Sponsored by: Moser

Good Shops in central IL

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 07:56 PM
76gdmn
Mountain Pass
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Shops in central IL

Who here can recommend anyone who really knows their stuff with these old motors/pickups? I'm tossing around the idea of a rebuild or possibly a motor swap and would like to use someone who has a good track record. I would do it myself as a project but am currently in the process of gutting my house and that is taking up all of my time for now.

I'd prefer not to travel up to Chicago as I am in central IL. But please let me know if there is anyone good in Peoria, Bloomington, Champaign, etc.
Thanks in advance.

Old 07-11-2011, 10:41 PM
Rojak
Posting Guru
We've had good luck with Erickson's Auto Service in Bloomington. You might give them a call. Where are you located? Are you finding many other dent owners in Central IL? If there's anyone out there let me know!

Old 07-12-2011, 06:45 PM
76gdmn
Mountain Pass
I'm also in Bloomington, I'll have to look them up. Heard of them but just through advertisements. Thanks for the tip!

Old 07-12-2011, 07:34 PM
Rojak
Posting Guru
I know they will work on older vehicles. Give them a call and talk to them and see what you think. We've found them to be fair and honest. What motor are you thinking about rebuilding or swapping in?

Old 07-13-2011, 04:21 PM
76gdmn
Mountain Pass
I have the 360 in my hiboy. I don't need anything over the top and just want it to be reliable/leak free. Obviously there are tons of options and I have thought about all of them. If I can get it to quit leaking and run reliably for less than $500, then I will be extremely pleased and won't do anything else to it.

If it needs a rebuild, then i would almost just prefer to put in a reman motor, and at that point I would just want to put a diesel in it. OR something with some serious ***** if I'm going to have the motor pulled anyway.... I think at that point my budget would be around $5-7k.