1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

3" Plenums intakes are in

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 02:20 PM
427 fordman
Hotshot
Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts
Did you buy one of the kits Glenn? If so, which one, there are a bunch. I'd like to know if it helps but like you said may be hard to tell with doing quite a bit at once. Keep me informed though if you would. I may be interested in it if it works ok for you.

Old 12-18-2010, 06:58 PM
fordpride
Post Fiend
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
That sucks about the plenums.

Hows it coming?

Old 12-18-2010, 08:09 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts
Darin, I got the Vc2 kit. I'm just going to use straight water at first. I'll sure let you know.

Ya Mike, that sucks, live and learn. Today I got the bellow up pipes in. I was a little bit of a challenge. I'm just on this screw up phase, I put the turbo in and the four bolts for the pedestal. I started on the four bolts for the collector and said "OH SHI!!!", forgot the metal gasket. I wasn't happy, out came the turbo and put the gasket in. I'm getting pretty good at that turbo. I'm sure glad I had the exhaust manifold pipes lined up and the bolts barely started. It was a slow go tightening them up, that's where the flex part of the bellows came into play. Everything is really to go, now I have to wait on the new boots for the spider to intakes and the reburned chip. Two things I am concerned about though, I hope the O rings under the pedestal didn't move and I had to jack around with the fuel line on the back of the head drivers side when I was messing with the intakes. I hate leaks!!

Old 12-18-2010, 08:36 PM
Iallwork
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree leaks suck. I feel like I'm driving a piece of junk when I have leaks of any kind. Oil, fuel, fluids, exhaust, antifreeze. Don't get me going. And what about those people with squealing belts or bearings or worse yet the ones that drive around with mufflers, plastic , or sheet metal parts dragging on the ground. Pull over and rip that stuff off! Can't they hear it scraping on the ground. I drive my wife nuts. Have the radio on and all of a sudden I say do you hear that. Pull off to the side and start looking.

Old 12-18-2010, 08:46 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

I'm in the habit of looking under my truck as I aproach it, I've had to many puddles!

Old 12-18-2010, 08:49 PM
jg96powerstroker
Posting Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by oldbird1965
Darin, I got the Vc2 kit. I'm just going to use straight water at first. I'll sure let you know.

Ya Mike, that sucks, live and learn. Today I got the bellow up pipes in. I was a little bit of a challenge. I'm just on this screw up phase, I put the turbo in and the four bolts for the pedestal. I started on the four bolts for the collector and said "OH SHI!!!", forgot the metal gasket. I wasn't happy, out came the turbo and put the gasket in. I'm getting pretty good at that turbo. I'm sure glad I had the exhaust manifold pipes lined up and the bolts barely started. It was a slow go tightening them up, that's where the flex part of the bellows came into play. Everything is really to go, now I have to wait on the new boots for the spider to intakes and the reburned chip. Two things I am concerned about though, I hope the O rings under the pedestal didn't move and I had to jack around with the fuel line on the back of the head drivers side when I was messing with the intakes. I hate leaks!!
hey glen did you get the build a kit or the egt kit?? they seam like they have a good set up

Old 12-18-2010, 08:52 PM
fordpride
Post Fiend
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
I'm in the habit of looking under my truck as I aproach it, I've had to many puddles!
I do the samething and i got a HPOP gasket leak and it's driving me nuts

Old 12-18-2010, 08:56 PM
Iallwork
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was just stirring the pot. LOL Cold weather has that effect on me.

Old 12-18-2010, 09:15 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

I got the one where you can build on it. The controller will do boost or map sensor volts. I'm just going to try the boost setting first. Maybe start it at 10 lb of boost and at 20 lb have it go 100%. Start there and see what happens. I had to T off of my boost line for the controller. Now I'll have two boost gauges!?

Old 12-18-2010, 09:20 PM
jg96powerstroker
Posting Guru

I got the one where you can build on it. The controller will do boost or map sensor volts. I'm just going to try the boost setting first. Maybe start it at 10 lb of boost and at 20 lb have it go 100%. Start there and see what happens. I had to T off of my boost line for the controller. Now I'll have two boost gauges!?
lol glen from what i have seen you like gauges though!! lol do you have to have some one watch the road while you look at all the gauges?? lol my grandpa had a gauge for every thing, o thinks by the way, makes it hard working on the old girl with out him telling me what iam doing wrong! lol hey you have a scan gauge as well right glen? is it worth the money??

Old 12-18-2010, 09:27 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Yes, I like the scan gauge. I finally mounted it on the steering colume for two reasons. I can see it without the glare from the sun and I can play with it easier without getting yelled at by my wife, LOL.

Mike, I noticed that mine is leaking a little. I'm lucky that I can get my socket on it to tighten it up a little. It hasn't been long ago I put it in and I didn't want to tighten it to much.

Old 12-18-2010, 09:29 PM
Brown Falcon
Hotshot
Received 123 Likes on 83 Posts
I'm hoping my EGT's will be ok pulling my wife's car on a trailer across the country in a month...

Old 12-18-2010, 09:36 PM
jg96powerstroker
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by Brown Falcon
I'm hoping my EGT's will be ok pulling my wife's car on a trailer across the country in a month...
what kinda car?? you should be ok just keep a good eye on her, you comeing threw MO???

Old 12-18-2010, 09:38 PM
jg96powerstroker
Posting Guru

Yes, I like the scan gauge. I finally mounted it on the steering colume for two reasons. I can see it without the glare from the sun and I can play with it easier without getting yelled at by my wife, LOL.

Mike, I noticed that mine is leaking a little. I'm lucky that I can get my socket on it to tighten it up a little. It hasn't been long ago I put it in and I didn't want to tighten it to much.
yeah i menber it in a pic now, i like it there, wher can you get a scan gauge and a mount like that glen?? i have a 3 pod with pro boost and trany, going to take trany out and put maybe fule or oil in its place, but where you have the scan gauge it the right place i think!!

Old 12-18-2010, 10:17 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Originally Posted by jg96powerstroker
what kinda car?? you should be ok just keep a good eye on her, you comeing threw MO???
Ya, I agree, you shouldn't have any problems.

Originally Posted by Brown Falcon
You have a EGT gauge, right? I didn't see it in your signture. I pulled my 3,500 lb trailer 1,200 miles last month and didn't have any EGT problems, even with my 'big' leaks.

Originally Posted by jg96powerstroker
yeah i menber it in a pic now, i like it there, wher can you get a scan gauge and a mount like that glen?? i have a 3 pod with pro boost and trany, going to take trany out and put maybe fule or oil in its place, but where you have the scan gauge it the right place i think!!
I read Jim at Rosewood said they are on backorder. At dieselmanor.com the part number is AM-15010. Its a steering colume mount for a SD but all you have to do trim the back off until it fits.

Quick Reply: 3" Plenums intakes are in