Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WOW! Saw this down the street...

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 08:44 PM
Nickk97tml
More Turbo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
honestly, If had money to blow, I would do that exact same thing to my truck. Then buy some new ecoboost or something as a daily driver haha

ohh and see those black letters on the front? yep its street legal. lmao.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:02 PM
KevinGnWV
The village idiot.

Originally Posted by Nickk97tml
honestly, If had money to blow, I would do that exact same thing to my truck. Then buy some new ecoboost or something as a daily driver haha

ohh and see those black letters on the front? yep its street legal. lmao.
Might be legal but averaging about 5 mpg, not practical. If money was not an issue, why not if that's what you like. It's just not what I like

Old 08-15-2011, 09:08 PM
Nickk97tml
More Turbo
Originally Posted by KevinGnWV
Might be legal but averaging about 5 mpg, not practical. If money was not an issue, why not if that's what you like. It's just not what I like
I was thinkin that or a stupid fast 2011 Shelby

Old 08-15-2011, 09:44 PM
ChristopherN
Elder User
Dude if I had cash to blow, I'd get all the body rust fixed, and get my truck re painted with the factory MK twilight blue paint, get the best 302 from Ford Racing, get an automatic transmission, driveshaft, and diff that will handle the power, better wheels with the 275/60/15 tire size I have now, fix the interior plastics so they don't rub and creak, upgrade the suspension, and remove the speed limiter.

After that I'll keep it as my road trip/honda/mitsubishi/nissan beater.

Automatic for driver ease. I've driven manuals and while fun, gets old.

What does the guy do with the monster truck? Run over people who park in front of his house?

Old 08-15-2011, 09:50 PM
KevinGnWV
The village idiot.

I was thinkin that or a stupid fast 2011 Shelby
Now see, that's the thing that gets people into trouble right there. You might have enough to buy that nice new truck or shelby, but people fail to calculate in the cost of ownership. Fuel, maintenance, insurance, taxes, tickets lol.

It's nice to dream, we all do it, and some of us are lucky enough to have dreams come true. For me, my dream would be to make the truck I have custom done for me. That way there's only one. And i won't be accused of compensating for any um...shortcomings lol.

None the less, for whatever reason that guy built that truck, from what you can see in the picture, it looks nice and looks like he did it right. The trouble is, I'd be afraid to get the thing in any mud, defeating the purpose altogether.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:02 PM
Nickk97tml
More Turbo
Now see, that's the thing that gets people into trouble right there. You might have enough to buy that nice new truck or shelby, but people fail to calculate in the cost of ownership. Fuel, maintenance, insurance, taxes, tickets lol.

It's nice to dream, we all do it, and some of us are lucky enough to have dreams come true. For me, my dream would be to make the truck I have custom done for me. That way there's only one. And i won't be accused of compensating for any um...shortcomings lol.

None the less, for whatever reason that guy built that truck, from what you can see in the picture, it looks nice and looks like he did it right. The trouble is, I'd be afraid to get the thing in any mud, defeating the purpose altogether.
Originally Posted by ChristopherN
Dude if I had cash to blow, I'd get all the body rust fixed, and get my truck re painted with the factory MK twilight blue paint, get the best 302 from Ford Racing, get an automatic transmission, driveshaft, and diff that will handle the power, better wheels with the 275/60/15 tire size I have now, fix the interior plastics so they don't rub and creak, upgrade the suspension, and remove the speed limiter.

After that I'll keep it as my road trip/honda/mitsubishi/nissan beater.

Automatic for driver ease. I've driven manuals and while fun, gets old.

What does the guy do with the monster truck? Run over people who park in front of his house?
Im afraid, we can only dream

Old 08-15-2011, 10:41 PM
bladez51
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, you sound like a dude that has "been there done that"... Back when I was working and pulling down a nice salary, I bought my '09 Vette. It's really nice and "stupid fast". I enjoy driving it and owning it. However, now that I'm retired (not totally by choice), I have to swallow hard each year on my birthday when the ad-valorem tax comes due. And getting a set of tires for that puppy almost requires a home equity line of credit ... Amazingly enough, fuel and insurance are not worse than my wife's Maxima. Still, cost of ownership and maintenance can eat you alive. That's one reason I don't have a 911

Old 08-15-2011, 10:53 PM
KevinGnWV
The village idiot.

Originally Posted by bladez51
Man, you sound like a dude that has "been there done that"... Back when I was working and pulling down a nice salary, I bought my '09 Vette. It's really nice and "stupid fast". I enjoy driving it and owning it. However, now that I'm retired (not totally by choice), I have to swallow hard each year on my birthday when the ad-valorem tax comes due. And getting a set of tires for that puppy almost requires a home equity line of credit ... Amazingly enough, fuel and insurance are not worse than my wife's Maxima. Still, cost of ownership and maintenance can eat you alive. That's one reason I don't have a 911
Been there, done it, and have seen it time and time again. My two siblings are perfect examples. To keep from going into a very long story, my brother and sister inherited the same amount as I did. They both are broke, one filed bankruptcy and both pay rent on something they will never own. They both had to sell the new cars they bought, and my brother sold a Harley at a substantial loss. For years they tried to borrow money from me and while I did help some, it wasn't much. I felt sorry for their children but not them.

My wife's family is huge. She's the youngest of nine kids and every single one of them have great paying jobs, brand new cars and trucks, homes in rich neighborhoods the whole nine yards. Yet they all struggle with money and all but one is on the verge of foreclosure. One has already lost her home to the bank.

Yeah I blew a lot of money I wish I had back but then again, losing what I did taught me to live within my means and take care of what I have. It also gave me very strong work ethics.

The funny thing is, every one of them, my siblings as well as my wife's are miserable. Marriages broken the whole deal.

Man, we have gone wayyyyy LOL.

Old 08-15-2011, 11:52 PM
Elderstarr
Senior User
Leaf & Coil springs in the front... I'm sure the ride is great.

How does he steer? Hydro on the back of the axle?

Old 08-16-2011, 04:21 AM
Jax Rhapsody
Junior User
Yeah I was positive that was a 97 or 98
You sure thats not the new f100?

Old 08-16-2011, 07:01 AM
KevinGnWV
The village idiot.

Originally Posted by Jax Rhapsody
You sure thats not the new f100?
Can't be. There's no Hydrostatic Flourodampers on it.

Old 08-17-2011, 02:39 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
That's a pretty bada$$ truck, but what I don't like is where he got the money to build it. Sure, he had a work related injury or whatever, but really? Sue for so much money that you can fix the injury plus build a $20k+ mud truck that you can't even use b/c it overheats all the time and still have plenty of money left over? I'm sure he's happy, but that money has to come from somewhere. Other people are probably working their a$$es off to pay for him to build that truck and whatever else he has. Props on a bada$$ truck though. I'd love to have one like it.

Old 08-17-2011, 03:56 PM
White 97 xlt
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yes it looks like a decent truck and I'm sure it would be fun.. My problem is how he got the money to build it also.. If he actually "IS" disabled and can't work and blows his money on this sort of stuff, it will be you and me keeping the taxes paid so he can get his welfare check to meet living expenses..

I don't know him or even know anything about him except what was posted here... I hope I am wrong and he has good sense enough to provide for his needs in the future..

Old 08-17-2011, 10:54 PM
Nickk97tml
More Turbo
Originally Posted by strokin'_tatsch
That's a pretty bada$$ truck, but what I don't like is where he got the money to build it. Sure, he had a work related injury or whatever, but really? Sue for so much money that you can fix the injury plus build a $20k+ mud truck that you can't even use b/c it overheats all the time and still have plenty of money left over? I'm sure he's happy, but that money has to come from somewhere. Other people are probably working their a$$es off to pay for him to build that truck and whatever else he has. Props on a bada$$ truck though. I'd love to have one like it.
In canada, healthcare is free-of-charge

Old 08-17-2011, 11:05 PM
KevinGnWV
The village idiot.

In canada, healthcare is free-of-charge
Nothing is free. You pay for it one way or another.

Quick Reply: WOW! Saw this down the street...