S. California Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Welcome ahixon To The Chapter!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 12:59 PM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome ahixon To The Chapter!

Our newest member is from T.O., and that's about all I know...other than he likes tasty beer

Tell us a little about yourself and your Ford!

Last edited by SteveBricks; 12-19-2010 at 01:01 PM.
Old 12-19-2010, 02:31 PM
ahixson
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmm, lets start with the truck.

I started in 94 with my first Ford. I bought a new Ranger, with I believe a 2.5L 4 cyl. It was primarily a work truck (all my trucks have been work trucks).

I soon grew tired of the powerless 4 banger and purchased a 98 ranger with the 4.0 V6. I was a great truck and served me well.

As my company grew so did the size of the tools, and payloads that the little Ranger just couldnt handle. In late 1999 I bought my first FS. It was a 2000 F250 extra cab long bed 2x4 with the V8 gasser. she was a work horse. She handled everything I threw at her until I introduced her to the 14k dump trailer. She tried but just couldnt handle the SoCal hills with anything more than about 8k behind her. So in late 2001, after a few hours of reasoning with my wife, I went to Galpin Ford and ordered my beast.

We affectionately call her 'Truck'. I had to wait nearly 2 months for delivery, but the wait was worth it. She was born with a strong 7.3L heart, weighed in at close to 7000 lbs and 241.4" long. She is white with tan cloth interior, came loaded with the trailer towing & camper packages, and locking rear diff with 3.73 gears. She pulls from all 4 corners and and the manual hubs are real nice. Recent upgrades are listed in my "garage". I still drive 'truck' every day. She is a bit over 9 years old, with under 90k on the ticker. I couldn't be a happier Ford owner.

My original plan (per the wife) was to hold on to her for at least 10 years. (wife threatened an attempt to park it in my a$$ if i wanted a different truck). I dont think 10 years is long enough anymore. She will probably be around a lot longer than that.

As far as a little about me....well, not much to report. Im a dad of 1 and been married a little over 11 years. I work hard and play harder. I love my country, my family and friends. God help the man that crosses any of them.

I like beer, jeeps and trucks. Wrenching is a hobby. Fixing stupid is a chore.
Thanks for the welcome.

Aaron H.

KJ6FLF

Old 12-19-2010, 03:27 PM
lucky_strike
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice truck!
and welcome to the site!