possible electrical issues?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 01:48 PM
taluslowend
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
possible electrical issues?

Hi
I've got a 2000 f350 v10 auto. I've been experiencing a number of problems. The main issues are hard upshifts and occasionally it seems to loose drive, or go into neutral, while driving. Also, the cruise control quite working. When i turn it on and set it the "cruise" light on the dash just flashes once and then nothing. I had a code for the cam position sensor so I replaced that. I also replace the speed sensor ontop of the rear diff. I dropped it at the Ford dealer today for diagnosis and they just called to tell me that the code for the cam position sensor keeps coming back despite it being a new sensor. They also said the output shaft speed sensor is faulty and my tranfer case shift motor is not working. They tell me that the "going into neutral" symptom is definetely an internal tranny problem and I need a rebuild. Is this true or could that be a sensor related problem? With all these issues happening at the same time I am thinking that may my computer is at fault.

Thanks
Frank

Old 07-15-2011, 06:01 PM
jh818
Cargo Master
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Tranny fluid good and up to level?

Old 07-15-2011, 06:24 PM
taluslowend
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jh818
Tranny fluid good and up to level?
Yes, I changed fliud and filter about 1000 miles ago. Old fluid looked and smelled fine.