Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Nor-Cal Tech Day VI, August 13th, Sponsored By RiffRaff Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 08:27 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Nor-Cal Tech Day VI, August 13th, Sponsored By RiffRaff Diesel

This is the next Riffraff Sponsored Tech Day Get-Together in Man Town, AKA Andy's house (Fat Diesel) located in Morgan Hill, CA.

The last few have been great! Pete's been a wrenching dervish, Clay's provided product and wrenching hands, guys have helped each other out, food has been eaten and a few liquid refreshments have even been consumed. Not by Nick though, he's still too young!

Joey from Terminator Engineering has even made it out the last two times and he's brought his World Famous HPOP's with him.

Location is at Andy's house (Fat Diesel). Just look for the brand new, Police Officer attention getting RED, Boss 302 Mustang.

618A Kalana Ave
Morgan Hill 95037

GPS will get you close, but not to the actual house. The house is on the corner of Kalana and Manfre Road.

Off of 101 from Cochrane, take Monterey Highway north to Palm Avenue. Turn left onto Palm and head down to the stop sign at Santa Teresa Boulevard/Hale Avenue. Turn left onto Hale and about a block down, Kalana will be your next right turn. Go all the way down Kalana and the house is on the left side, cyclone fence gate.

Post up what wrenching you plan on doing. If enough people are coming from out of town, we can always do dinner Friday night again at Red Robbin, and possibly breakfast Saturday morning.

Stewart

Old 06-23-2011, 08:31 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
This sounds like a good time to get some boots from Clay and install my "still waiting in the garage" 6.0 intercooler.

Can

you

say

pro

cras

ti

na

tion?

Stewart

Old 06-23-2011, 08:56 PM
Fat Diesel
Logistics Pro

Received 98 Likes on 54 Posts
Game on!

Stewart- Nothing beats the downpipe I've had "curing" on the shelf for over ten years...

Clay- I swear I was about to go buy a bunch of food when my dad rolled in with his radiator draining out... Luckily Chet saved the day with the sausages. MMMM.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:54 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Fat Diesel
Luckily Chet saved the day with the sausages. MMMM.
Oh man, you musta missed Pat's duck he brought!

His marinade was perfect, and the duck was fantastic!

Stewart

Old 06-24-2011, 09:06 AM
Fat Diesel
Logistics Pro

I did miss that... I do remember everyone raving about it though.

This time I'm going to work on MY truck! Still need to get the HPOP gauge wired up.

Old 06-24-2011, 05:08 PM
Riffraff Diesel
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Fat Diesel
I did miss that... I do remember everyone raving about it though.

This time I'm going to work on MY truck! Still need to get the HPOP gauge wired up.
I think this is in your future Andy

Riffraff Diesel: Riffraff Early 99 7.3L Conversion Kit

Old 06-26-2011, 09:49 AM
duck fan
Because racetruck

Received 75 Likes on 53 Posts
I don't think I'll have any personal projects on the calendar for that time. But I will absolutely be there ready to wrench.

Old 06-26-2011, 12:16 PM
Bonanza35
Lead Driver

Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts
Originally Posted by duck fan
I don't think I'll have any personal projects on the calendar for that time. But I will absolutely be there ready to wrench.
You guys are great. Just got back from the last man town and here we are with the next! I've read on here there is a special on 38r's is that true. Please post up, a deal on a already great deal, Hope to be there. Chet

Old 06-26-2011, 07:11 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Clay has 'em for 10% off.

I couldn't resist and pulled the trigger, "borrowing" money from my transmission savings account.

Stewart

Old 06-26-2011, 11:58 PM
Riffraff Diesel
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Bonanza35
You guys are great. Just got back from the last man town and here we are with the next! I've read on here there is a special on 38r's is that true. Please post up, a deal on a already great deal, Hope to be there. Chet
Here you go Chet.

Riffraff Diesel Performance Parts: - On Sale

Old 06-28-2011, 12:34 PM
Bonanza35
Lead Driver

Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts
I also want to thank Chris for the wrenching he did on my truck. Gauges seem fine and thanks to Nick and Chris I got it done. I owe you both. God Bless Chet

Old 06-30-2011, 11:45 AM
A/Ox4
9 ECHO 1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
I'm going to try to make it up! But it might depend on when my classes start up again.

Old 06-30-2011, 07:56 PM
Fat Diesel
Logistics Pro

OFF TOPIC. But since a lot of you guys know my AWESOME old dog Daisy I thought I'd let you know what's going on. She's at the point where she can't really walk without falling down. I've made the decision to take her down and put her to sleep tomorrow. Man that just hurts to type that. She's been my side kick for over 15 years now and even though she's EXCEEDED all expectations and lived much longer than anyone thought I still am a mess over this. She used up 9 lives and then some... jumping out of my Falcon, getting run over completely by a car and then running away, getting reconstructive surgery on her leg, getting bit by a rattlesnake in the driveway, heck I can't even think of all the times she's cheated death!

I figured I could "be a man" about it but them damn tears just keep runnin... Sorry but you're like extended family to me at this point!

Thanks for being such good friends guys. I'm going back out to finish digging a nice deep hole in the shade of two hundred year old oaks where she'll be at peace. Sure am going to miss the old mutt. Marv- I'm sorry you won't get to meet her. It feels to me like you two are old friends though!

This was well over ten years ago but seems like just yesterday. Her favorite thing in the whole world was getting things off the bottom of swimming pools, lakes, and rivers!

YouTube - ‪Daisy Diving.mpg‬‏

Old 06-30-2011, 08:07 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Ah $**t man, I'm sorry.

I'm really glad I got to spoil her one last time with the duck at the last get-together.

I could tell she wasn't getting along too well that last visit.

Truly sorry Andy, she was a good dog.

Stewart

Old 06-30-2011, 08:07 PM
MX_Fyrcaptain
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry to hear that Andy. Daisy is a real good dog. She'll be missed at our Tech Days.

Quick Reply: Nor-Cal Tech Day VI, August 13th, Sponsored By RiffRaff Diesel