Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > California, Southern Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

California, Southern Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: wpnaes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-05-2011, 10:54 PM
9 ECHO 1
2002 Ford F-250

A/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputation
New Chapter Member

Hows it goin guys. Thought I'd introduce myself and tell a little about my story.

First of I'm a youngin. 18, 19 in June. Im the proud owner of a 2002 XLT F250 with the almighty 7.3. Not many upgrades to it yet but plenty of stuff planned. Nothing too hardcore.

The F250 is a step up from my previous 2005 Lariat F150, which was totaled in an accident a little more than a year ago. Ended up rolling in a ditch and flipping bed-over-cab and walked out with a bruise. Built Ford Tough. I promised never to own another vehicle but Ford again.

I own a local hauling business called Patriot Hauling Services. We do construction clean up, property clean up etc. So thats how the truck gets its dosage of pulling.

I'm studying at my local college in the Paramedic program and am about to wrap up my EMT class here in the next week or so.

So, thats me!
Thanks guys.
- Trey PAA Member #110
"Jaws"- 2002 F250 XLT CrewCab Short Bed 4x4 7.3L
My How-To Video Library
SoCal Chapter Member (Join us HERE)
Old 05-06-2011, 07:31 AM
FTE Administrator
2006 Ford F-250
My Garage

SteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputation
Hi Trey. Thanks for introducing yourself, and welcome to the SoCal chapter.

Looks like you've got the right truck for the job, and FTE's 7.3 forum is a great resource for learning how to keep it happy for a long time.
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 05-06-2011, 11:20 AM
Postmaster
1963 Ford Thunderbird
My Garage

turbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud of
Welcome Trey

'08 Super Duty 6.4, '61 Unibody, '63 T-bird, '66 Mustang
'76 F750 Firetruck, '83 F150, '74 F-1004x4 shrtbx
And not enough time to drive 'em.
Marc
Old 05-06-2011, 02:20 PM
Too old to be too smart
2000 Ford F-350

SpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputation
Welcome aboard.

I've also got a 7.3, in a 350 CC/LB/SRW. I'm in Reseda.

When you have questions and/or problems with the truck, drop by the 7.3 forum (The Brotherhood) and ask away. Lots of very-knowledgeable guys there that really KNOW these trucks!

Oh, and stay away from the stealerships! We have parts sources that have them all beat. Also keep in mind that Gibbs in Oxnard has most parts for your engine, they just come in International boxes with different part numbers on them. But ask the forum guys first!

Pop
Email SpringerPop SpringerPop's F-350
Old 05-06-2011, 04:27 PM
9 ECHO 1
2002 Ford F-250

A/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerPop View Post
Also keep in mind that Gibbs in Oxnard has most parts for your engine, they just come in International boxes with different part numbers on them.
Great tip! I'm about 10 mins from them. I never thought about going there but it makes sense!
- Trey PAA Member #110
"Jaws"- 2002 F250 XLT CrewCab Short Bed 4x4 7.3L
My How-To Video Library
SoCal Chapter Member (Join us HERE)
Old 05-06-2011, 04:56 PM
Too old to be too smart
2000 Ford F-350

SpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputation
As I said, however, be sure to get tha International part number from the forum guys first. Somewhere, we've got a huge spreadsheet floating around that has those conversion part numbers.

Additionally, there is lots of aftermarket stuff that's actually better and cheaper than the originals. O-rings come to mind, especially.

You have to tell the Gibbs guys that you have a T444-e engine, not a Powerstroke. They don't like selling Ford parts!

Pop
Email SpringerPop SpringerPop's F-350
Old 05-06-2011, 04:56 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > California, Southern Chapter