2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F-150 recall 2004-2006

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 01:03 PM
HomerWinzlow
Cargo Master
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Im waiting for more stories to show up on Oprah, with weeping victims of the horrible Ford airbag wiring disaster...

Old 04-16-2011, 01:27 PM
kper05
Lead Driver

Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts
I don't want to distract this thread (my apologies because it probably does slightly) but have to defend the 6.7L while I am reading up on the recall involving the 2004 F-150.

I only know of one 2011 recall affecting F-150 through F-550 due to a bad BCM manufactured over a six day period for less than 15,000 trucks.
I don't know of any other recalls involving the 6.7L.
We've had the the CSP 10B17 firmware update, another update for the PCM and TCM (TSB 10-23-9) and we're pending another update due out the end of this month for TCM programming but these aren't recalls.

On a side note as an example to agree with a few previous posts, GM received an EPA exemption for their DEF issues in the Duramax trucks.
You think Ford would ever be allow such an exemption? I don't.
Heck, Ford can't even release this latest 6.7L flash without EPA giving it their blessing.
I'll take a Ford any day myself even though they do cause us to have headache's from time to time.

Back to topic, thanks for the info on this F150 recall.

Old 04-16-2011, 01:46 PM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by HomerWinzlow
Go to your local Ford dealer and ask them to waste thier time with you. There are hundreds of them and Im not going to pull them up for your curiousity.

You've been on this forum wasting your whole day away anyhow, why no non safety recalls that you do every day? You should be able to name them off the top of your head if you do them every single day.

Old 04-16-2011, 01:49 PM
HomerWinzlow
Cargo Master
No one said every single day but you. My time isnt a waste on this forum, just responding to ******* with big notions and no facts is.

Old 04-16-2011, 02:53 PM
bigunit54
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kper05
I don't want to distract this thread (my apologies because it probably does slightly) but have to defend the 6.7L while I am reading up on the recall involving the 2004 F-150.

I only know of one 2011 recall affecting F-150 through F-550 due to a bad BCM manufactured over a six day period for less than 15,000 trucks.
I don't know of any other recalls involving the 6.7L.
We've had the the CSP 10B17 firmware update, another update for the PCM and TCM (TSB 10-23-9) and we're pending another update due out the end of this month for TCM programming but these aren't recalls.

On a side note as an example to agree with a few previous posts, GM received an EPA exemption for their DEF issues in the Duramax trucks.
You think Ford would ever be allow such an exemption? I don't.
Heck, Ford can't even release this latest 6.7L flash without EPA giving it their blessing.
I'll take a Ford any day myself even though they do cause us to have headache's from time to time.

Back to topic, thanks for the info on this F150 recall.
I wasnt trying bash the 6.7. I never would. My dad LOVES his. He did tell me about the recall. I thought he said it was two different ones. Maybe he said he had to go in two different days. I'll check. But please don't think I was bashing the new diesel, I wasn't. He has loved the performance and I have driven it a bit, it is very responsive and seems to be really stout. It is SO quiet too.

Yeah, I am glad a few guys on here agree with me. I just have been angry about Government motors for a while and do think that it is a big conflict of interest that the Government owns them. Like you guys said, Toyota used to be the media darling, now the media falls all over themselves to praise GM and talk about how much they have improved and how they are the stars of the auto shows and all this. It is pretty obvious what they are doing. But anyone who doesn't connect the dots that this president and the government are going to do all they can to make Gm's sales improve and be very strong just isn't thinking very hard. Not that they would want Ford to fail, I think they know that wouldn't be good, but they want GM on top.

Old 04-16-2011, 02:58 PM
bigunit54
Elder User
Originally Posted by Phil105
BINGO!! Aside from this issue, if Snowseeker will look around, I believe he'd be hard pressed to find ANY manufacturers in today's world who don't wait to be "forced" to issue recalls. Be interesting to know just how many potential recalls Obama Motors may have "pushed aside" as "they aren't deemed extreme". I'm sure we'll never know the answer to this matter.
I, for one, am quite proud of Fords' track record and manner of doing business - the old fashioned way - THEY EARN IT.
GREAT post. right on.

Old 04-16-2011, 03:15 PM
Phil105
Elder User
Originally Posted by Snowseeker
You've been on this forum wasting your whole day away anyhow, why no non safety recalls that you do every day? You should be able to name them off the top of your head if you do them every single day.
Ya know Snowseeker - this is my first visit to this forum - but - there is always one like you on every other one I join. Why don't you get on your honda and go mow somebody's yard if you're not a Ford fan and he at least is contributing the the conversation?
Appears you've been on here all day same as Homer.

Old 04-16-2011, 04:48 PM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
No one said every single day but you. My time isnt a waste on this forum, just responding to ******* with big notions and no facts is.

Another post "wasting your time" where you could have used the time to shown some voluntary non safety recalls.

Old 04-16-2011, 04:56 PM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Phil105
Ya know Snowseeker - this is my first visit to this forum - but - there is always one like you on every other one I join. Why don't you get on your honda and go mow somebody's yard if you're not a Ford fan and he at least is contributing the the conversation?
Appears you've been on here all day same as Homer.

I spent the day with the family fyi. As far as the recall there isn't much to talk about, take your truck in and have it done.

Never said I 'wasn't' a ford fan, I own three and maintain many many more for my parents business and family. I see and hear what recalls are out for most of the trucks and some cars and hardly ever see a recall that isn't for safety. Lots of them involve burning your house down with you in it at night.

What do you have against hondas? Did one run over your wife or something?

Old 04-16-2011, 05:04 PM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Oops forgot the

Old 04-16-2011, 08:08 PM
lilmustangboy
Senior User
took my truck to ford.. its part of the recall... another new thing to get done before shes up for sale!!! lol

i was told it takes a few hours to do... any input? i am going to drop the truck off during my break and pick it up after work... hope they have it done in time... i made the appointment friday... they had 5 trucks outside... waiting for the new wiring harness... thats what i was told the issue was...

Old 04-16-2011, 08:10 PM
HomerWinzlow
Cargo Master
Just depends on how long it takes to get it to a technician. I have them in and out once I get the RO in about 5-10 minutes...

Old 04-16-2011, 08:12 PM
lilmustangboy
Senior User
Just depends on how long it takes to get it to a technician. I have them in and out once I get the RO in about 5-10 minutes...
cool.. guess the time estimate was because of the voulme of trucks coming in...

Old 04-16-2011, 08:14 PM
HomerWinzlow
Cargo Master
Well I suppose some folks are very carefull and deactivate the airbag system before repairs. I have removed thousands of them "hot" You just have to be mindfull of the consequences.

Old 04-16-2011, 08:16 PM
lilmustangboy
Senior User
Well I suppose some folks are very carefull and deactivate the airbag system before repairs. I have removed thousands of them "hot" You just have to be mindfull of the consequences.
hahahah that would be a costly accident... but i assume its a quick job and with the amount of trucks its perfected by now... thanx for the input...

hopefully this is the only thing to come up

Quick Reply: F-150 recall 2004-2006