Texas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: LibTimothy

Whatcha ya working on thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 09:29 AM
itsnotanova
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whatcha ya working on thread

I'm a guy who likes to build or work on stuff and I got a feeling there's a few of you who like getting your hands dirty too. I wanted to start this thread so we could share in our projects. It can be anything from rebuilding a toaster to putting a supercharged, nitrous injected, big block into your cobra, or even siding on the side of your house. If you can sit back and take pride in what you're doing. Take a picture and post it here. Heck, even if you need an opinion on something, post that here too.

Well, to start this off I'll show you my main project I'm currently working on. It will be a portable BBQ/smoker grill. When I'm done you will be able to smoke a brisket, bake a pizza, grill hamburgers and cook fajitas on the stainless steel flat top all at the same time. You can't see it from this pic, but on one side is a sealed oven and the other is a large area for smoking. The side closest is were the firewood goes with the cleanout. Above that is the 1/2 inch stainless flat grill and on top is were you would grill/smoke hamburgers or hot dogs. When I get done welding everything, my plan is to get the whole thing sandblasted and then cover the trailer with a deck.

Old 08-01-2011, 07:27 AM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
WOW - nice project !!!

Only thing missing is the AC, as I'm SURE the kitchen sink is in there somewhere !

Old 08-01-2011, 09:33 AM
DRRXR
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Cool beans

Woody
I see you have a unfinished jacuzzi in the back ground. lol

Currently I am building a fishing/boating pier.
Right now I have 9 post drove in and framed and 3 more post to go and then the deck goes on.

When I take some pics, I will post em up.

Old 08-01-2011, 07:39 PM
itsnotanova
Posting Guru
Sounds like we might have match. You have the boat dock and I have the portable smoker/grill. Now we just need someone to build a boat and we'll have a party.lol My little 10ft jonboat probable wouldn't cut it

Old 08-01-2011, 08:01 PM
itsnotanova
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by DRRXR

Woody
I see you have a unfinished jacuzzi in the back ground. lol
If you're talking about the thing under the cover. That's my future future future project. Right now it's a porche 911 mosquito smoker. It's got either a whole in the a piston or the piston rings are broke. When I start it up it looks like one of those smokers that drive around spraying pesticide.

Old 08-01-2011, 08:21 PM
itsnotanova
Posting Guru

It gets worse if I let it run longer and had more oil in it

Old 08-06-2011, 10:04 PM
itsnotanova
Posting Guru

First step toward my 24x36 garage. Putting down some roadbase for extending driveway to it.

Old 08-07-2011, 02:26 PM
DRRXR
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a boat.

Woody
Where did you get that river sand?

Old 08-09-2011, 11:57 AM
BoomerTexas70's
Elder User
Well Im not around down there much (active duty stationed away from home: New Braunfels, TX). Currently I have several projects, but can pruodly say I did complete one.
I build rustic decor for plessure as well as extra cash (so i can invest more into my truckS) and just finished my coffee table for personal use has a big nice blue Texas star in the middle. Another project taking the hitch off the 79 to drill another pin hole, paint, and remount it.
Just started this one yesterday, my GFs parents have a farm here in WI and I been riding someone elses horses which made me start itching for my own. So yesterday to help motivate myself as well as convince her Father to let me board my horse there I started restoring there ole horse pen (not big enough to be a coral).
I have many projects on my ranch at home to be started/completed; finish concrete bagging my pond and dig it out, paint pump/well house, clean out 180'X80' barn, build paint booth in barn, build live stock stalls in barn, repaint livestock trailer; this is just a few. Thanks for listening lol,

Boomer

Old 08-09-2011, 03:34 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
This has been pretty much my only project for the last 2 years... Haven't strayed away from it too much. Pretty sure most everyone has seen it, but in order to bring some life to the Texas chapter, I'll be a picture who*e. LOL

Just finished the suspension last weekend.

Old 08-10-2011, 07:06 PM
itsnotanova
Posting Guru
Rocky, I have 7.5 acres of sand. It drives me nuts because it gets everywhere and every rear wheel drive vehicle gets stuck in it.

Travis, It's been awhile since I checked your build thread on the F150, need to go look. What about the diesel?

Boomer, You sound like me. More projects than time and money allow. Problem for me is this heat we've been getting down here. Hard to get motivated to go outside when it's 107

Old 08-10-2011, 09:47 PM
BoomerTexas70's
Elder User
Originally Posted by itsnotanova
Boomer, You sound like me. More projects than time and money allow. Problem for me is this heat we've been getting down here. Hard to get motivated to go outside when it's 107
Hey man, I feel ya but my problem is I can't even get down there to remember what warth and sun are. lol

Boomer

Old 08-11-2011, 01:54 AM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by itsnotanova
Rocky, I have 7.5 acres of sand. It drives me nuts because it gets everywhere and every rear wheel drive vehicle gets stuck in it.

Travis, It's been awhile since I checked your build thread on the F150, need to go look. What about the diesel?

I'm still buying parts for my diesel build. Been leaving it alone so I don't have any problems daily driving it, but plenty of go fast parts await. I definitely hear ya on the motivation problem. Everytime I want to work on something, I walk outside and just think, "Nahhhh, it's too hot. I'll wait til later when it cools down.". The only problem with that is that it doesn't really cool down all that much. haha

Old 08-11-2011, 07:41 PM
itsnotanova
Posting Guru
That heat is what has got me motivated to start building the garage. I've had two houses that had garages and I soooo miss them.

Old 08-18-2011, 02:55 PM
NtShade
Senior User
When you get your garage done come build one for me lol.
East Texas is hot and humid. We had 112 yesterday. Makes me sick I can't work on my 1948 F2.

Quick Reply: Whatcha ya working on thread