1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford warranty declining coverage

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 11:41 PM
99f350sd
Lead Driver

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
You'll probably find the quality is the same.. Hope not..

Old 04-07-2011, 04:12 AM
Future_LEO
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Get the new ones under warrenty, go straight home, take them off, sell them on Craigslist or Ebay, and use that money to buy a GOOD product.

I love my Go Rhino steps!

Old 04-07-2011, 05:48 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,221 Likes on 803 Posts
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
Well, the squeaky wheel MAY be getting the grease. I got a call yesterday from Christina who said she was working on getting my dealer to get this covered under warranty but needed another day. Well, today I get a call. Amazingly, it was from Kyle. He tells me that they have reviewed my issue and sent it to some techs who agree it should be covered under warranty. I wanted to remind Kyle that he told me 10 times that "a decision had been made" by the warranty department and that "it could not be reversed." I didn't want to rock the boat though. He was very polite as was I. So, now I go back to the dealer when the part is in. (Still waiting to hear from them) Keeping my fingers crossed as it's not over til it's over. My faith may be restored if this works out, but it's amazing the hoops I had to jump through to get it done. Will update if and when I'm stepping on a new board...
I'm sincerely relieved that Ford has seen the light and decided to right a wrong. Likewise, it's good that you kept chasing this one down. You could have given up and stayed pissed.

Now, forgive me if I sound like a jerk as I really don't mean to be. I certainly wouldn't want you to stay with Ford in the future only because you got your way on this one. If you truly feel in your heart that Ford isn't the best truck builder, then you should move on.

Personally, I want to see Ford do the right thing all the time and attract people's business on principal alone. Likewise I want to see Ford crush the competition with top service and the best products.

Old 04-07-2011, 06:08 AM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,198 Likes on 573 Posts
Originally Posted by 99f350sd
You'll probably find the quality is the same.. Hope not..
I'm sure this will be the case.

Old 04-07-2011, 06:10 AM
System
Prolocutor
Originally Posted by Future_LEO
Get the new ones under warrenty, go straight home, take them off, sell them on Craigslist or Ebay, and use that money to buy a GOOD product.

I love my Go Rhino steps!
This is exactly what I would do, but I'm sure they are only going to replace one which would make them a mismatched set. Next truck I get, whatever brand it may be, will not come from the factory with steps.

Old 04-07-2011, 06:15 AM
System
Prolocutor
Originally Posted by tseekins
I'm sincerely relieved that Ford has seen the light and decided to right a wrong. Likewise, it's good that you kept chasing this one down. You could have given up and stayed pissed.

Now, forgive me if I sound like a jerk as I really don't mean to be. I certainly wouldn't want you to stay with Ford in the future only because you got your way on this one. If you truly feel in your heart that Ford isn't the best truck builder, then you should move on.

Personally, I want to see Ford do the right thing all the time and attract people's business on principal alone. Likewise I want to see Ford crush the competition with top service and the best products.
I've never been brand loyal and have always bought whatever looks the best and has the best features. When I bought this truck, Ford was the only company with a big gas engine and that sold me. On top of that, it looks the best, has the best features like power fold mirrors, upfitter switches, longer shortbed, etc. Will see what's available when my truck goes in a few years. I can say this, with Ford stepping back up to the plate on my warranty, they are back in the running. Although, I still maintain, I should have never had to go through all this to get something covered under warranty that was so clearly defective. Well, today I call the dealer and see when they want me to come in.

Old 04-07-2011, 12:20 PM
Zixxer
Tuned
Received 112 Likes on 81 Posts
After seeing your boards and then looking at mine closely, I ordered a set of stainless steel nerf bars with steps...super easy to clean. I actually like the Ford running boards but I'm not willing to clean them to the detail they need to be cleaned everytime I wash the truck. Mine are fine, some white residue that comes off but this design is just hard to keep looking new in the grooves and I suspect if I were further north they would be just like yours. Glad it worked out for you.

Old 04-14-2011, 05:28 PM
System
Prolocutor
Well, still a nightmare. Ford was supposed to supply a "job aid" number to ensure warranty coverage and my dealer won't order the new parts without it. Nothing from either the dealer or Ford in the last week. Will have to start the phones ringing again tomorrow. Guess it's not over til it's over.

Old 08-17-2011, 09:46 AM
VMS
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Chrome Issues 2009F350

I have just returned from the dealership and am fuming mad! We have a 2009 F350 and around 20,000 km's is when are chrome issue started. The front grill was peeling and replaced and the bumper was rusting. We were advised that Ford is aware that there is an issue with their chroming and are currently suing the company responsible. We were warned the bumper would rust again and at that time they could replace it... fair enough we were happy with that. We now have 60,000 km's on the truck and the grill has repeeled (about 20,000 km's ago), and the running boards need to be replaced. I was told that after this it would be our cost. Regardless that we have been told that the bumper will re-rust. If Ford is aware of all of the issues with their chroming they should be changing their product and warrantying those with the issues. Our middle console's finish is also coming off which it did on our previous F150 and they will not warranty that at all. I was about to buy a brand new explorer but will be looking at other products now and highly doubt we will be getting another ford unless their products improve.

Old 08-17-2011, 12:30 PM
Seabiscuit-P3
Hotshot
Received 3,992 Likes on 1,229 Posts
I have to wonder how many of these warranty problems are initiated by improper documentation or eroneous facts listed by the dealer at the initial claim or just how interested the dealer is in doing warranty work. Once the bad or eroneous info is in the system, the damage is done and hard to correct.

I had problems and a month long back and forth getting a warranty repair at a dealership in a nearby local town. My sister had the exact same problem but used a dealership in a town 13 miles further down the road. She had an appointment for repairs to be made before she left her dealership and repairs made within the week.

My old HS buddy had several go arounds with a Dodge dealership before he got a peeling paint problem and mechanical problem resolved. He changed dealerships and within a month had the problems resolved.

My folks went to war with chevy over radiator and exhaust manifold problems with their horse truck.

My dad blew the motor on his Toyota (under warranty) and they didn't want to cover it because of improper oil (they claimed) and the dealership did the oil change. That was resolved only after a letter from an attorney promising legal action.

At the same time, at another dealership, I was so impressed I was left speechless, twice. The battery in the car kept going dead. They worked for a day and a half trying to find the problem and get it fixed. Warranty, no charge, "and my guys learned something!" was the comment I got from the shop foreman. A year later, same car had to be towed in. Found on Road Dead, although my wife didn't see the humor in it. And this was over a problem I thought was out of warranty. The shop manager told me there was no cost for repair because it was covered by another pollution control warranty I new nothing about. They even paid the tow bill to the shop.

Anyway, for what it is worth and not withstanding poor quality to start with, I feel dealerships and their customer service cause more problems with warranty repair than any other single source.

Old 07-12-2012, 11:25 PM
zigger89
New User
I too have the same issue. I got a 2010 F150 Lariat with 30,000 miles on it. One of my chrome side steps is peeling badly, chunks coming right off. Also my 'Ford' emblem in my grill is peeling too. I too went to the dealer and was denied by Ford. This is such a bunch of BS. I've owned chevy trucks for years and decided to go Ford and I regret it. Since Ford is doing so well they have the F-U attitude. I paid 50k for my truck and it's just peeling apart. What to do?

Old 07-13-2012, 12:03 AM
zigger89
New User
I have the exact same problem on my 10 F150 Lariat with 38k. Mine are actually worse. I too spent 50k on this hunk of crap. I've had chevy trucks and don't know why I got a ford. "Ford' emblem peeling too but that's ok since they should be ashamed to put their name on the truck. My SYNC is so messed up you have no idea. They declined me claiming too salt, abuse or whatever BS they came up with. My truck is the cleanest truck in ontario. I wash it min of 5 times per week. This is what happens when a business gets too big and busy, they develop the F-U attitude. I would never purchase another ford product and will go out of my way to trash their garbage! There are so many more Ford owners that are so dissatisfied with their customer 'service'.

Old 07-13-2012, 12:10 AM
LSchicago2
Fleet Mechanic
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Chrome peels because of poor cleaning before plating. Even a fingerprint on a bare part before chrome will cause chrome to peel. I don't understand Ford's stance on this one.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:37 PM
silvermaxd
Junior User
Originally Posted by CurtSD
Doesn't sunrise me. The same thing happened to me. About 6 months before my wifes's lincoln's warranty expired the chrome started peeling off of all 4 wheels. I called Lincoln first and they said no problem to replace them all I had to do was have the dealer take pictures and it would get done. So I goto the dealer and the manager wouldn't even go look at the car. He told me they never do replacements. He said all chrome wheels peel after a year or so. They kept stalling till the warranty expired, so I ended up getting aftermarket wheels. Now the chrome on the grill of my super duty is bubbling and soon to peel. Of course my warranty is gone, so ill be painting my grill to match the two tone accent color.

If I were u I would keep calling Ford until u get somewhere.

Curt
I just noticed my grille on my 07 SD is starting to wrinkle. The emblem on the grille has faded and has looked like crap for a while now. These trucks cost to much for this to happen. Anyone know if FORD can be any help on this?

Old 02-08-2013, 10:16 PM
Misky6.0
Lead Driver
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Hope you get your issues resolved,
But i had a 1990 chevy s10 blazer.
Fully repainted after 18 months because
grey two tone peeled, factory recall.

My 1997 tahoe had a class action lawsuit
Award owners $750 towards new vehicle
Because the 31 gallon fuel tank "only" held
29 gallons. Never used the certificate.