1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Something different for a change

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 11:45 PM
51PanelMan
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Something different for a change

I'm usually tearing trucks parts. This time, however, I did something different and put a truck together. I don't know what's worse, taking one apart or putting one together. My experience in taking these apart definitely helped me put this truck together. However, I still learned a few things that I would do differently in case I need to put another one together. Hardest part was aligning the bed by myself, especially since it had the SBC motor/trans laying inside the bed. I lucked out because I have a ton of extra parts available in order to complete this truck (it didn't need much) and my buddy gave me the wheels/tires (Chevy bolt pattern) for free.

This is the way I bought it several months ago.

After about two weeks of working on it for a few hours each day, this is what it looks like now. The truck is in good shape and mostly complete (missing the lower fenders and original seat, which I don't have in my parts piles).

I still have to clean it up a little, put the hood trim on and take better photos. This one will be for sale soon as I don't have any room to keep it longer.

Old 07-16-2011, 01:36 AM
badger_hound
Laughing Gas
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Looks good!