Montana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Sailor_Roy

Have a Very Merry MT Chat and BS December Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 09:17 AM
jredline1984
Hotshot
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Spool&Go
I'm not sure if I want to be a slackmaster, but if I become one somehow. I want number 27! or 77, anything with 7's is good. 77 would take a long time though.
It just seemingly blindsided me, lol.

I believe that 27 is the next number up for grabs actually. Any particular reason you like 7?

Old 12-01-2010, 09:42 AM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
Mornin' guys, Happy December 1st...

Congrats on the slackmaster status Corey... I was too busy slacking to realize we've had some additions... lol.

Old 12-01-2010, 09:48 AM
jredline1984
Hotshot
Thanks Rob! Neil said the same thing, at least you boys are living up to your lack of expectations, lol

Old 12-01-2010, 10:08 AM
Spool&Go
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry if this is too long and I understand if you don’t want to read the whole thing….
Ok here it goes... So we got a new job sponsor for our job. He mandated me to only work 8 hours a day until I move back to WA ( i am over budget because I was only budgeting for the summer months, not the summer + fall). Also, two people got laid off of our job that day so he wanted to take us all out to dinner to ensure the rest of us that we shouldn't worry. Dinner was to be at 5:30. So I worked my 7 to 3:30 and decided that my truck needed a good pressure washing after caking it with mud while hunting (some of you saw the pic). I left work, and went up the street to the local car wash. I inserted my 3 bucks in quarters that I had gotten from the bank the previous day. I wanted to stay somewhat dry and clean because we were about to go to dinner.... ya right. was spraying water and mud everywhere.... and all over myself . I got about half of my truck washed and ran out of time. I needed more quarters. I drove down the street (past the office) to the albertsons, picked up a $1 Arizona raspberry iced tea, and got $5 cash back in quarters.

Back to the car wash I went. Except this time I pulled into a different bay. I planned to put in another 3 bucks in quarters. When you put in $1.75, it pressurizes the sprayer. So I got to $1.75, and the sprayer mount was a piece of SHHH**t, so it backs out of the mount and starts flipping around and spraying everwhiere! ...and on me . I get the thing under control, hurry to finish pressure washing my truck, and take a deep breath.

I had $2.00 in quarters left. So I decided to vaccum the mud out of the cab. I pulled up to the vaccum, put in $1 and it winds up. The vaccum is running but the hose isn't sucking air. I figured something might be stuck in the hose so I angrily started whipping it up and down like a big snake . I realize that other people are watching me freak out, so I called it quits and moved onto the last vaccum with my last remaining dollar.

It worked thank god. I knew I needed air in my rear left tire because it had a slow leak ever since my hunting trip. I went to the nearast gas station on my way home... no air. went to the intersection by my house to the safeway thinking that they must have air. I pulled in and had to take an immediate right turn to get to the gas pumps, but the outlet wasn't big and there was a van trying to pull out as well. I new I was going to curb my tire if I continued, but there were people behind me waiting to get into the parking lot, so I continued. Sure enough, I curbed my tire. My iced tea that I had taken one sip out of tipped over in my POS cup holder and started dumping all over my jeans, carpet, and freshly washed floor mats. I went to catch it from falling further but I had my phone in my hand, so it poured all over it! I yelled under my breath as to not scare everyone in the immediate area, circled the pumps, realized that there was no air, then piped it out of the parking lot leaving a pretty good cloud of black smoke.

I went the close by Sinclair station. I asked the teller if he had air, he said, “I did, but my compressor is broken” . I angrily smiled and asked where the nearest air was. He directed me back across town to the gas station that was right next to the Albertsons I started at. Luckily their air was free when I got there, but it was very slow. Took about 8 minutes to get my one tire up to spec. I drove home, got inside, and did the best I could to wipe off the mud I had on me. It was then 5:15 and I headed straight back out the door to go to dinner.
The dinner was good. On my way home, I got a text message and whipped my phone out of my pocket, and tried to slide it open…… No sliding happening!

Note: if you spill juice on your cell phone and fix it with WD 40… you might be a redneck.

Laugh it up, but it worked. Slides better than ever now. Just put it on a paper towel and slid it between the cracks.

A week later my tire still had a slow leak. Took it to schwabbies the day before I needed to drive back to WA. They told me that there was a rock cut in it and my tire was toast. Luckily they had a tire (in an AT) that was the exact same size with similar tread. They swapped it for free and off I went.
So there it is. Haha … any questions?

Old 12-01-2010, 10:10 AM
Spool&Go
Cargo Master
Edit: Oh ya, the tokens haha. After the vaccum ordeal I called the "Have any problems?" number at the car wash to inform him of some maintenance he might want to do. I kept my cool while talking told him and laughed about what had happened so far even though i was pissed. Simply called as a courtesy but he insisted on sending me some tokens. He said and I quote "Oh wow, you are just having a hell of a time arent you?!"... and that was before the spill haha.

Old 12-01-2010, 10:12 AM
Spool&Go
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by jredline1984
It just seemingly blindsided me, lol.

I believe that 27 is the next number up for grabs actually. Any particular reason you like 7?
It has just always been my number. It is my dads number and my brothers. I was just raised picking numbers with 7's for my jerseys and stuff. other things in my life just tend to end up in 7's as well.

Old 12-01-2010, 10:14 AM
jredline1984
Hotshot
Hey thats cool man, my number has always been 13

Old 12-01-2010, 11:19 AM
im2tall33
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
howdy everyone!!!!

Old 12-01-2010, 11:21 AM
jredline1984
Hotshot
Morning Micah, glad to see you followed Bryce's trail and made it over here, lol

Old 12-01-2010, 11:26 AM
im2tall33
Post Fiend
ypu...another couple nominations in the slackers club corey.. take a look

Old 12-01-2010, 02:00 PM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by Spool&Go
Edit: Oh ya, the tokens haha. After the vaccum ordeal I called the "Have any problems?" number at the car wash to inform him of some maintenance he might want to do. I kept my cool while talking told him and laughed about what had happened so far even though i was pissed. Simply called as a courtesy but he insisted on sending me some tokens. He said and I quote "Oh wow, you are just having a hell of a time arent you?!"... and that was before the spill haha.

Too funny Bryce...

Glad to know someone else has "issues" like that. My sister says I have a little black rain cloud following me around, always ready to mess things up.

Old 12-01-2010, 02:08 PM
jredline1984
Hotshot
Holy Crap Bryce! I just read the post, sounds like you had a crap load of Mondays all rolled into one.

Old 12-01-2010, 02:10 PM
im2tall33
Post Fiend
i just read it too hope it goes better man

Old 12-01-2010, 06:22 PM
jredline1984
Hotshot
Evening MT!

Old 12-01-2010, 06:25 PM
im2tall33