Campgrounds

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 11:53 AM
Muddy 13
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Campgrounds

I saw the posting for folks to show off their camping units. I also saw some amazing backgrounds in these pictures. So why not start a thread on Favorite Campgrounds.

I'll go First. Pettibone Campground. Lacrosse,Wi Right on the Mississippi River. Quiet, Playground for the kids, good enough to keep a 9 yr old happy. Sunsets are great, Bugs+++.

Old 08-29-2011, 11:59 AM
powerstroke72
Super Moderator
Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts
Great idea! While you're at it, why not include pictures and some links to the websites of the campgrounds, if they have a website.

Old 08-29-2011, 12:31 PM
Muddy 13
Freshman User
Old 08-29-2011, 02:33 PM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,417 Likes on 1,012 Posts
No pictures right now but probably our favorite is Otter lake in the Poconos of PA.

Otter Lake Camp Resort - Welcome.

Two pools, private lake, sports games, movie nite, tennis courts. Lots of good stuff for the family.

Old 08-29-2011, 03:06 PM
Muddy 13
Freshman User
My wife and daughter stayed in the poconos at some resort. They said it was awesome!

Old 08-30-2011, 10:26 PM
Ford350R
Freshman User
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
My favorite place would be a tough question.

Maybe start with Taylor Park Co.

More Taylor Park

Bonanza Co was another really good spot

Mushroom Gulch another favorite place

Another Mushroom Gulch Mt Princeton in the background

We were packed in there pretty tight this time

My camper has never been to any place that has a full hook up, much less what would be considered a level pad.

Mike

Old 08-31-2011, 03:25 PM
roostercrows
Elder User
Mike, I think theres a problem with your pics.....they are supposed to be mine!!! Your living my dream! lol
Those are some amazing locations. One day I'll post pics like that, one day....

Awesome idea for a thread guys!

Old 08-31-2011, 06:22 PM
Gearitis
Elder User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Our favorite campground is in Southwestern Colorado. Hard to beat Taylor Park, but Priest Gultch is a good one. The Delores River runs right thru it and you camp on either side.

Welcome to Priest Gulch Campground Along the Dolores River

Old 08-31-2011, 11:13 PM
IDIDieselJohn
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Wow Ford350! Fantastic shots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got a ton of pics, I'll dig up some good ones tomorrow, getting late.

Old 09-18-2011, 01:15 AM
powerstroke72
Super Moderator
Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts
It's now a sticky

I revisited this thread a little while ago and thought it would be nice to sticky it for a while so maybe more folks would see it. Great pics and information folks.......keep 'em coming!

Old 09-18-2011, 10:54 AM
Ford350R
Freshman User
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Gearitis
Our favorite campground is in Southwestern Colorado. Hard to beat Taylor Park, but Priest Gultch is a good one. The Delores River runs right thru it and you camp on either side.

Welcome to Priest Gulch Campground Along the Dolores River
That looks like a nice place I may have to investigate that further. That's not an overly easy area to get to, its certainly not a day drive there and back. Maybe find somewhere in the forest we don't stay in campgrounds but I guess if we did that would be a very nice one. Find a large open meadow circle the wagons and call it home for few days.

Old 09-20-2011, 01:30 PM
bigjr2
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I got to say mines Herman MO not a great camp ground ok its really just a city park with full hook ups but there a 7 winery's and a brewery within 2 miles of it heck one within walking distance or stumbling distance

Old 09-20-2011, 03:32 PM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,098 Likes on 998 Posts
Stumble back, not to.

Old 09-25-2011, 07:48 AM
Gearitis
Elder User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ford350R
That looks like a nice place I may have to investigate that further. That's not an overly easy area to get to, its certainly not a day drive there and back. Maybe find somewhere in the forest we don't stay in campgrounds but I guess if we did that would be a very nice one. Find a large open meadow circle the wagons and call it home for few days.

Its really not hard to get to. Just go to Cortez, CO and head up thru Delores and towards Telluride. It is on the right hand side. The road is good and wide. This park is past Stoner and a lot of the Fulltimers go from Southern Arizona for the winter and here for the summer. Fishing is great as you can go 20 miles up the road to Lizard Head Pass and fish in Trout lake. This lake is just 2 miles from a Nat'l Forest Campground... Here is a pic of Trout Lake, elevation over 10k..the guy in the pick was a great friend and we traveled here every fall to Elk hunt and fish for many years. Since this pic was taken, he has since passed.

I have never failed to get a mess of Trout from this lake and I have fished this lake many, many times.

Attached Images  
Old 09-25-2011, 08:11 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,417 Likes on 1,012 Posts
Originally Posted by Gearitis
Its really not hard to get to. Just go to Cortez, CO and head up thru Delores and towards Telluride. It is on the right hand side. The road is good and wide. This park is past Stoner and a lot of the Fulltimers go from Southern Arizona for the winter and here for the summer. Fishing is great as you can go 20 miles up the road to Lizard Head Pass and fish in Trout lake. This lake is just 2 miles from a Nat'l Forest Campground... Here is a pic of Trout Lake, elevation over 10k..the guy in the pick was a great friend and we traveled here every fall to Elk hunt and fish for many years. Since this pic was taken, he has since passed.

I have never failed to get a mess of Trout from this lake and I have fished this lake many, many times.
May have just found my next summer destination...I haven't been to the western slope in some time.

Quick Reply: Campgrounds