1997-2006 Expedition & Navigator 1997 - 2002 and 2003 - 2006 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator Discussion

newbie to a ford.

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 11:39 PM
butters
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question newbie to a ford.

Im just new all over here, just joined the forum and just bought my first ford, which has a problem i cant figure out.

Its an '06 Expedition XLT 2 wheel with the 5.4, its a nice vehicle and my wife really likes it except in the middle of the night when the horn starts honking and the lights are flashing.

it has some kind of alarm or anti theft device that activates when we lock the doors, with the key fob or on the door itself. i dont know if this is an OEM security feature or aftermarket.

sometimes just the horn honks a few times and others its full blown alarm with horn and lights. sometimes it quits by itself and others we have had to hit the unlock button on the key fob to shut it off.

any info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Old 02-11-2011, 05:41 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,233 Likes on 809 Posts
Welcome to FTE butters! Congrats on your purchase. The issue is no doubt linked to the vehicle's security system. In fact, I would recommend that you read the owners manual under warranty information. There's a slim chance it could still be covered as certain features on these vehicles are covered for extended periods.

Old 02-11-2011, 12:39 PM
GoofyClassic22
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by butters
Im just new all over here, just joined the forum and just bought my first ford, which has a problem i cant figure out.

Its an '06 Expedition XLT 2 wheel hId Kits with the 5.4, its a nice vehicle and my wife really likes it except in the middle of the night when the horn starts honking and the lights are flashing.

it has some kind of alarm or anti theft device that activates when we lock the doors, with the key fob or on the door itself. i dont know if this is an OEM security feature or aftermarket.

sometimes just the horn honks a few times and others its full blown alarm with horn and lights. sometimes it quits by itself and others we have had to hit the unlock button on the key fob to shut it off.

any info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

You may have some lose cables in the alarm wiring system that is causing it to go off randomly. Or maybe its just some annoying kid messing with your new purchase =P

Old 02-11-2011, 06:13 PM
alloro
Received 4,205 Likes on 2,448 Posts
It could also be one of the door, or rear gate switches sticking and acting up.