Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-27-2011, 12:55 PM
Postmaster

crazed87bronco is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thank you for the info so I will measure the distance from center of eye to eye following the arch then measure from the solid mount hole to the shackle as its flipped as far back as it can go as long as this measurement is longer then the spring measurement it will be fine?
Old 05-15-2012, 06:58 AM
Postmaster

ok its been long overdue for an update in this thread i was going with those SD front hangers and mounting them up front but i made a different front crossmember instead gives alittle more lift then the stock one and in the rear i went with four SD solid leaf mounts and used the shackles so everything bolted up easy truck is at a nice height now alot from stock just need to find some tires

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 05-15-2012, 01:51 PM
Postmaster

and heres the rear and what i had to deal with check out the old springs snapped in half

Old 05-15-2012, 01:59 PM
Postmaster

Old 05-15-2012, 02:14 PM
Postmaster

i wasnt liking the rear shackle angle once i lowered the truck and its on its own weight so i relocated the rear hangers back farther now they look alright there it is suspension is just about done need to drill the rest of the hanger mounting holes out bolt them solid and just need shocks anybody have some suggestions on what kind of shocks to look into? in the end it was worth it cant wait to drive it and feel the soft ride rear springs

Old 05-25-2012, 03:38 PM
Senior User

highntight is starting off with a positive reputation.
man thing is huge.... looking good, i liked how they turned out. that is a ton of spring lift without blocks. now you just need to get your 40's stuffed under that pig. hows that new welder treatin ya???
Old 05-25-2012, 10:45 PM
Posting Guru

wyoming4x4 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.wyoming4x4 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
wyoming just checkin in.

lookin good. never enough time to do these projects. workin mine also and gaining ground. rain and snow memorial weekend. slowing things up a little.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:36 PM
Postmaster

How's it been Wyoming your crew cab coming along nice Ayy? Looks like you got a flat bed on in your avatar ill have to see your thread on it should be nice all weekend here in pa saying it maybe hitting 90 out highntight yea it is a lot of leaf like how it turned out almost ready to start welding going today to get a breaker and the last power wire I need to be able to wire it up I have everything else next on list is making motor mounts then add the 79 power steering box and crossover steering going to try today to look at a rear axle and some 40 tires if not Sunday and looking for a Dana 60 now to go under the front
Old 05-26-2012, 10:00 PM
Senior User

good thinkin.... that will be be a good upgrade. i ran the blistiens on my red dodge dont know if they made any huge difference but i liked them all the same.... your moving right along there mr.... did you decide to go to the bushing style mounts then???
Old 05-26-2012, 11:38 PM
Postmaster

Yea I decided to go with the bushing style mounts and around 1/4" plate to tie it all together I got the welder hooked up and just need to dial it all in the couple passes I made weren't to great need to get use to these settings on this welder I still need to figure out what shocks to run any suggestions
Old 05-27-2012, 07:01 PM
Senior User

i ran blistiens shocks on my dodge... little pricey but they worked well. and good deal. what welder did u get.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:55 PM
Postmaster

Got my rear axle today and should be getting them tires tomorrow and putting everything under the truck that's my project until the bushings come I got a little time today to lay some welds getting a feel for the settings now looking good its a miller 252 welded some 1/2" plate today with it I'll have to start researching different shocks
Old 05-27-2012, 11:29 PM
Senior User

wow thats some thick plate, how was the penatration. and i think the cheapest shock on the market would be plenty. there probably no different then the expensive ones...

got my cab on my frame today. pretty excited. its way to damb big though.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:16 PM
Senior User

ryanhablitzel is starting off with a positive reputation.
What kind of rear springs are those? Pro-comp 2000ish superduty lift springs? How much lift are the spring you are using giving over stock?
Old 05-29-2012, 09:36 PM
Postmaster

The springs are 8" skyjacker 99-04 front and rear leafs my custom front spring mount/ crossmember adds around 1 1/2" extra lift over the stock crossmember and the way I set up the rear hangers using both front solid leaf mounts for the front and rear gives it alittle more height I'd say the springs alone added about 8-10" by themselves I have my stock height wrote down somewhere so I could see how much lift I got in the end but I can't find it I can always measure what I got now and compare it to someone else's stock truck measurement
Old 05-29-2012, 09:36 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks

Tags
2, 2000, 71, 99, 9904, duty, f250, leaf, lift, rear, spec, spring, springs, super, superduty, swap