6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

New to 6.4 site

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 02:46 PM
tgreening
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jbair
Truck is running great, having a few problems:

1.) Truck will not blow hot air, I need to check coolant level before taking it in

2.) When its wet out truck wont start in drive, I have to put it in nuetral to start it (bad contact I'm guessing)

3.) Reverse sensors not working, no beeping or anything at all

4.) No heated seats because of the non factory seats

Other than that truck runs great, and I really like it. I just put 37's and black Hoss wheels on it over the weekend and it looks great. Putting either a Spartan or H&S on it in the next month.

You might consider waiting on some of these modifications you want to do. You've got a fairly new truck with what should be a fair amount of warranty left, and issues that need rectified. I'd REALLY stay on top of your dealer and their "opinion" of what happened to your truck since said opinion could go a long way towards voiding any warranty you have left. So could some of the mods you've already done and/or plan to do.

I'd like to hear exactly how the dealer determined your carpet and interior wiring had been replaced. Seats are fairly simple since there are aftermarket replacements for just about anything, but not so much for carpet and even less for wiring. I'm highly skeptical that a truck of your model year and mileage could suffer significant "flood" damage, be repaired, and leave no record what-so-ever of the event.

I guess the point is that if you want any chance of maintaining warranty and such I'd be very careful to make the dealer justify their claims, especially since carfax, oasis, etc show no history related to water damage of any sort.

Old 12-07-2010, 08:01 PM
StanleyZ
Logistics Pro
Received 68 Likes on 31 Posts
Since it's a Texas truck I would be concerned that the damage occured during the Huricane down there, I think it was last year or the year before. The big problem would be if salt water or brackish (part salt) water was involved. I can't think off hand how you could tell but if it's been long enough you would notice the paint starting to peel on painted surfaces like frame or tie rods. The problem with salt water is that it eats the wiring over a period of time. I also think you could go to the state of Texas and they should be able to back track any title changes. You gotta figure somebody washed that thing through a couple auctions. If it's like most states the dealers just record the dealer to dealer sales on the back of the title and a clean title is issued when the truck is sold at retail. My guess would be that whoever did the fraud isn't written down, But, I'll bet you that any buyer that got that truck at auction did not miss the non stock seats or the water damage. Those kind of buyers don't stay employed. Also, I would contact the state of texas Attorney General. Selling a truck with no warranty is one thing, selling a truck that you know (and they knew) has been under water and not divulging that to the consumer is fraud.