Ontario Chapter Join Chapter>, Leader: loudfords

My 95 and maybe soon a 97

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 10:40 AM
Blue69gt
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 95 and maybe soon a 97

Well, we got my F150 running again after it qiut a couple of weeks ago . I had suspected sugar in the gas like the now gone Miata but it seems to be running good. A slight uneven idle and check engine light is going on/off. I took it to a local garage to get a code but none are coming up so they are going to go thru everything under the hood to make sure all is good. They are advising me to replace the steering box , the truck likes to wander alot on the highway so I have given the go ahead ,and they found a broken leaf spring which I will replace myself. Also, I am looking at this 97 LSC ,asking price is 2400$

Old 07-15-2011, 09:49 AM
Blue69gt
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I passed on the LSC, it sold for 600$ more than I was willing to offer. I have a new steering box on the F150 now, huge improvement. After flushing the tank and injectors 4 times and replacing the fuel pump and filter ,it seems to have survived the sugaring ok. I almost traded it in for a 2004 Dodge Ram with a Hemi but decided to stay out of more debt and gamble that it will be ok. So far so good. My 18 year old son just moved in with me and has his eye on it. I can smell burning clutch already. His mother and I divorced when he was 5 so this is so cool for me to spend good time with him before he goes to college in Sept.