Kentucky Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: SideWinder4.9l

come on May 6th or April BS

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 04:15 PM
rywegh
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
come on May 6th or April BS

That's right hurry up May 6th. That day will be my last final for this semester. I can't wait to get out of Spanish class, whooping my butt trying to learn Spanish and nursing. I plan on spending a lot of time with my little boy, walking, playing, swimming and whatever else we can get into. I am not taking classes like I did last summer, so I just want to enjoy some time with my kiddo.

How about the rest of you? What's been going on? or is going to be going on? Anyone making plans for anything?

Once summer hits I might try to line up some cash paying jobs to bring a little extra in to the house. Shoot maybe I will babysit some more kiddos.

Old 04-07-2011, 06:30 AM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Hey Ryan, No definite plans yet. We will likely do some in state traveling this year. I'm thinking about going to Bardstown and the train museum that's south of there, New Haven I believe is the name of the town. Also thinking about the Breaks Interstate Park too. Can't rule out the Red River Gorge/ Natural Bridge area either. They have a drive in there at Stanton, and of course Clay City Dragstrip. I haven't been there in years. Would be fun to go back. One of the most amazing things happened to us the last time I went to the dragstrip. When we left, we were in my buddies 69 Dodge Cornett R/T. While he didn't race it there, we hit the Parkway running side by side with a Grand Torino that did race there that night. We were going 140mph running side by side, 2 lane highway, and a motorcycle shot between us! It was a guy that also raced there that night. He was laying on the gas tank, and we figured he was doing at least 170 or more. He passed us with authority! I'll never forget that!

Old 04-07-2011, 07:54 PM
kenpobuck
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey guys. My mom and dad are coming down the week of the 18th for about a week. I have been working on my trailer getting it ready to haul stuff down to Sandgap this summer, wait to spend some time down there! I just got new 3" duals ran on my beast, no mufflers lol! This thing is real loud now. Had a guy over at Gadenersville do it, he only hit me for $250 and custom bent all of it!

John, I remeber back in the late 80's when a guy got killed on his bike. It was one of the early honda hurricanes and he hit a small hump in the road (all the roads up north are arrow straight). They found his body in a ditch about 100' away form the hump and pieces of the bike for about a halh mile. They (the cops) estimated he was doing about 180 when he lost it. That was all it took for me to keep my senses on a bike ever since!

Old 04-08-2011, 10:40 PM
rywegh
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have passed that drive-in many a time, is it still open?

Old 04-09-2011, 04:22 PM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I think so. I was thinking about going down there one weekend with the family and catching it when they have a kid friendly movie on friday, then hitting the dragstrip on saturday. That would be a fun weekend.

Old 04-09-2011, 06:21 PM
kenpobuck
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
lol, I haven't been to a drive-in since 85. Went to the Portage drive (portage oh) just south of bowling green. We seen the movie "lifeforce". Don't remeber much of the movie tho, was busy lol!