1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

Show off your pre-72 truck =)

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 11:53 PM
dohc_chump
This space for rent...
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by crazed87bronco
good to know thanks. does he rub at all with those tires while turning or during suspension travel?
He has no problem with the tires rubbing during suspension travel. They do rub a little on the front of the fender when he's doing parking lot maneuvers. He ended up bending the front of the fenders in. Shouldn't be much of a problem after he replaces his leaf packs.

His rear springs are really clapped out and are currently sitting on the overloads.

what did he have to do to swap in the 460? what kind of engine mounts/perches did he end up using

Drivers side: Angle iron bolted to the rail, FE motor mount, and the other is a solid motor mount for a 460, but he has no info on them. They look easy enough to fab up.

Passenger side: The FE motor mount is bolted to the top of the frame rail and the solid mount is bolted to it. He massaged the inner fender out to get the clearance. And yeah, he knows about that oil leak

For the solid mount, I'm sure you could use flat steel and box tubing to make them.

i'm about to do the 460 swap along with the disc 44 front axle setup in my 71 crew it's good to see pics of crew cabs on here you don't ever see them just single cabs
Good luck with your swap. This is one of two crew cabs my friend owns. He's owned four of these crews so far. I've got pics of them all, but only one other on this computer.

This is his '72 F-350: D70, 3.50 geared, dealer installed 460, 4-spd. manual trans, factory A/C, factory Stereo sound AM/FM, dealer option air horns, factory roof lights, Tulsa 8000# PTO winch, factory dual tanks, Ford optional roof mounted light, power steering, power disc brake, the frames been shortened and a Holmes wrecker bed installed. It's super 70's

Old 02-02-2011, 07:43 PM
fordnut forever
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
here's my 68 4x4,money is tight right now and i'm going to put it up for sale, hate to but got too many projects and this one is on back burner this pic is when i got it and this one after i parked it

Old 02-03-2011, 07:28 PM
ratio411
Freshman User
I miss my 71 so bad...
I hope she's still alive and kickin.

She was an F100 short bed with 351w/3 speed.

Funny story:

I bought the truck with plenty of mods already done to it.
A younger guy had it and ended up selling it to a dealer to get a responsible family car when his life took that turn. The truck was 2 tone, light green over off-white, with green interior.

On the inside there was a toggle switch mounted very nicely into the dash.
It was a very clean installation, so even though I could never figure out what the switch did exactly, I never really considered removing the switch.

Every now and again, I would flip the switch one way or the other, just to see if anything would happen. Nothing ever did.

One morning I trucked on into work at O'dark-thirty in the morning and noticed all my co-workers hanging out outside as I pulled up.

Something funny was going on though. They were all pointing and engaged in side-splitting laughter. It almost looked like they were laughing at me!

I walked up and waited for one of them to catch his breath and asked "What's so funny?"

He said "Your lights!"
I said "What lights?!?"

They thought I was joking....

How could I not know about the ring of hot pink neon lights running around the bottom side of my green truck!

I knew then what the toggle switch did.

Old 02-07-2011, 10:58 PM
mikeys71sportcustum
New User
im new to the forum just picked up a 71 f100 sport custom 91 302 block with edilbrock intake and 4 barrel carb moroso chrome valve covers i bought it to run my trash to the dump paid $750 for it it has some cancer and surface rust but over all for a truck from va its pretty solid. will post pics tomorrow

Old 02-08-2011, 12:26 PM
killbill
Junior User
I would love to post picks of my 67 f100 camper special, but saddly my truck is in Utah and I am in Afghanistan. Maybe when I get home....

Old 02-08-2011, 08:32 PM
jwtimme
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
here is my 72 with a 390 and a c-6 trans, one of these days I hope to do a frame off and 4 link the rear with some really wide tires. I have owned this truck since 16 and have done all the work myself could have done so much better but had little experience at the time. I spend too much time in the 72 mach 1 thats why I dont get much done on the truck.

Old 02-09-2011, 05:59 AM
project_livewire
Senior User

Here is my 68 SWB. This truck was bought new in 68 20 miles down the road from me and was owned by the original owner until the early 2000's. The gentleman I bought it off of was working on doing a full restoration so he and his wife could have a weekend cruiser to ride around in. Sadly, his wife fell ill with cancer and she couldn't get out much and they needed the money so he had to sell it. I purchased it in mid-2007 and have left it all original except for a few additions such as an electric fan, chrome wheels, AM/FM radio from my Mom's first car, a 78 Mustang (she replaced it with an 8-track and boxed it up so it still works like new), and a Flowmaster exhaust. 360 FE engine and 3 speed on the column with 110,xxx original miles and power steering and power brakes.

Old 02-15-2011, 10:27 AM
fordtrkboy88
Junior User
hey doc chump i live over by your buddys truck you think he would sell or trade for a 72 460 regular cab on 40 inch tires ill be moving my rigg over their soon

Old 02-15-2011, 03:10 PM
dohc_chump
This space for rent...
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by fordtrkboy88
hey doc chump i live over by your buddys truck you think he would sell or trade for a 72 460 regular cab on 40 inch tires ill be moving my rigg over their soon
Hmm, I'm pretty sure he's married to that old girl! I'll pass the info on to him though and get back to you.

Old 02-15-2011, 04:14 PM
Phil105
Elder User
Originally Posted by project_livewire

Here is my 68 SWB. This truck was bought new in 68 20 miles down the road from me and was owned by the original owner until the early 2000's. The gentleman I bought it off of was working on doing a full restoration so he and his wife could have a weekend cruiser to ride around in. Sadly, his wife fell ill with cancer and she couldn't get out much and they needed the money so he had to sell it. I purchased it in mid-2007 and have left it all original except for a few additions such as an electric fan, chrome wheels, AM/FM radio from my Mom's first car, a 78 Mustang (she replaced it with an 8-track and boxed it up so it still works like new), and a Flowmaster exhaust. 360 FE engine and 3 speed on the column with 110,xxx original miles and power steering and power brakes.
VERY NICE LOOKING - glad you kept the original look.

Old 02-15-2011, 04:17 PM
killbill
Junior User
Nice truck, Project_Livewire. That is the color scheme I was thinking of using on my 67 camper special except I was going to add a white top to the cab. I really like the look.

Old 02-15-2011, 04:29 PM
HiddenForFortyYears
Junior User
How about the total stock look with no bells or trim? (untouched original)

See more picts of this great 14,000 miles truck. http://s1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd502/1971FordF100/

Old 02-15-2011, 04:39 PM
MIKES 68 F100
Logistics Pro
Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
so cool original ! going to save those pics so i know what mine looked like way back when .

Old 02-15-2011, 04:58 PM
killbill
Junior User
Hidden, I'm still jealous.

Old 02-15-2011, 05:54 PM
HiddenForFortyYears
Junior User
Originally Posted by killbill
Hidden, I'm still jealous.
Maybe we should trade.

Quick Reply: Show off your pre-72 truck =)