1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Whitey Carnage Pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 09:34 PM
superduty4x4
Hotshot
Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts
Whitey Carnage Pics

I had a short break in the weather and decided to get off my bum and I went and snapped some photos of what's left of Whitey.

Old 05-07-2011, 09:50 PM
superduty4x4
Hotshot
Old 05-07-2011, 10:01 PM
14psd
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damn Chase. How did you do that? Snapping an axle is no easy task my friend. You did come out ok right?

Old 05-07-2011, 10:03 PM
bulla
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Oh wow!!! I was in a wreck alot like that. It was my first ps and I hadn't even made the first payment on it. But I walked away with nothing hurt but my pride! Dude your lucky you were driving that tank or it of been worse on your end! Here's to a speedy recovery and all I can say is you must of had the hand of God protecting you. Congrats on your new truck!!

Old 05-07-2011, 10:42 PM
JamesHajek
Postmaster
Chase, are you putting that exhaust on the new truck?

Old 05-07-2011, 10:56 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 126 Likes on 104 Posts
Oh man Chase, I think its safe to say you had your seat belt on or you would have alot more injuries. Sorry about the truck!!

Old 05-08-2011, 12:31 AM
superduty4x4
Hotshot
Originally Posted by 14psd
Damn Chase. How did you do that? Snapping an axle is no easy task my friend. You did come out ok right?
Went through a guard rail and went airborne down a very steep hill, landed about 150ft below the road. I came out mostly OK, I have a compression fracture of my T11 vertebra (right in the middle of your back) but it didn't require surgery, just a specialty brace that I have to wear pretty much all the time but I'm still able to walk, talk, and do other the other stuff a person should be able to do.

Originally Posted by bulla
Dude your lucky you were driving that tank or it of been worse on your end! Here's to a speedy recovery and all I can say is you must of had the hand of God protecting you.
When I called the company that towed it out to see about getting some personal belongings out of it, the guy asked me if I was OK. I told him yes, but I did end up with a compression fracture in my back. His response was "well if you had been driving anything other than that truck you probably wouldn't be talking to me right now" and I have to agree with him.

Originally Posted by JamesHajek
Chase, are you putting that exhaust on the new truck?
Yes I am, the exhaust is one of the few things that came through the ordeal unscathed luckily. It had only been on Whitey about a week or maybe 2 before the accident.

Originally Posted by oldbird1965
Oh man Chase, I think its safe to say you had your seat belt on or you would have alot more injuries. Sorry about the truck!!
I thought I had my seatbelt on, but I did end up with a broken nose and there is a nice face shaped dent in the steering wheel... how that happened I don't know but I'm sure had I not been belted I would definitely have been injured much worse.

Old 05-08-2011, 07:53 AM
F350-6
Post Fiend
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Not even a flat tire? Strange how some things escape damage. How the heck did you get it on a trailer, and how are you going to get it off?

Thanks for the pictures. It's always amazing to see what kind of damage happens after some of the wrecks we hear about. Looks like there's plenty to salvage off whitey. I'd stick the PCM & IDM in the house to keep them dry.

Old 05-08-2011, 07:58 AM
dougbrown
Postmaster
Chase sorry to hear about thus but thank god you are ok. Any plans with the truck?

Old 05-08-2011, 09:22 AM
Fullcrew7.3
Logistics Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WOW! That was some wreck. Very glad to hear your up and mobile. I broke C5 and C6 in my neck and sheared off the disc, etc. a few years ago and required surgery. Not fun. I thought after looking at the pics I'd feel worse about the truck, but honestly, I'm less concerned about it now. Way more about the fact that you're all in one piece.

Old 05-08-2011, 12:19 PM
richdawg
Fleet Mechanic
WOW!!! Chase, the damage your truck sustained is amazing!! You are a very lucky man to have survived that without even more serious injuries. OBS's are tough!!
When are you going to be able to pick up the new one?
Take care and have the best recovery possible.

Old 05-08-2011, 01:39 PM
73cntry
Senior User
Chase very glad to hear you are ok must have a guardian angel watching over you!!!! The wrecker guy is right if it were a half ton truck or anything else you may not have made it.
Glad you are mobile though!!!!

Old 05-08-2011, 04:48 PM
arkredneck
Posting Guru
Glad your ok sorry about the truck I'm guessing obs trucks are tougher than sd?

Old 05-09-2011, 09:57 AM
superduty4x4
Hotshot
Originally Posted by F350-6
Not even a flat tire? Strange how some things escape damage. How the heck did you get it on a trailer, and how are you going to get it off?

Thanks for the pictures. It's always amazing to see what kind of damage happens after some of the wrecks we hear about. Looks like there's plenty to salvage off whitey. I'd stick the PCM & IDM in the house to keep them dry.
The truck was being stored at a Copart yard by my insurance company. They picked it up with a giant loader and plopped it on the trailer. My plan for getting it off the trailer is to sell or pull as many parts as I can off of it, then take whats left to the scrap yard on the trailer and let them unload it.
While I was messing with it on Saturday I could hear a slow air leak on the driver's side front tire at the valve stem, but it seems to have stopped and the tire is still holding air. How I managed to snap a D60 in half and not bend/break a wheel or at least pop a tire off the bead I'll never understand.

Originally Posted by dougbrown
Any plans with the truck?
Its going to get parted out.

Originally Posted by richdawg
When are you going to be able to pick up the new one?
Take care and have the best recovery possible.
I'm hoping to go get the new one this week, if the check from the insurance co. clears the bank in time.

Originally Posted by 73cntry
Chase very glad to hear you are ok must have a guardian angel watching over you!!!!
Originally Posted by dougbrown
Chase sorry to hear about thus but thank god you are ok.
Originally Posted by richdawg
WOW!!! Chase, the damage your truck sustained is amazing!! You are a very lucky man to have survived that without even more serious injuries. OBS's are tough!!
Words can not even begin to express how lucky I feel to be here, much less to be able to function like I should with only a plastic brace for my back. I'm not a highly religious person at all, but there was definitely a higher power involved in this accident.

Old 05-09-2011, 11:15 AM
wildstang
VT Chapter Ldr

Received 138 Likes on 134 Posts
Glad you came out alive and still functioning. Sad about the truck also, another beautiful OBS lost. Was the road slippery and lost control of it? What are you getting for another truck?

Quick Reply: Whitey Carnage Pics