IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
It's Wed.....two before a long weekend

Old 05-25-2011, 11:09 AM
R1_Demon
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks all for the warm welcome back. Much appreciated.

Unfortunately most has been bad since I've been away. A very kind (can you say sarcasm?) hit and run driver took me down on my motorcycle a few weeks ago and my wrist is still messed up. Unfortunately it happened in an area where they could get away without me being able to catch their license plate before they left the scene. ya, I'm NOT happy.

So, I've been off work because I need my hands to work and can't use my wrist at this time. I'm supposed to go in for an MRI this week to find out what is wrong with it and I start with an ortho doctor next week. Ya, not fun. Not to mention, this does affect my photography schedule as well.

So, all in all, everything is screwed up for me right now. Plus, I found out last week that I might be laid off from my job as well. Oh, and lets not forget that I also found out my grandmother has congestive heart failure since February and it might not be much longer.

So, all in all, this has been a pretty f**ked up month for me. Sorry for raining on everyone's parade. Plus, it drives me crazy to try and type because I normally type about 73 words per minute and now I'm typing with one finger/hand. Ya, that drives me CRAZYYYYYY!

Oh and since we are talking about dirt bikes, I used to race a YZ125, YZ250 and a YZ250F. I miss my dirt bikes. They are definitely different than street bikes, that is for sure! Then again, if I'm really bustin' butt on the track, I can get a damn good workout on my street bike (YZF-R1) as well.

Anyway, you all have a very nice weekend. Enjoy the long one.

Mat

Old 05-25-2011, 11:26 AM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Be sure to take whatever helps you through the high winds that are predicted today. Bolt down the barbeque, it could go on for a while.

Old 05-25-2011, 11:28 AM
scottzj
Hangin 10 bra
Hello all. More storms to hit us hard in a few hours and we have a ranking of 9 for tornados! WOW!
TWC's Exclusive TOR:CON index - weather.com

Old 05-25-2011, 11:35 AM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Received 150 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by R1_Demon

Unfortunately most has been bad since I've been away. A very kind (can you say sarcasm?) hit and run driver took me down on my motorcycle a few weeks ago and my wrist is still messed up. Unfortunately it happened in an area where they could get away without me being able to catch their license plate before they left the scene. ya, I'm NOT happy.

So, I've been off work because I need my hands to work and can't use my wrist at this time. I'm supposed to go in for an MRI this week to find out what is wrong with it and I start with an ortho doctor next week. Ya, not fun. Not to mention, this does affect my photography schedule as well.

So, all in all, everything is screwed up for me right now. Plus, I found out last week that I might be laid off from my job as well. Oh, and lets not forget that I also found out my grandmother has congestive heart failure since February and it might not be much longer.

So, all in all, this has been a pretty f**ked up month for me. Sorry for raining on everyone's parade. Plus, it drives me crazy to try and type because I normally type about 73 words per minute and now I'm typing with one finger/hand. Ya, that drives me CRAZYYYYYY!

Oh and since we are talking about dirt bikes, I used to race a YZ125, YZ250 and a YZ250F. I miss my dirt bikes. They are definitely different than street bikes, that is for sure! Then again, if I'm really bustin' butt on the track, I can get a damn good workout on my street bike (YZF-R1) as well.

Mat
Thoughts and prayers for your grandmother, and hope everything works out for you!

Old 05-25-2011, 12:21 PM
R1_Demon
Elder User
Originally Posted by sddesigns
Thoughts and prayers for your grandmother, and hope everything works out for you!
Thanks Steve. I do appreciate that. Very much so.

Scott - Hopefully those tornadoes miss you. It's a shame what has happened so far.

Old 05-25-2011, 12:21 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good Morning Nevada, & Donna
Matt sorry to hear of your misfortunes. I ride a SV650S. It can get crazy out on the street. Las Vegas had a 50% chance of getting killed on a street bike at one time. I never raced dirt bikes but rode the Northern Nevada deserts for many years. I find in the city my dirt experience has saved my butt a few times. Yesterday I was coming out of a shopping center onto a frontage road As I got on it the gavel found its way under my back tire. I was 3/4 throttle. I rode it out. Dirt experience saved the day.

Scott I hope also those storms miss you. I would hate to think we would have to send Donna your direction.
Craig

Old 05-25-2011, 12:26 PM
R1_Demon
Elder User
Craig - I too have found that dirt bike experience has helped me with road experience a time or two. Good to hear it worked out for you. Definitely watch out for all the frickin' nutballs around here. I rode for tens of thousands of miles in CA without a hitch and go figure I get a hit and run here in Las Vegas.

People here just cannot drive and/or don't care. I've lived in and have driven in most every part of the country and this is the worst state/area for drivers anywhere that I have been. That is also why insurance is so darn high here as well.

Be careful out there on that SV. Nice bike BTW.

Old 05-25-2011, 01:17 PM
scottzj
Hangin 10 bra
Originally Posted by kermmydog
Scott I hope also those storms miss you. I would hate to think we would have to send Donna your direction.
Craig
Now that would be a big shame now wouldnt it! hehehe

Old 05-25-2011, 02:37 PM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Hey NV & FTE friends!
Hope your day is great!
It's very windy here - MoundHouse, NV...it's where everyone gets blown!

Old 05-25-2011, 02:43 PM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Originally Posted by R1_Demon

Mat
That sucks about the hit & run accident! I hope your feeling better soon. My thoughts & prayer are with you, your family, & your grandmother. If you ever need someone to talk to...we're always here.

Old 05-25-2011, 02:48 PM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Originally Posted by scottzj
Now that would be a big shame now wouldnt it! hehehe
Originally Posted by kermmydog
Good Morning Nevada, & Donna
Matt sorry to hear of your misfortunes. I ride a SV650S. It can get crazy out on the street. Las Vegas had a 50% chance of getting killed on a street bike at one time. I never raced dirt bikes but rode the Northern Nevada deserts for many years. I find in the city my dirt experience has saved my butt a few times. Yesterday I was coming out of a shopping center onto a frontage road As I got on it the gavel found its way under my back tire. I was 3/4 throttle. I rode it out. Dirt experience saved the day.

Craig
Wow...you should join the Facebook groups I'm on! AMA District 36 Flat Trackers & ThunderBowl Speedway. Check em' out!
As for the storms...I've been trying to get Scott to let me come out & help him in the rescue efforts, but.....

Old 05-25-2011, 02:55 PM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Originally Posted by Bdox
Be sure to take whatever helps you through the high winds that are predicted today. Bolt down the barbeque, it could go on for a while.
Yep...Its-a-blowin'!!! If I have to go anywhere today, I'm taking OLFTHFL so we stay on the road. My 4Runner will get blown all over the place. LOL!
BTW...It was great to see you again. See, she does exsist! Glad you liked her & I'll be keeping my eyes/ears out for a 66 for you.

Old 05-25-2011, 02:58 PM
tiny1
Moderator & CL
Received 308 Likes on 283 Posts
Afternoon Donna, Craig, Scott, Steve and Pat.

Old 05-25-2011, 03:10 PM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Originally Posted by tiny1
Afternoon Donna, Craig, Scott, Steve and Pat.
Hi Neil.
Glad you stopped by. Come visit more often

Quick Reply: May BS Thread