1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

SOS! despratly need help with removing.

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 08:54 PM
brig 56
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SOS! despratly need help with removing.

wing window from 56 ford f100! my Mc Guyver guy and I cannot figure it out and have spent lotta time lookin at it scratchin our heads! unless he got it today without telling me. my boy butch will be ready for paint in a few days and this is crucial ! how in hell on such a simple truck could have something on it that dosent make a lot of simple sense? the damn thing wasent properly finished from the factory to begin with then to make the damn wing windows to be a brain twister to two relitivley intelligent people? really? I mean really? please help however you can, also,,,the weather stripping gasket around the wing window? uh yeah,,,if you could help with that too god bless,,will post pix as we go,,I now know more about bondo and glazing compound than I ever wanted to and At This Point I hate Sandpaper And Tiny Crevices, nooks and crannies cuz I have seen them all now, Lord have mercy!!!!!!

Old 02-02-2011, 10:10 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 615 Likes on 382 Posts
If it's like BonusBuilt era trucks, there are three screws thru the rubber, in molded in little pockets that are hard to find. One up near the very top of the vent frame, one about a third of the way down, and one near the front corner.

Old 02-03-2011, 05:27 PM
carnut122
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep, if it's like my 53, pull out the rubber molding and you should be able to locate the screws. You are going to replace the rubber too...I hope.