003, 60, dash, diesel, electrical, electronics, excursion, ford, interior, lights, power, problem, radio, start, trans, windows, working