Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The camper thread! Pulling, using, equipment, maintenance!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2016, 08:49 AM
Excurvelle
Cargo Master
Received 224 Likes on 149 Posts
Originally Posted by Country_Mouse
Camping in this without hookups this week during scout daycamp. At least it's close to home so we'll come home for a bit in afternoons.

What! A RV at Scout Camp? A Scoutmasters dream but I always stuck it out in a canvas tent on an air mattress.

Old 06-20-2016, 04:45 PM
Country_Mouse
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Excurvelle
What! A RV at Scout Camp? A Scoutmasters dream but I always stuck it out in a canvas tent on an air mattress.
It's actually a day camp so most go home. A few of us here decided to reserve spots and camp for the week. We came home last night. Just too hot.

Our last family Camp out we had 4 RV'S. It was pretty comical actually. Our kids still slept out in tents (their choice.)

Old 06-21-2016, 09:54 AM
JIMBO_FID
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting prepped for my trip to Astoria Oregon next week. Replaced all my turbo boots including a new aluminum intercooler pipe from PDR Diesel and cleaned my AFE filter. Now I can keep my old set as a spare in the trailer.

Old 06-26-2016, 04:17 PM
IMASAP
Fleet Mechanic
Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts
Left Friday morning for a few days. My wife knocked it out of the park with her choice of campsite / campground. Site right on the lake, camper maybe 15 feet off the water. Weather was perfect !

View from the campsite.

Old 06-26-2016, 04:21 PM
IMASAP
Fleet Mechanic

View from the lake

Stop at McD's for lunch on the way home.

Old 06-28-2016, 08:08 AM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Awesome site! Wish it were closer I would check that site out at least once!

Thanks for the pics!

Old 06-28-2016, 08:30 AM
WE3ZS
Received 848 Likes on 586 Posts
IMASAP, that is great looking campsite, where is it?

Old 06-28-2016, 10:18 AM
IMASAP
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by WE3ZS
IMASAP, that is great looking campsite, where is it?

We had never been there before..... wifey picked it out.

Terrace Pines, Ossipee, NH

Terrace Pines Campground

CG is mostly seasonal sites, but the transient sites were all prime sites right on / near the water. Very quiet and relaxing. I kick myself for not bringing our canoe, but I won't make that mistake again. Apparently no power boats on the little lake. We were in site #29 if you want to look at the map.

Old 06-28-2016, 03:33 PM
Twitchyleprechaun
Posting Guru
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
On another note, I think the wife and I have decided to just live out of the TT until winter time.

We packed everything up before leaving for Laconia and put most of our stuff in storage. We weren't going to move into another place until Sept 1st. We figured why not just stay on the road until it gets too cold to be in the trailer. I have plenty of places to park it and hook up and the amount we save a month is astronomical.

Old 06-28-2016, 03:38 PM
Excurvelle
Cargo Master
Received 224 Likes on 149 Posts
Originally Posted by Twitchyleprechaun
On another note, I think the wife and I have decided to just live out of the TT until winter time.

We packed everything up before leaving for Laconia and put most of our stuff in storage. We weren't going to move into another place until Sept 1st. We figured why not just stay on the road until it gets too cold to be in the trailer. I have plenty of places to park it and hook up and the amount we save a month is astronomical.

If you could I would stay in the southern states in the winter, many campgrounds in South Carolina are open year round.

Old 06-28-2016, 03:46 PM
Twitchyleprechaun
Posting Guru
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Excurvelle
If you could I would stay in the southern states in the winter, many campgrounds in South Carolina are open year round.
For the foreseeable future I still need to stay around MD, PA area during the winter months. Retail is also a big part of my job and during that time I need to be close to our headquarters.

Old 06-29-2016, 08:23 PM
ExxWhy
Logistics Pro
Received 2,146 Likes on 565 Posts
Just came back from a week in PA. Nice national forest campground on the Allegheny reservoir. Alas, we didn't have a lakefront site, but I wanted electric since we were there for a week.

I have the Propride hitch installed and set up. Seemed pretty straightforward installation. I was expecting some difficulty in hooking up just from reading online, but it was very easy. I don't understand what the issue could be with some people. If anything, it's easier than the Equalizer hitch.

It is doing something weird however. It rides down the road offset about 1/2-1" to the drivers side. I'm basing that on where I can see the tongue jack in the mirror, it's not in the middle of the grab handle of the rear door like it should be. I tried adjusting the center bracket to the side a bit, but no change. It swivels freely and nothing is binding or doing anything odd. Turns are fine, I even stood on the hitch and watched it while my brother drove slowly around an empty parking lot. (BTW, you can turn VERY sharp without hitting anything!) I'm going to try to call Propride and see if they have any ideas, though since I bought the hitch second hand, they may not want to help much.

I'm really wondering if I have an alignment issue with the trailer axles. Tires don't seem to be wearing weird, but I have no idea how many miles they have on them,. Not a lot before I bought it and about 800 on me so far.

Not sure what I was expecting with this hitch, but it seems a very small improvement over the Equalizer. Trucks don't push it around hardly at all, but it was still minimal movement with the Equalizer. Otherwise, it seems about the same going down the road. I thought it towed excellent before, so maybe it is unrealistic to expect it should somehow make it feel much better anyway. Probably a more true test will be in some nasty crosswinds someday.

Airbags I am still hunting for the sweet spot. I had them set at 30 lbs on the way there, and it made the truck feel rough and skittish. Tried 20 on the way home and that felt pretty good. I might try some different tire pressures and bag pressures just for grins.

Old 06-29-2016, 08:25 PM
ExxWhy
Logistics Pro
Received 2,146 Likes on 565 Posts
Old 06-29-2016, 09:15 PM
mecdac
Lead Driver
Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by ExxWhy
Who knew PA could be so awesome?

Old 06-30-2016, 11:20 AM
High Cetane
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mecdac
Who knew PA could be so awesome?
Me...and shush.....don't tell anyone.

Attached Images  

Quick Reply: The camper thread! Pulling, using, equipment, maintenance!