Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > West Virginia Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

West Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Archion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-18-2011, 10:57 AM
Postmaster

ghunt is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Rejection sticker?

Hey guys, I haven't posted in here in forever...

I had a question about rejection stickers though.

Yesterday I dropped my truck off at Glotfelty Tire up here in Morgantown to have new tires put on it, and get it inspected (it was way overdue, inspection had expired in November).

They called me up and told me the driver's side ball joints were bad so it wouldn't pass inspection. I went to pick the truck up and I had a big "REJECTED" sticker staring at me.

So I'm reading the sticker, and it says you have 5 days to fix the vehicle, and during that time it is not legal to operate on public roads. WTF? Well, sorry but this is my main mode of transportation so that's a no go. Also why only 5 days? I ordered the stuff I need to do the job but it won't be here until middle of next week.

What's the repercussions of not being able to get it back in in 5 days? I just don't really understand how it works. I've NEVER had someone actually give me a rejected sticker before, they just tell me to get it fixed and bring it back and send me on my way. Sucks.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:46 PM
The village idiot.

KevinGnWV has a good reputation on FTE.KevinGnWV has a good reputation on FTE.KevinGnWV has a good reputation on FTE.
I used to be an inspector about 7-8 years ago and back then, the law said if a part was bad, but the owner had proof the part was ordered and on it's way, you could pass the vehicle. I'd take it back and show them the order papers for the ball joints and see what they say. Me personally, being the rebel I am, I'd scrape the sticker off and take it someplace else, explain to them you know the part is bad and have it ordered. Most likely they will pass it. But I will say, there are places here that are a little stricter than others. Most often, the smaller "back road" stations won't be as picky as a franchise or chain store.

1994 Mazda B4000 ExtCab.
4X4 SE, 5 Spd.

Old 03-18-2011, 04:41 PM
Postmaster

I'm not sure here in Morgantown if there are any places that aren't "picky."

I actually did already take the sticker off because hell, I gotta drive the truck...it was barely on there anyway. I guess I'll just fix it next time some week, get it inspected somewhere else and eat the $11 they charged me for that damn rejected sticker.
Old 03-19-2011, 06:43 AM
Post Fiend

msgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to behold
Yeah that sucks...but I've never "dropped off" my vehicle and left it...I've always had to sit and wait for the tech to do the inspection so I can get on with the rest of the day's chores.

Bummer Dude! If that was me...I'd have handled it the same way you did. A guys's gotta get to work! And besides...nobody had hassled you about the overdue inspection...you'll probably get away with the no sticker till next week.

Joe

We live in the Land Of The Free...BECAUSE of the Brave! My humble thanks to all Veterans, past and present
Old 03-21-2011, 11:53 AM
Postmaster

Normally I wouldn't have dropped it off, it's just the fact that I was getting tires put on that I did.

Ah well...

Got everything I need on order, should be here soon...Planning to do it Friday....
Old 03-21-2011, 11:53 AM