6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Diesel Tech in or near Frederick Maryland

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 12:06 PM
Silverlode
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diesel Tech in or near Frederick Maryland

I am out of warranty and need to find a better option (<$$$) than the dealership. Are there any local Ford techs that do side work, or good shops around that won't kill my wallet?

I have an 03 F-350 6.0. Had it since new and has less than 60K miles. A few months back I had the EGR valve and gas pedal replaced at the dealer for more than $1300. 2nd EGR replacement by the way, which is pretty lame with my low miles I feel, and I don't think I should have had to pay for it, but I digress.

I am now getting a code P2285 and my truck is romping like mad at startup. ICP sensor is bad I assume.

Thanks

Old 02-28-2011, 10:01 PM
powerstroke72
Super Moderator
Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts
Moved to the 6.0L Powerstroke Diesel forum.

As a sidenote, you may also want to post this in the Maryland Chapter forum. I'm sure there are some folks in MD that could steer you the right direction.

And Welcome to FTE!

Old 03-01-2011, 05:46 AM
wulfman
Posting Guru

Hey welcome there is info in tech folder on replacing ICP sensor, its not that hard 3 hours or so.

Old 03-01-2011, 06:51 AM
Silverlode
New User
Thanks for the responses. I didn't even realize there were regional forums.

Old 04-05-2011, 04:43 AM
Copedawg
Lead Driver

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Did you get this fixed? You still need help?

Old 04-05-2011, 07:21 AM
Silverlode
New User
I did get it fixed and it took about five hours. It took me two hours just to get stuff out of the way and find the thing. Finally realized it but buried under heat sheilding wrap much closer to the other sensor than I thought. I was looking for more wires going to something and it was driving me nuts. Then I couldn't get the thing to turn. I was afraid I was going to break it off.

A friend helped me out or it never would have gotten done. I have pretty big hands and there was no way I could hold the new sensor and get back up in there.

In any case, this issue is resolved, but I'm still out of warranty and would like to have the number of somebody around my area that does this kind of work.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:33 AM
Copedawg
Lead Driver

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I'm in mid AA county and I like working on diesels. I would like to be up front about this forum. I would have traded my 97 7.3l a looooong time ago if it weren't for this site!
The the 7.3 OBS site is the best site in the world, imo. I am sure the 6.0 PSD forum (this forum) is the same way. There are many smart people who are willing to help any way they can. What I do when I have a problem is tell the forum what the problem is and they help me troubleshoot it. Then I prepare to repair and get a parts/tool list via the FTE Brotherhood. If I run in to a problem, I get back online and tell them. They will navigate me through. I can only imagine this forum is the same way.
If you have a standard mechanics tool box, internet, a friend and beer, there is nothing you can't do to your truck!
I wish I was closer to Fredrick, I would stand around, drink beer and help you with your truck.
LOL, that sounded politician's answer to your question, lol